Day of Defeat: Source $4.99 on Steam 'til July 10th

Tightened the COF (biggest difference, closer to 1.3) and moved it to OB engine (multi-core support, enhanced particle effects etc.)
It is now nice to kill what you aim at.
Not a bad deal for $5.

When I tried this back in the day I didn't like it too much. I'll give the free weekend a shot, and if I like it maybe I'll bite.

Wow, great deal. I have been itching to play this for a long time, but I wasn't prepared to pay $20 for it. I'm really bummed that my motherboard didn't arrive before the free weekend, so I don't really have a system to play it on. Well, I do have the HTPC, I just won't be able to play at full settings. Worth a shot!

Been an original DOD player since the beta (argh, it still bugs me that they got rid of the bleeding/medic system!).

Thanks OP!

Wow, great deal. I have been itching to play this for a long time, but I wasn't prepared to pay $20 for it. I'm really bummed that my motherboard didn't arrive before the free weekend, so I don't really have a system to play it on. Well, I do have the HTPC, I just won't be able to play at full settings. Worth a shot!

Been an original DOD player since the beta (argh, it still bugs me that they got rid of the bleeding/medic system!).

Thanks OP!

I miss the medic system too =(

at first i bought the normal one not source. Then i still had enough in my paypal for source because ive got a few friends who play this game. And 5 bucks isnt bad even tho i paid like 10. But i only had like 3 in my paypal so idk how that worked lol.

If you only had 3 bucks in PP, it probably used a bank transfer.

Started playing the normal DoD way back when it came out. Really liked it back then but DoD:S is still great!

After getting the orange box for $20, this seems like a no brainer :)

Played the original for years and now trying out the free trial. Gonna buy this for sure! Fun game.

if some of you guys are getting back into it, come play with me

sw.nuclearfallout.net

Yep , I just reinstalled it once the patch came out and been having a blast again.

This comes with Counter Strike: Source btw.
You can get for $10-20 at B&M stores like BB and CC.

I love how I keep getting all these games through steam only when they are on sale like this.

I haven't played DoD since it first came out until now. I didn't really get into the first one, but I just played the free weekend and it was so much fun!

I'm buying. :)

No, like if you buy the CS:S discs (or maybe on steam, too) you get DoD:S and Half Life:Source.

the one on steam looks to be just css and garry's mod for 25$

doesnt look like it includes the others you said

everyone who likes the original will like the new one.

The only things I don't like about DOD:S is that they took out M1 Carbine class and combined it with bazooka, but I rather have just an M1 with lots of ammo.

Too bad you can't get up a quick bi-pod with the BAR also.

Overall a great game that does some things better than the original but does leave you want some stuff back from the first one as well,.

I said it was the actual discs you buy at B&M stores, and MAYBE steam. I didn't check steam.
I got mine for $10 at BB and it had all 3 of those, just not Garry's mod.

everyone who likes the original will like the new one.

The only things I don't like about DOD:S is that they took out M1 Carbine class and combined it with bazooka, but I rather have just an M1 with lots of ammo.

Too bad you can't get up a quick bi-pod with the BAR also.

Overall a great game that does some things better than the original but does leave you want some stuff back from the first one as well,.

Para weapons -Scoped FG42 pleeeez.

It's certainly come a long way since the first time I played it. I'm getting in on this.

I said it was the actual discs you buy at B&M stores, and MAYBE steam. I didn't check steam.
I got mine for $10 at BB and it had all 3 of those, just not Garry's mod.

I wish I could get in on that deal :(
It's $20 at bestbuy now.

Well it's still amazing addictive piece of game and for 5 $ it's no brainer

curses, I payed $25 for orange box.

I payed approx 40 for the orange box on Steam...right before Black Friday last year. It was on sale then for far less :(. I've had DOD: S since I bought the gold HL2 pack on steam way back in 2004.

Having issues with DoD:S, can only guess it's a bug as I'm having the same issue on two rigs. Whenever I setup my mg on a sandbag, window, or the floor, my POV immediately snaps in some arbitrary direction and cancels the bipod deploy. If I keep trying to deploy it in the same area, it'll keeps snapping my POV the same random direction. Frustrating. Don't use mgs much, but it'd be nice if I could fill the role if ever needed.

Back