DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

How about [H]?

Additionally I imagine SPCR would do a quality review of this case. I have no idea how these sites select stuff to review though. SPCR did a build guide in the M1, for instance.

There are loads of other quality case reviewers out there. Some big, some not. My guess is most sites won't want to review it until it is actually available for sale in some fashion.

Hardware Canucks, HardOCP, and SPCR would be good ones. I don't like LinusTechTips as much, but it would give the case a LOT of exposure and interest probably since he has so many subscribers and views. A lot of people are looking into the Silverstone RVZ-02, and having this case showcased and reviewed on Hardware Canucks and LinusTechTips would up potential sales a lot.

I thought the review was fine. I enjoyed reading it.

I was particularly amused by "pixel accelerator" which I assume is google translating "graphics card" in german to english.

Gonna start calling them pixel accelerators from now on

You are right with the language the next review will be in English. But you said the side isn't interested in my case this is wrong. The side put a lot of work in this review I phoned a lot with the author to arrange the optimum test hardware with the C7, 6700k and Impact VIII. Also the article itself is very great and highlighting all features and honors the great size a lot. For the most sides case reviews are not really important, because they are generating not enough page views like GPUs or CPUs so they have very limited test hardware. Golem ordered every component extra for the review. The next problem is the test values of the hardware (temps and noise). Golem and also the last reviewer Computerbase said it, that this values depending extremely on the hardware that will be used and this is true. So if I send the case to an review side you will only get values of the used hardware and for the most case reviews the test hardware is old. So it will be very hard to compare it with the thousand combinations you can build into it.

I also agree with the comparing picture but the most review sides have to send the old cases back to the manufacture so they have no cases to compare.

Maybe you have a good idea for a review side that can make a test you are looking for.

Don't get me wrong. I'm truly interested in your case, even though I already have an NCASE M1 (V1. Pre-order and all). Its just a matter of deciding whether having two premium mITX cases and only using one is worth it or not because, from a day to day point of view, I have no use for an additional case and, even more so, I would have to change some hardware in order to adapt to the A4-SFX. But, for what its worth it, I like your design. At least you had the balls to make something different, use the community for feedback, and fight for it.

But besides that, I don't see the love on the review, although you mention lots of feedback back and forth. And yes, im very very questioning about everything... but heck, you have to be this day if you want to have an astounding product. And now that you mention the "special" hardware they used, I even see less love there... yes, they might have used the "right" hardware (nope, they didn't), but they put no real interest whatsoever.

Tell me something. What makes a tiny mITX interesting besides the fact that it uses very little real state on the desktop (and, to be honest, though the difference in volume between a Prodigy and my M1 is very significant, the difference in REAL space used on top of a desktop isn't that big)?

Not many things, actually. In my experience, very small computers are...

a) A pain in the ass to plan.
b) A pain in the ass to build.
c) A pain in the ass to maintain.
d) A pain in the ass to upgrade.

Everybody will agree on this because, objectively, it is completely true. Very small computers are a huge pain in the ass on all counts. So why do some of us decide to spend our hard earned money on small cases when the single feature that makes them different is of no importance to us although we pay 2x or 3x other cases with similar build quality?

That is the question that matter, IMO. And although I can't give you the "correct" answer, I can give you mine, as it is the reason why I bought the M1 (and the same reason I'm considering your A4, even though I have no use for it at the moment).

a) The design is sexy.
b) Its one of the few cases out there that has a ton of thought put into every little detail.
c) Its community-born.
d) Did I say that the design is sexy?

You see, the reason why I think that review is shit is simply because it doesn't even try to show the reason for the case to be. Everybody knows that temperatures on the A4 will be shit (compared to everything else). Everybody knows that you have to compromise A LOT on the A4. And still, here we are, discussing about it... BECAUSE WE LIKE IT. But that review won't make somebody like it if they didn't already, because there is no love, no understanding of it all in the first place.

Who would be fit to review this thing properly? Anybody who has been a part of any of the threads about this case you have around the web, that has shown that they TRULY are interested in the thing. I'm sure you will find many users that are more than capable of it, and they would LOVE to be given such an opportunity.

Also, and for the record, keep the M1 in your head. That community experiment should help you realise that the strongest marketing is the P2P one. Nothing sells an extreme product that to find a peer of yours that lives on the other side of the planet using a very interesting case that you never heard about. This is why the first round of the M1 was the smallest (that I know of): people simply didn't know of its existence. And once they knew, it was too late. But the NCASE team saw the benefit for them to release some extra runs... and they did it, making money on the process, and making many people happy.

