Das Keyboard 79.99 on Woot

Condition: New

Requirements:

Designed for all Microsoft, Mac OS X, and Linux Operating Systems
Requires either (2) USB ports or (1) USB & (1) PS/2 Port (PS/2 Adapter Included)
Cherry MX blue mechanical key switches with gold contacts (clicky tactile)
Laser-etched key cap inscriptions to prevent fading
Full n-key rollover with PS/2 adapter (included), and 6 keys with USB
Enhanced 104-key layout
Two Windows keys
Glossy black upper enclosure with matching black USB cable - Darth Vader approved
Two-port USB hub 1.1 and 2.0 compatible
Blue LEDs
Extra long 6.6-foot USB cable
Dimensions: 18in x 6.5in x 1in (thickest portion, feet not extended, 1.5in w/ extended feet)
Weight: 3 lbs

In the box:

Das Keyboard DASK3PROMS1-CO Professional Model S Mechanical Keyboard
USB to PS/2 Adapter
Polishing Cloth

Pretty damn good price for a nice kbd... I am tempted even though I really want a TKL & backlit..

Wow I have only had my Das for a year and a half now and I paid $150 for it then. Now I can get one for 80. Great price though.

Hmm.. Corsair K60 with 2-day shipping for $102, or...

Das Keyboard for $92 shipped?

Das is an excellent keyboard build...though not being backlit has become a dealbreaker for me nowadays.

Man up and get Das Ultimate and force yourself to touch type :D

friend of mine has one of those, i'm already used to it every time i have to fix his pc. :D

touch typing in the dark still sucks when you don't start at the right place and everything is shifted to the left one key like a drunken davinci code

friend of mine has one of those, i'm already used to it every time i have to fix his pc. :D

touch typing in the dark still sucks when you don't start at the right place and everything is shifted to the left one key like a drunken davinci code

That's very true. I've had to compromise by training myself to feel for the bumps on F and J if I ever leave the keyboard.

I own a DAS and the big downside is the glossy top that makes dust and dirt obvious. The other problem is mine has a noisy sticky shift key that would fail a lot. I had to fix it myself.

I wish I could get it, but I don't like the layout. I'd love to get a back lit keyboard, but they none are made in the layout I want (big L shaped enter key with small backspace key right next to the backslash key).

Would this be a good keyboard for work or will it annoy the shit out of coworkers?

My Keyboard has a broken control key that keeps sticking and messing me up while I code.

Would this be a good keyboard for work or will it annoy the shit out of coworkers?

My Keyboard has a broken control key that keeps sticking and messing me up while I code.

i had to pull my blackwidow ultimate out of my office and move to the coolermaster storm trigger with browns.

these are blues and if your co-workers are easily annoyed or you don't have an office with a door, you may wanna go quieter.

i had to pull my blackwidow ultimate out of my office and move to the coolermaster storm trigger with browns.

these are blues and if your co-workers are easily annoyed or you don't have an office with a door, you may wanna go quieter.

Thanks, I'm in a cubicle so I guess I will pass.

Love my DAS Ultimate. Wish I had bought a Cherry MX-Blue keyboard sooner. Makes typing a joy and I have no issue with the tactile switches for gaming either.

Think I paid $100 for it a few months ago. $80 for the same keyboard with printed caps is a pretty good deal.

On woot, you can use the "taxsucks" code. Not sure if it's still valid, but it only saves you like $5 I think regardless of price and there is a minimum to use it which I forget ($50?).

In for 1. Thanks Jorona. I read the "taxsucks" hint too late. That will teach me to read the whole thread before pushing the button. I don't think I paid tax anyway.

Last edited:
Man up and get Das Ultimate and force yourself to touch type :D

This. This is my favorite keyboard, and what I use everyday on my desktop. I have a Rosewill for work though - blank keys didn't fly when coworkers (and IT lol) wanted to use my machine. They have a hard enough time as is with my trackball... Das makes great, heavy, quality keyboards.

I believe this is the one with the blues, yeah? I'd go for it if they were selling one with browns as I already have a keyboard with blue switches.

Lack of media keys makes this a dealbreaker for me. I really respect Das Keyboard as being one of the early mechanical keyboard manufacturers, but they seem to have forgotten about improving their product to meet newer trends.

This one has the markings (I hope). I wouldn't mind not having markings on the letters and numbers but the other keys, control, alt, slashes seem to drift around on keyboards. I use a lot of different keyboards and it creeps me out to think of having those blank. But I guess one would acclimate to it.

I have been waiting for Monoprice to get their blues back in stock but for this price I couldn't pass up the Das. I would rather have started with browns only because I don't know how loud these are going to be.

