Dash @ EMC V2.0

You can buy more SATA drives and gain speed through raid for cheaper than a few SAS drives. That and you get like 10x more space doing it. That's how I look at it. ;)

I run 5-7 VMs at any given time on my main server. It has 6 1TB WD Black drives in md raid 5. Disk IO is not the bottleneck, the CPU is. (core2quad).

You can buy more SATA drives and gain speed through raid for cheaper than a few SAS drives. That and you get like 10x more space doing it. That's how I look at it. ;)

I run 5-7 VMs at any given time on my main server. It has 6 1TB WD Black drives in md raid 5. Disk IO is not the bottleneck, the CPU is. (core2quad).

yeah i don't really have any bottle necks right now either, i check the qnap for bandwidth usage and cpu usage, and they are pretty low.

Probably going to upgrade the server to 64gigs ram first..

Coffee "QUOTE" of the day :)

DSCN3165.JPG

Decided to go for a walk and take some OUTDOOR pictures :)

DSCN3167.JPG

DSCN3168.JPG

DSCN3169.JPG

Hey, you're in Franklin, not Hopkinton!!

See if you can get a tour on the building on the other side of street :)

Hey, you're in Franklin, not Hopkinton!!

See if you can get a tour on the building on the other side of street :)

No pictures in that building tho :( BAH!

I' might ask for tour, Tonight going to try to get to head office, and get some SWAG!

p.s stop telling Scotty that im short, YOU are probably "SHORT" LOL>>!!

Believe me, you need to see that building.. That's where the goodies are...

boxster is a chick car, get a 911 turbo on there stat.

it's automatic ( the screen image ) i just leave it on there, however i just recently turned it off, it started driving me nuts as i was working and then the background would change :mad:

Now have picture of a nice WHITE GTR!

Finally the VMAX stuff :)
Judging by the equipment bay frame, I'll take a guess that's a Hawk bay?

LOL can imagine the heat. The SAN I have gets pretty hot, I remember when it was in it's production environment and was actually on all the time, and there were 8 units, not 4, wow it got hot behind there. They are basically 200 watt rack mountable heaters that store files. :p

What's all the dell gear for? You would think they would be using SAN storage instead of local drives :)

Ah, that will teach me to look at pictures a little closer next time.

Still interesting that EMC has so much Dell gear in their office, esp after their nasty breakup last year.

Back