All in all, community driven things like this are fairly fragile. I'm not convinced that choosing a reseller for us the EU community is a good idea at all... but its your call, and your call only. For what it is, a case does not need any kind of warranty at all (unless it arrives damaged in the first place), which makes it buying oversees less of a problem. And the fact that the distributor takes its fee, and that you pay customs in every case, makes it even more expensive that it has to be. If it were up to me, I'd choose the same method the NCASE team decided... as this case plans to move a similar volume, and they were as good as it gets regarding release and everything else. And I'm being very honest here, because I truly have no idea how the fuck did W360 and Necere got the distribution system so above standard. As picky and questioning and a big pain in the ass that I am... I can't find anything wrong with my case, nor the distribution method chosen, nor the way they handle problems with defective units. IMO, they are a case for study, and a shining example that community-driven things can truly work.

I personally don't feel small computers are a pain to build in, plan for, maintain, or upgrade.
I can see why people feel that way, but I honestly disagree.

What makes ultra-small mITX cases interesting other than desk real estate is how easy it is to take them places, like LANs or anywhere else you want your computer. With the right monitor (Like my iPad solution) you need barely more space than a laptop, and just one power outlet.

Also how the designers manage to fit everything into the smallest spaces is pretty stunning, in my opinion.

Personally when I get my hands on the A4 I'll be selling my M1 V2, since I have no need for two cases. I dunno about you, but all I have to change to fit into the A4 is my CPU cooler, and my C7 arrived earlier this evening and I'm doing benchmarking now. :)

I personally don't feel small computers are a pain to build in, plan for, maintain, or upgrade.
I can see why people feel that way, but I honestly disagree.

What makes ultra-small mITX cases interesting other than desk real estate is how easy it is to take them places, like LANs or anywhere else you want your computer. With the right monitor (Like my iPad solution) you need barely more space than a laptop, and just one power outlet.

Also how the designers manage to fit everything into the smallest spaces is pretty stunning, in my opinion.

Personally when I get my hands on the A4 I'll be selling my M1 V2, since I have no need for two cases. I dunno about you, but all I have to change to fit into the A4 is my CPU cooler, and my C7 arrived earlier this evening and I'm doing benchmarking now. :)

To be honest, you are the extremist extreme. And don't tell me I'm wrong... I saw your AMAZING build (specially the screen part), and I totally understand why you will swap the M1 for the A4 in a heart beat :D

But, for most of us, the M1 was the result not of us needing a case this small, but about wanting it.

PS: and I envy that you don't think its a PITA to deal with small cases. I love them to bits, but I don't like it that much to tinker with them. To each his own, of course :D

PS: you would be a very very good candidate to be selected to review a unit.

I will still probably buy this case as it's pretty much the most optimal mini tower SFF case. The next thing I will wait for is custom cases like QinX's case to become popularized.
Maybe there will be Ultra compact DIY gaming cases slightly bigger than Zotac's NEN steam machine or the Alienware Alpha.

The SFF market is getting really interesting and exciting!

QDyXPeH.jpg

If you value practicality over everything else, then you could do this to stop the dust and protect components from overheating. Its not perfect solution but at least... something, right?

I just don't wanna clean the dust constantly. Plus, when you transport your PC you can take those off... The only thing is you gotta find proper sized fans... Which I haven't thought about. It'll sure look ugly though haha, I don't give a heck, I still want two USB ports

To be honest, you are the extremist extreme. And don't tell me I'm wrong... I saw your AMAZING build (specially the screen part), and I totally understand why you will swap the M1 for the A4 in a heart beat :D

But, for most of us, the M1 was the result not of us needing a case this small, but about wanting it.

PS: and I envy that you don't think its a PITA to deal with small cases. I love them to bits, but I don't like it that much to tinker with them. To each his own, of course :D

PS: you would be a very very good candidate to be selected to review a unit.

I have to say, I'm flattered by the Extremeist extreme thing, and the compliment on my build. Thank you. :)

I'm not certain I'm a great candidate for that, I've never done a review and have no audience.

I'll do a little youtube review/ build video thing when I get my production case though!

