DangerDen Blowout all BIX slashed!

lemmy said:
will this support aqua tubing the 1/8 fittings?

no i already asked. There are a few stores I found that sell the rads with universal threads for $10 more than danger den which will work with the ac bsp fittings.

lemmy said:
will this support aqua tubing the 1/8 fittings?

Please clarify? Which 1/8 fittings and what Aqua tubing?

1/8 BSPP fittings will not fit in 1/4 NPT DD rads. The 1/4 BSPP fittings do not fit well in the last DD BI Pro I got, but this is dependent on the thread length of the fittings in question. The 1/4 BSPP fittings sold by AC will fit the DD NPT threads, but you will need a lot of pipe tape on them. The other problem is that DD rads have a slight bevel on the beginning threads that quite often don't allow a good seal with the o-ring of BSPP fittings.

You can also get 8/6mm push-fits with NPT threads from various suppliers, but do you really want to use pipe tape on your fittings? That stuff can come off and circulate in your system and plug rads and jets in water blocks.

I have some questions (I am a WCooling noob so be kind):
Since these prices appear to be very good, I am considering to buy a BIP2. I am planning to watercool my rig that I will get late July. I am not sure yet whether it will be dual opterons or a single A64 (yes the AMD tech tour deal).

I know that with computer hardware, waiting is a good idea, since stuff will -mostly- get cheaper over time. Is that the case with watercooling stuff? Or is this deal good enough to justify me buying the radiator now, rather than wait till I have my system?

drizzt81 said:
I have some questions (I am a WCooling noob so be kind):
Since these prices appear to be very good, I am considering to buy a BIP2. I am planning to watercool my rig that I will get late July. I am not sure yet whether it will be dual opterons or a single A64 (yes the AMD tech tour deal).

I know that with computer hardware, waiting is a good idea, since stuff will -mostly- get cheaper over time. Is that the case with watercooling stuff? Or is this deal good enough to justify me buying the radiator now, rather than wait till I have my system?

For years the price of radiators stayed the same. Now that there is competition prices will come down. As for other components yes the price will come down over time but often you'll end up wanting the "new model"

I never seen this "sale" you speak of. And I just checked back again, and still nothing. Only thing I have seen, is XX% off "market price" which is some value they have found for an equivalent product.

did I miss the real sale?? I've "pondered" buying radiator and finishing my watercooling setup that has been in project state for like 4.5yrs.. lol...

Ezekial said:
I never seen this "sale" you speak of. And I just checked back again, and still nothing. Only thing I have seen, is XX% off "market price" which is some value they have found for an equivalent product.

did I miss the real sale?? I've "pondered" buying radiator and finishing my watercooling setup that has been in project state for like 4.5yrs.. lol...
that was the price before the sale, and at what most other retailers sell it for. this is really a good deal :cool:

2Fresh said:
I sell the 2x120mm ones (not exactly the same) for $35. Those BIX are damn expensive and perform no better then what I have. :D

I would think yours perform better. I am not impressed with the BIX's. My old Dtek Procore original heatercore outperofmed their extreme.

Bugalaman said:
that was the price before the sale, and at what most other retailers sell it for. this is really a good deal

Yeah good deal for us, but will probably kill their distribution channel as they just stuck it to their "dealers" big time with zero warning of any pricing decreases.

Top Nurse said:
........but will probably kill their distribution channel as they just stuck it to their "dealers" big time with zero warning of any pricing decreases.

Yep, they did stick it to a whole lot of online retailers.

Forgot to mention....I include free 120m fans with my rads. rad and 2 120mm fans for $35!!!??? It just blows my mind to think of it!! :D :rolleyes:

Lothar5150 said:
Yep, they did stick it to a whole lot of online retailers.

Which inclines me to believe that DD will see a decrease in sales presence and thus market share. Nothing really new though as they seem to never have really been comfortable with having distributors for their goods.

Top Nurse said:
Which inclines me to believe that DD will see a decrease in sales presence and thus market share. Nothing really new though as they seem to never have really been comfortable with having distributors for their goods.

Perhaps, only time will tell, but I'd argue that this would be a likely outcome despite this issue. Call CoolRads knock-offs all you want, they really are a better made radiators and this factor alone will eventually reduce there market share from a consumer standpoint.

BTW did you notice the prices for the BIX today?

Lothar5150 said:
Perhaps, only time will tell, but I'd argue that this would be a likely outcome despite this issue. Call CoolRads knock-offs all you want, they really are a better made radiators and this factor alone will eventually reduce there market share from a consumer standpoint. BTW did you notice the prices for the BIX today?

BTW, when can we expect 120.2 and 120.3 rads from your company?

Top Nurse said:
BTW, when can we expect 120.2 and 120.3 rads from your company?

At this point I'll just say soon. The last ETA I published was a mistake as is evident by the sudden drop in prices by HWLabs the same week the first CoolRads shipped out. As a Marine, the first time is a lesson learned the second time is a Big #$%! Up :cool:

Back