Das Keyboard or Unicomp Keyboard?

Which one?

• Total voters

brom42

2[H]4U
I am looking to get a new keyboard. My IBM model M is getting a little finicky and I don't want to get another one off of ebay. I want to go with a nice new keyboard. I got it narrowed down to 2. Since I don't have personal experiance with either, I want some input from people that actually use these keyboards. So vote and tell me what I should get.

Endurapro 104 ($99) or Das Keyboard ($79.95)

I have the following questions:
1) Is the Endurapro as loud as the model M? I love Buckling Spring, but it would be nice if the new board was a little quieter.
2) What does the Das Keyboard use? They have all this talk about premium keyswitch technology and talk about springs, but their site is so loaded with propaganda that I am confused.
3) Are the weighted keys weird to use when gaming? I use WASD and the WAS are weighted ligher than the D.

Right now I am leaning toward Das Keyboard. It is cheaper, USB, and is just cool. But don't worry I am not falling for all their claims.

I am also open to other suggestions for keyboards.

Wow!! Thought I was the only one still using an IBM model M.
After using one likely you will be disappointed with the stupid rubber dome boards they push these days.

Have you considered buying another model M from Clicky Keyboards? http://www.clickykeyboards.com/
Some are low as $40. :)

Acutally Unicomp keyboards are Buckling Spring. They are the only people who still make them.

But $40 sounds nice :D

I think I now may go with another Model-M. The clicky keyboard site sells brand new ones for $75. And these are the ones with the removable key-caps. That is one of the best features of those boards. I can just pop off the caps and move the keys around or leave them off and have a blank keys like the Das Keyboard.

This is why the [H]ard|Forum is such a good thing.

I've learned:

1) I can get brand new Model-M keyboards from clickykeyboards.com
2) Das Keyboard is just a Keytronic board.

So these things completely change what I am going to do.

Now I probably either get another model-M and get the clear keycaps for the letters making it blank like Das Keyboard; or get the keytronic keyboard and getting out the black sharpie and blacking out the letters. Either way I can still have the letter keys blacked out while having the function key still labeled.

Back