- Joined
- Mar 31, 2005
- Messages
- 7,993
Here is what ive got..
MAXTOR
Diamond Max 10
Model: 6L200P0
200gb PATA133 HDD
28JAN2006
Drive crapped out on me.. I have it hooked up via a USB2 enclosure but I have also hooked it up directly to an IDE interface.. Get the same results with both..
The drive spins up, the auto run will go for about 15 seconds, it acts like its working but never actually shows any files.. If I try and access the HDD it says its invalid.. I ran MAXTOR tools for USB drives and it gets 15 consecutive errors and stops because it says it may cause data loss.. I think it was at sector 3655-3570 .. somewhere in that area..
I have about 12 years worth of data on this drive and I REALLY need to recover at LEAST my pictures, and hopefully my Music.. I just defregged a few days back and it was working fine so im not sure what else to do.. Data recoverys is something I havent messed with much, but ANY help would be appreciated.. Im looking into buying a new drive and swapping the daughterboard to see if thatll help.. but it seems to me that all the errors are on the platters themselves, that, or the file table is all screwed up..
Any Ideas?
MAXTOR
Diamond Max 10
Model: 6L200P0
200gb PATA133 HDD
28JAN2006
Drive crapped out on me.. I have it hooked up via a USB2 enclosure but I have also hooked it up directly to an IDE interface.. Get the same results with both..
The drive spins up, the auto run will go for about 15 seconds, it acts like its working but never actually shows any files.. If I try and access the HDD it says its invalid.. I ran MAXTOR tools for USB drives and it gets 15 consecutive errors and stops because it says it may cause data loss.. I think it was at sector 3655-3570 .. somewhere in that area..
I have about 12 years worth of data on this drive and I REALLY need to recover at LEAST my pictures, and hopefully my Music.. I just defregged a few days back and it was working fine so im not sure what else to do.. Data recoverys is something I havent messed with much, but ANY help would be appreciated.. Im looking into buying a new drive and swapping the daughterboard to see if thatll help.. but it seems to me that all the errors are on the platters themselves, that, or the file table is all screwed up..
Any Ideas?