Data Centers Consume 2% of the World's Energy

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
According to a report by the Silent Partner Group of Companies, data centers eat about 2% of humanity's global energy production, and that rising figure is starting to create security and logistical issues. The release points to brief AWS power outages in March and May of this year that knocked out many service, as well as a wikilinks listing of "secret" AWS datacenter locations. The group seems to think that higher standards are needed if future internet infrastructure is to remain secure and reliable, especially if those services are used by organizations like the DoD.

"Mission-critical data centers can't afford the slightest mishap, or they could face very costly repercussions," warned Hobbie. "Power outages and security breaches are entirely avoidable; firms just need to do their due diligence and choose their cloud-based and enterprise services partners with care. At SPGC, we"re using our team's expertise to bring the most powerful, multi-dimensional and highly efficient cloud computing centers to clients worldwide, and we're proud to lead the way in data/energy innovations."

Therefore let's cut out all the processing running stats on user/citizen data. Gets expensive running big data to predict what the person is going to buy or do with their life. Too many people.

The data centers pretty much all the major players are building here, will eat every milliwatt of green power Denmark generate, and only one of them will recycle the heat generated by the servers into our heating system ( a data center generate enough heat to heat up 650 Danish homes )
So the Danish notion of being 100% on renewable energy by 2030,,,,,, i don't see that coming if these energy hogs keep building here, cuz the way i see it those data centers pretty much reset us back to zero in regard to renewable energy.
And as you all know i assume, its not like a data center generate a lot of jobs when it is up and running, so i am pretty sure this will be a loose - loose situation for the general Danish public.

Crypto mining here have never been worth it due to the high cost pf power for us regular people.

The data centers pretty much all the major players are building here, will eat every milliwatt of green power Denmark generate, and only one of them will recycle the heat generated by the servers into our heating system ( a data center generate enough heat to heat up 650 Danish homes )
So the Danish notion of being 100% on renewable energy by 2030,,,,,, i don't see that coming if these energy hogs keep building here, cuz the way i see it those data centers pretty much reset us back to zero in regard to renewable energy.
And as you all know i assume, its not like a data center generate a lot of jobs when it is up and running, so i am pretty sure this will be a loose - loose situation for the general Danish public.

Crypto mining here have never been worth it due to the high cost pf power for us regular people.

If the prices of energy is so high in Denmark, how much in incentives is your gov't giving these companies to build all their datacenters there?

Wonder how much the mega one in Utah will consume, that senators claimed to have no knowledge of.

Back