I haven't read the last page of the thread, but regarding the next review -- I think PCPer is an excellent choice. Needless to say, you NEED to get this case to Linus. That alone can make the difference between success/growing your business, and very limited profit. Linus has a small case fetish. He loves cases that fit as much as possible in as little space as possible without sacrificing anything essential. He will have a nerd-on reviewing this case and he will highlight exactly what makes it exceptional. You just need to get his attention, I think we can help with that too. Hardware Canucks is your next best bet. I've watched a ton of their reviews, they specialize in cases and they are very well respected and a go to for case buyers. They also really like SFF. If you can get these two to review you, you're golden.

I also agree that getting this case to Linus would be huge in terms of visibility. A video on this case would quickly gather hundreds of thousands of views.

He recently did a video with the Asrock X99 ITX board + an 18 core Xeon with a Titan X in a snall case. Send him the A4, a dynatron t318, and I bet he'd squeeze that hardware into this case for the review!

This may expose my ignorance, but can someone explain to me exactly why airflow/temperatures would be bad in this case? It seems to me they would be decent b/c everything is basically outside. The CPU and GPU coolers, as well as the PSU fan all nearly touch the walls of the case, which are mesh with giant holes -- easily 70% empty space in the meshed area. So your components are basically outside. Whatever heat doesn't get fanned out will rise a few cm to the top and escape from there. Would a system run outside have bad temps? I suppose a closed system that has lots of fans blowing on components and exhausting the heat out + a good air pressure balance, can create a lower temp in the case, but I think as far as heat exhaust and airflow, this case is as good as no case.

In my experience, very small computers are...
a) A pain in the ass to plan.
b) A pain in the ass to build.
c) A pain in the ass to maintain.
d) A pain in the ass to upgrade.
Everybody will agree on this because, objectively, it is completely true. Very small computers are a huge pain in the ass on all counts. So why do some of us decide to spend our hard earned money on small cases when the single feature that makes them different is of no importance to us although we pay 2x or 3x other cases with similar build quality?

Then you don't understand the concept behind the A4-SFX.
a) Very easy to plan you are only limited in the thickness of the GPU and the coolers height.
b) Easy to build, because you have easy access to all sites. Only routing the powercables takes time.
c) Easy access to all components means easy maintain
d) all ITX motherboards are supported and also long GPUs can be use, so its not a problem

You see, the reason why I think that review is shit is simply because it doesn't even try to show the reason for the case to be. Everybody knows that temperatures on the A4 will be shit (compared to everything else). Everybody knows that you have to compromise A LOT on the A4. And still, here we are, discussing about it... BECAUSE WE LIKE IT. But that review won't make somebody like it if they didn't already, because there is no love, no understanding of it all in the first place.

This is completely wrong, if you use the same hardware and coolers in a bigger case the temperature will be not as good as in the A4. You are limited with the CPU cooler so the CPU will be not as cool as in an water-cooled system this is right, but this should everybody know. What compromise do you have to go? Smaller coolers? Only one USB at the front? No ODD? If somebody think this is a compromise than he should buy a bigger tower. The A4-SFX is a ultra compact system, everybody should know that you can't have the same features like in an bigger case.

Who would be fit to review this thing properly? Anybody who has been a part of any of the threads about this case you have around the web, that has shown that they TRULY are interested in the thing. I'm sure you will find many users that are more than capable of it, and they would LOVE to be given such an opportunity

If you will like to see an review that is meaningful than it is very important that somebody reviewed the case that like it but not fall in love with it. It must be objective and this is the last review. Furthermore it is very important that a well know side make a review. I agree with you that some users in this thread can write very good review, but if they don't have a side that is visited by millions of readers every day it will not help.

This may expose my ignorance, but can someone explain to me exactly why airflow/temperatures would be bad in this case? It seems to me they would be decent b/c everything is basically outside. The CPU and GPU coolers, as well as the PSU fan all nearly touch the walls of the case, which are mesh with giant holes -- easily 70% empty space in the meshed area. So your components are basically outside. Whatever heat doesn't get fanned out will rise a few cm to the top and escape from there. Would a system run outside have bad temps? I suppose a closed system that has lots of fans blowing on components and exhausting the heat out + a good air pressure balance, can create a lower temp in the case, but I think as far as heat exhaust and airflow, this case is as good as no case.

Completely right. The different between the A4-SFX and no case is 2-3 °C

I also agree that getting this case to Linus would be huge in terms of visibility. A video on this case would quickly gather hundreds of thousands of views.

I wrote him a email some weeks ago, I never god an answer. By the way the review on golem generated also hundreds of thousands of views. It is on the same level as the review about the Surface 4 Pro on this side.

