DangerDen Blowout all BIX slashed!

Sounds like they have decided to ditch the BI series and go with Thermochill.

I sell the 2x120mm ones (not exactly the same) for $35. Those BIX are damn expensive and perform no better then what I have. :D

2Fresh said:
I sell the 2x120mm ones (not exactly the same) for $35. Those BIX are damn expensive and perform no better then what I have. :D

Are you selling those knock-offs made in China through that Huntington Beach company?

I'd grab the bip 2 but they said it uses 9/16'' so I dont think it will work with a fitting with 1/4'' thread

Top Nurse said:
Are you selling those knock-offs made in China through that Huntington Beach company?

No he sells heater cores. Seems worded to say elsewise (how is it really like a BIX other than it cools water!) It's as close to a BIX as it is to anything else we're using for comps but no more. But I'm sure his meet or beat the BIX so no real foul, just from the outside looking in, I can see your misunderstanding. Yeah it's like a BIX, it has fins, it cools water. Bleh... trying to clear up... beyond this it's a semantics thing. At the end of the day you can get his dual 120 rad for probably less than the "sale" price of the BIX2 is really the important part.

The "problem" with DD BI rads are that they are strictly NPT threads. They do not use the universal thread.

cypher22 said:
I'd grab the bip 2 but they said it uses 9/16'' so I dont think it will work with a fitting with 1/4'' thread

9/16 is 1/4 NPT, but see previous post

Top Nurse said:
Sounds like they have decided to ditch the BI series and go with Thermochill.

Not according to their front page:

"
Hardware Labs, Peformance Systems, designer and manufacturer of the industry first Black Ice PC Radiator® designates the primary distributor for the US and announces new products.

HWLabs' long-time industry partner, Danger Den LLC, is designated as the primary distributor for the

US. This arrangement allows HWLabs to improve support to our various resellers making volume distribution of the Black Ice PC Radiators® in the US market possible.
In tandem with this milestone, HWLabs announces an across the board reduction in prices, providing our customers with greater value on the industry's highest quality performance products.
This brings the premium Black Ice PC Radiators®, to all levels of the market including performance computing enthusiasts and mainstream users.
"

cypher22 said:
The thread I need to use it with is 1/4'' bsp

It won't work properly. However, you can use the ones sold by Asetek as they have universal threads on them.

Top Nurse said:

No, I use cores. Here is a pic.
nofins.jpg

Top Nurse said:
The "problem" with DD BI rads are that they are strictly NPT threads. They do not use the universal thread.
Now with 12.5 mm (1/2 inch) High-Flow inlet/outlet barbed hose connectors. *Available in 9.5 mm (3/8 inch). Compatible with 9/16 thread O-ring fittings.

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=4&cat=13&page=1

They've been selling that way for a while now, don't remember how long, but the BIX I got from them works just fine with the connectors from Alphacool and 1A-Cooling.......... :eek:

dsc017350ir.jpg

dsc017377fd.jpg

Sounds to me like Hardware Labs is feeling the heat from the new Thermochills, especially the PA160. That's the good thing about America: when companies compete for your $ and start redesigning/cutting prices of their products, we win :D

Then again, if I didn't like doing things myself and hadn't bought/modded my own heatercore, I would seriously consider one of 2Fresh or weapon's instead of a radiator, but with these prices...

For those too lazy to go to the site themselves:
Go to the site anyways because Top Nurse doesn't like me inadvertantly advertising for DD by using their bandwidth.

Would that single 120mm radiator be enough to cool my Barton 3000+ [non-OC'ed] and a midrange graphics card [6600GT or the like]? Or should I jump for a dual 120mm rad?

Pete84 said:
Would that single 120mm radiator be enough to cool my Barton 3000+ [non-OC'ed] and a midrange graphics card [6600GT or the like]? Or should I jump for a dual 120mm rad?

Yes it would be enough, temps might not be uber leet, but they will be well under tolerances and probably equal to or better than decent air cooling.

Pete84 said:

Not a problem.

What kind of radiator should I get for a Lian Li PC-60 Plus? I was thinking of getting the single 120mm to fit in the front grill, but I don't think that will be enough for a dual core intel and possibly a GTX? Any suggestions so I can pounce on this deal today or tommorow?

HWLabs is feeling the heat from CoolingWorks…..The company in Huntington Beach and BTW the CoolRads from CoolingWorks come with both 3/8 and 1/2 Nickel plated barbs and the finish is automobile quality.

Better quality and a couple of bucks cheaper

whiteboy said:
What kind of radiator should I get for a Lian Li PC-60 Plus? I was thinking of getting the single 120mm to fit in the front grill, but I don't think that will be enough for a dual core intel and possibly a GTX? Any suggestions so I can pounce on this deal today or tommorow?

You will need at least two 120's or one 240 to have a little breathing room.

whiteboy said:
Dual 120's, or buy 2 120mm rads and stack them? What do you mean by breathing room..better preformance?

