• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Data center in Space

Why does capsule in space with astronomers inside need to run heater constantly to keep temperature up? If there is no conductive medium in space, where is heat going?
Yeah thats an interesting question. I assume you mean, for example, the astronauts in the apollo missions? I believe it got very cold when they turned off power for everything in apolllo 13. I dont know, but i would think its an equilibrium that is reached between how much heat is produced inside the capsule (humans + electronics), and the amount of heat the capsule can radiate (mainly a function of its surface area, some material index value, and its temp). So perhaps in the case of apollo capsules the surface area of the capsule is large compared to heat output of the internals.
 
It always amazes me when rich billionaires say something like "Im going to put data centers in space" and then normal dudes on social media and forums are like "Its not going to work" like they probably havent already invested tens, if not hundreds, of millions of dollars into figuring out how to do it.
 
It always amazes me when rich billionaires say something like "Im going to put data centers in space" and then normal dudes on social media and forums are like "Its not going to work" like they probably havent already invested tens, if not hundreds, of millions of dollars into figuring out how to do it.
You mean like whe we called out Musk's "Boring"?
Or his claims 2016cabout humans on Mars in theyear 2024?
Or his "Hyperloop"?

I have a bridge for sale btw...interested?
 
You mean like whe we called out Musk's "Boring"?
Or his claims 2016cabout humans on Mars in theyear 2024?
Or his "Hyperloop"?

I have a bridge for sale btw...interested?
I don't care about the Boring company, even though as a company that bores tunnels its capable. They have many ongoing projects building underground tunnels in many cities.
I don't care about his timeline of putting people on Mars. Timelines change. SpaceX is one of the most succesful and valuable companies on the planet.
I dont think he ever explicitly said hes working on a hyperloop, but again, I dont care about a hyperloop. That is somehow tied into a potential new phase of the Boring company per something I read recently.

I cant remember ever seeing anti Elon stuff until he got involved into politics. Its so exhausting. As a human, he's probably the most important individual human on the planet but some dude on a forum said data centers are dumb so he might as well hang up his hat.
 
I don't care about the Boring company, even though as a company that bores tunnels its capable. They have many ongoing projects building underground tunnels in many cities.
I don't care about his timeline of putting people on Mars. Timelines change. SpaceX is one of the most succesful and valuable companies on the planet.
I dont think he ever explicitly said hes working on a hyperloop, but again, I dont care about a hyperloop. That is somehow tied into a potential new phase of the Boring company per something I read recently.

I cant remember ever seeing anti Elon stuff until he got involved into politics. Its so exhausting. As a human, he's probably the most important individual human on the planet but some dude on a forum said data centers are dumb so he might as well hang up his hat.
Then I do not care about your opinion.
 
"Starship will never reach orbit", how about that one?
That does removes his failures

I will add:

Robot-taxis
Neural-link

People always want to turn a blind eye to the failures and sell everything new as "success" before time.
1791433550894.png
 
Im not saying your original idea is bad, i honestly dont know what they use for the coolant loop (water? Ammonia? Freon?). Just wanted the highlight the main issue.
I imagine it'll be some sort of vapor chamber design. Less moving parts = less chance of failure. No heavy fluids = cheaper to launch. Depending on how they arrange things, purely conductive can be a viable option as well.
 
Back
Top