Last edited:
Then you don't understand the concept behind the A4-SFX.
a) Very easy to plan you are only limited in the thickness of the GPU and the coolers height.
b) Easy to build, because you have easy access to all sites. Only routing the powercables takes time.
c) Easy access to all components means easy maintain
d) all ITX motherboards are supported and also long GPUs can be use, so its not a problem

This is completely wrong, if you use the same hardware and coolers in a bigger case the temperature will be not as good as in the A4. You are limited with the CPU cooler so the CPU will be not as cool as in an water-cooled system this is right, but this should everybody know. What compromise do you have to go? Smaller coolers? Only one USB at the front? No ODD? If somebody think this is a compromise than he should buy a bigger tower. The A4-SFX is a ultra compact system, everybody should know that you can't have the same features like in an bigger case.

If you will like to see an review that is meaningful than it is very important that somebody reviewed the case that like it but not fall in love with it. It must be objective and this is the last review. Furthermore it is very important that a well know side make a review. I agree with you that some users in this thread can write very good review, but if they don't have a side that is visited by millions of readers every day it will not help.

Gotta agree with Dan. Traditional mitx cases are pita to work on, but the A4 looks to have a good many advantages with its layout.

Some Guys here should just stfu... :eek: You should not be allowed to buy one of these Cases....:(
I really dont understand how that many people talk bulls**t about cooling and dont even know anything about the simple this of thermodynamic/convection.

From viewpoint of cooling, DAN Case is just perfect. There is simply no need for watercooling/modding...

however... i know its like tilting at windmills
@DAN: good job, nicely done, I am impressed by your work
@Vexel: plz take the case as it is....

Question for Dan -- If the SSD tray at the bottom was removable (which it seems to be), would it be possible to mount a 3.5" HDD there instead of the 2 2.5" drives? There seems to be plenty of space. I don't plan on using mechanical drives, but this is one of very few potential deal breakers to people considering this case. How hard would it be to make some holes for it? With the increasing popularity of M.2 drives (I plan on getting the 1TB Samsung 950 when it comes out) + the single 2.5" mount behind the front cover, the bottom bay may remain unused by some people. So having some flexibility there may be useful for futureproofing the case. Another option could be to mount a fan there. Having the ability to mount a single 120mm fan may be very appealling to some people, regardless of how practical it is. Some may even be able to mount a slim 120mm radiator (e.g. Corsair H60) if they're using a short graphics card and/or a short PSU. I feel like you could kill 2 bids with one stone here and eliminate 2 of the only drawbacks of the case by simply having some extra holes. Unless this is already possible with the current holes and I'm a total idiot. Either way, I'd appreciate a response. :)

Question for Dan -- If the SSD tray at the bottom was removable (which it seems to be), would it be possible to mount a 3.5" HDD there instead of the 2 2.5" drives? There seems to be plenty of space. I don't plan on using mechanical drives, but this is one of very few potential deal breakers to people considering this case. How hard would it be to make some holes for it? With the increasing popularity of M.2 drives (I plan on getting the 1TB Samsung 950 when it comes out) + the single 2.5" mount behind the front cover, the bottom bay may remain unused by some people. So having some flexibility there may be useful for futureproofing the case. Another option could be to mount a fan there. Having the ability to mount a single 120mm fan may be very appealling to some people, regardless of how practical it is. Some may even be able to mount a slim 120mm radiator (e.g. Corsair H60) if they're using a short graphics card and/or a short PSU. I feel like you could kill 2 bids with one stone here and eliminate 2 of the only drawbacks of the case by simply having some extra holes. Unless this is already possible with the current holes and I'm a total idiot. Either way, I'd appreciate a response. :)

index2.jpg

You are gonna need to drill a bunch of holes or something if you want to put a fan and/or AIO system where the drive bay is…

Furthermore a 120mm FAN is 120mm wide ; ) My case is 113mm wide so it will not fit in the hdd-bay position. But if you use a short GPU like the AMD Nano you can mount a slim radiator next to it. Maybe I will bring out a bracket for this later, that could be used for the radiator or the 3.25" HDD.

Also a 3.25" HDD will not fit in the hdd-bay position, because it is too long and will collidate with the motherboard-tray.

Next one will be PC-Perspective or do you have an other review side that you prefer?