I really appreciate you all posting these deals and have purchased several of these gems over the years.:)

Last edited:
I have two of these (purchased during some Valentine's day sale a couple of years back). Suffice it to say, I would not recommend them as there are a lot better options out there. the keys are extremely noisy (which ruled out using it at work), and the actuation distance causes slight input delays (which rules it out for gaming). I honestly prefer the Logitech Illuminated on pretty much every front, and that's not even a mechanical keyboard.

I have two of these (purchased during some Valentine's day sale a couple of years back). Suffice it to say, I would not recommend them as there are a lot better options out there. the keys are extremely noisy (which ruled out using it at work), and the actuation distance causes slight input delays (which rules it out for gaming). I honestly prefer the Logitech Illuminated on pretty much every front, and that's not even a mechanical keyboard.

So basically what you're saying is you prefer membrane.

If you like Mechanical tactile Keyboards, this is the one to get, bar none.

So basically what you're saying is you prefer membrane.

If you like Mechanical tactile Keyboards, this is the one to get, bar none.

Basically no. Reading comprehension - try it sometime.

This is a very average mechanical keyboard, outperformed by pretty much any other mechanical keyboard AND by some membrane keyboards.

I hope CookieFactory is wrong or just had a bad batch because I'm going to be stuck with it. I guess there is always eBay.

I hope CookieFactory is wrong or just had a bad batch because I'm going to be stuck with it. I guess there is always eBay.

Don't get me wrong; it's perfectly usable (unless the noise is an issue). I'm simply saying out of all the keyboards I've used (mechanical or membrane) it is not one I would consider "the one to get, bar none". I've been using it on and off for close to 2 years, and I personally prefer several others. YMMV.

Don't get me wrong; it's perfectly usable (unless the noise is an issue). I'm simply saying out of all the keyboards I've used (mechanical or membrane) it is not one I would consider "the one to get, bar none". I've been using it on and off for close to 2 years, and I personally prefer several others. YMMV.
I was lusting to try mechanical and got bit. It will be interesting. I appreciate you input. It won't be the first $100 mistake and probably won't be my last.

I've had this keyboard since 2009 and I've had no issues with latency or anything mechanical other than lubbing the space bar once. Mind you I've used this same keyboard to play competitive in COD in leagues such as CAL and Cevo for some of the top teams. So don't feel discouraged if you ordered one as your first mech. I still am using this btw till my ducky keyboard comes, it has red switches I wanted to see if there's a noticeable difference.

I've had this keyboard since 2009 and I've had no issues with latency or anything mechanical other than lubbing the space bar once. Mind you I've used this same keyboard to play competitive in COD in leagues such as CAL and Cevo for some of the top teams. So don't feel discouraged if you ordered one as your first mech. I still am using this btw till my ducky keyboard comes, it has red switches I wanted to see if there's a noticeable difference.
Good encouragement. Ducky? I missed that one. I can usually sort through reviews and get a feel for things but must admit the mechanical keyboard reviews had me wondering. Rosewill for example seems to have cord connection weaknesses etc. They all had some quirk that spooked me so I just needed to jump in somewhere.

I use Google voice and a mic and sometimes use the keyboard while talking ... blue switches should make my conversations more interesting, don't you think. I laugh just thinking about it. Let's call it a conversation starter (or killer).

LOL. It's a conversation starter for sure. Most would get annoyed while on voice coms playing games. They got used to it though and eventually you would hear over the clickidy clack..a brief pause of "who's got the mic so close to the keyboard?" That's ReT, he has a mechanical KB LOL.

Eventually I rigged a mic to my studio headphones like the micmod so no one even realizes anymore. You'll like it I'm sure especially while it's new, the noise will make you feel like a kid who bought a new toy.

As for the Ducky KB I ordered, I read a lot of positive reviews and saw it recommended quite a bit on the geekhack forums. I had to see what all the hype was about while possibly putting down my DAS after all these years. Red switches are supposed to be better for FPS's also supposedly I sure hope so. $157 isn't a bargain for a mech KB imo though $85 shipped is!

I was lusting to try mechanical and got bit. It will be interesting. I appreciate you input. It won't be the first $100 mistake and probably won't be my last.

What if I tell you it's the best $120 I've ever spent on computer related product?

What if I tell you it's the best $120 I've ever spent on computer related product?
Ha, I'm glad to hear it. I guess you are a geek when waiting for your mechanical keyboard to arrive feels like waiting for Santa to show up on Christmas. It's sad really. ;)

It will probably be like my first SSD that I spent months saying who needs one. Now I can't imagine owning a PC without an SSD.

Back