Whoops sorry about that! I thought you were going to do a dual processor, not a 2 into 1 CPU. Two 120's will cool a dual TEC Xeon board + a GPU. So it would probably be iffy on the dual core CPU to use just the single 120. Yes you can stack them if you wish or a dual 240 single rad. I don't think you will fit a 240 very well in that case unless you are willing to sacrifice some slots or alternatively you could use an Aqua Computer dual rad mount to stick the 240 in the bottom of the case. :)

The real problem is now the dual cores may neccesitate a change in waterblock design as the current designs are made to suck heat up from the center of the die. I think on this one you should plan for some breathing room with the dual 120's or 240 rad as you are like Columbus on this one methinks. ;)

Well, bottom of the case, eh no. 240 seems way to big for me, especially being a first timer. So I guess it forces me to get 1 120mm. I'll buy that today, along with my case. Hell, I won't get that good preformance as a 240 but its the only tihng that will fit.

I think on this one you should plan for some breathing room with the dual 120's or 240 rad as you are like Columbus on this one methinks.

uh er?

Top Nurse said:

Top Nurse, you and the rest of this community should be happy that someone stepped up to compete with HWLabs....the fact that the price just got cut in half says to me that you were getting scalped for the last few years. Think about that before you slam my company for bringing the cost of radiators down. I guarantee you that the quality and finish of the CoolRads is better than any HWLabs radiator. So better quality product at a lower price...how are you the consumer hurt by this?

Finally which ever radiator you buy you should be happy that there are competitors now…YOU the consumer win.

stop arguing and buy :D..... I use a heatercore myself but at these prices you can quieten that wind tunnel of a fileserver thats in the closet :cool:

SignalSoldier said:
stop arguing and buy :D..... I use a heatercore myself but at these prices you can quieten that wind tunnel of a fileserver thats in the closet :cool:
I'll second that SignalSoldier........Oh, by the way, love your sig.......... :eek: SFC U.S. Army Retired............ ;)

Lothar5150 said:
Top Nurse, you and the rest of this community should be happy that someone stepped up to compete with HWLabs....the fact that the price just got cut in half says to me that you were getting scalped for the last few years. Think about that before you slam my company for bringing the cost of radiators down. I guarantee you that the quality and finish of the CoolRads is better than any HWLabs radiator. So better quality product at a lower price...how are you the consumer hurt by this?

Finally which ever radiator you buy you should be happy that there are competitors now…YOU the consumer win.
Just a little info for those that didn't know it and those that call a new company a knock-off company, this is the company address of HW Labs:

The Lab is located at:

39 Don Ramon St.Talayan Village,
Quezon City 1104
Metro Manila
Philippines.

Also a well know country for making knock-off from time to time.

And another sid note, Cooling Works is the same company that makes different parts for companies like Danger Den and Swiftech........... :eek:

Lothar5150 said:

Oh I always believe in competition as it makes companies smarter, more honest, and levels out the playing field. However, these rads that are made in China are not being made to introduce a product to the world that needs it as they are simply copying a design of someone elses and producing it at a lower price and that is okay :) I do think it goes to far though to say that we have been being scalped by HWL :( They sat down and designed a product that would replace what people where using before and thus made it more possible for more people to water cool that didn't have the time or resources to do a complete DIY build. They invested time, money, and research to develop the product and thus are able to recoup their investment. Now that they have production up and startup costs are amortized out they can continuer to compete with the China boys.

Top Nurse said:
Oh I always believe in competition as it makes companies smarter, more honest, and levels out the playing field. However, these rads that are made in China are not being made to introduce a product to the world that needs it as they are simply copying a design of someone elses and producing it at a lower price and that is okay :) I do think it goes to far though to say that we have been being scalped by HWL :( They sat down and designed a product that would replace what people where using before and thus made it more possible for more people to water cool that didn't have the time or resources to do a complete DIY build. They invested time, money, and research to develop the product and thus are able to recoup their investment. Now that they have production up and startup costs are amortized out they can continuer to compete with the China boys.

Whoa! I actually agree with something TN said... :D :D

Top Nurse said:

Top Nurse your evaluation of competition in a free market is all wrong. Competition does create innovation initially but ultimately it will drive down price and turn innovative ideas into commodity items. This happens not because of amortization of cost but because of competition from other companies. The only exception to this is an idea that can be patented and I am afraid that the patent on radiators ran out a long time ago. China boys....come on as Bio-Hazard pointed out BI rads are made in the Philippines lets not elude to the idea that some American factory worker is loosing a job.

Bio-Hazard- Thanks for the appropriate clarification. It would be dishonest to say that some American company is now loosing business because a cheaper product is coming from Asia. In fact CoolingWorks is an American company owned by a Iraqi Freedom Vet who still serves as a Reserve Marine Corps Officer. ;)

you should be able to adjust the fittings but be wary of restirction. Im no expert somebody confirm this pls..

how long does Danger Den take to ship out stuff? I placed an order yesterday and just want to know about how long it takes.

Back