By the way I think Golem.de did a great review. It is the first case review of them normaly the test only GPUs and CPUs in the Hardware section. The A4-SFX is so special that they made an exception. Golem is one of the most visited german IT-Newssides so they generate a high view rate on this project. Too bad that they made no real noise and temp measurement, but I think for this I must send the case to a side with a higher focus on hardware.

Hi Dan,

I would love to see the Swedish guys over att www.sweclockers.com make an review of your case. Please get in touch with them.

http://www.sweclockers.com/info/english

Br
Dennis

Furthermore a 120mm FAN is 120mm wide ; ) My case is 113mm wide so it will not fit in the hdd-bay position. But if you use a short GPU like the AMD Nano you can mount a slim radiator next to it. Maybe I will bring out a bracket for this later, that could be used for the radiator or the 3.25" HDD.

Also a 3.25" HDD will not fit in the hdd-bay position, because it is too long and will collidate with the motherboard-tray.

Ah I should have checked the specs before asking a stupid question. Could you consider widening the case to 120mm for a future version? It'll only add 0.5L to volume and you'll have an AIO cooling option+case fan and also slightly more clearance for thicker graphics cards. Although that may conflict with the theme of the case which is as small as possible. And I do like it as it is, but just a thought. A 120mm rad in that case would be sick if natively supported.

@dondan, I just wanted to let you know, I've grown fond of how you type sides when you mean websites and sites when you mean the sides of your case xD

Seconding this. I know a bunch of members of sweclockers bought the M1, so there's a market here for enthusiast cases.

Yeah, scandinavians are always willing to spend money on premium stuff because they're rich. For example in Norway Tesla Model S was the best selling car of 2014 I think, even though it is expensive as f*** :)

QDyXPeH.jpg

If you value practicality over everything else, then you could do this to stop the dust and protect components from overheating. Its not perfect solution but at least... something, right?

I just don't wanna clean the dust constantly. Plus, when you transport your PC you can take those off... The only thing is you gotta find proper sized fans... Which I haven't thought about. It'll sure look ugly though haha, I don't give a heck, I still want two USB ports

Ok so can somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that in DAN case cooling can actually be better than in some tower cases because GPU, CPU and PS take air directly from outside, where in tower cases you have air circulating inside a small enclosed space.

I wrote him a email some weeks ago, I never god an answer. By the way the review on golem generated also hundreds of thousands of views. It is on the same level as the review about the Surface 4 Pro on this side.

I just emailed and PM'd Linus requesting that he consider your review. If everyone else will request it as well we may be able to help you out with that.

http://www.linusmediagroup.com/contact/

http://linustechtips.com/main/user/3-linustech/

https://twitter.com/LinusTech

Can't really tell if they are trolling or being serious, but it's already proven that the A4 case has good ventilation and temps.

Personally I would like to see it reviewed by Anandtech, Sweclockers and of course hardocp.

I would like to get it on everythign that has the largest audience, because we could potentially see a price drop if there are many orders.

If this case would be 70-100 euro max it would be hit and it could be produced in large quantities.With 250+ euro plus most customers will be priced out or will go for ncase or buy 50 euro cooler master mini atx cases .Now I see it only for people who travel a lot and need as small as light as possible, for home ncase or coolermaster is a bit bigger but cheaper and with much better cooling.For home ncase is much better choice, it fits atx power supply which may be cheaper and more powerful it can fit water cooling so you get more value out of cpu.For travelling DAN is better but its damn expensive.

Also ... it features PCIE 3.0 riser which will be obsolete in few months.Nvidia is going to jump to new and much faster NVlink.

Last edited:
Also ... it features PCIE 3.0 riser which will be obsolete in few months.Nvidia is going to jump to new and much faster NVlink.

From what I understand NVlink will only be available to consumers as a replacement for the SLI bridge. NVlink is going to be used with PowerPC CPUs (think IBM servers), but as of now there will not be an interconnect for x86 (Intel/AMD) CPUs. Thus, PCIe is not going anywhere for NVlink until Nvidia gets Intel and AMD on board... what do you think is the chance of that happening?

Same here NVlink will not replace PCIe. Intel and AMD will never join to an proprietary solution. The next standart will be PCIe 4.0 in 2-3 years. The 3M cable should be ready for this.

See this video, that show that a 1m cable with 2 phase is able to transfare up to 25 GB/s. The 3M PCIe Cable has 4 Data cables with 11 phase for each cable. So we have 4*11/2*25Gbit/s=550Gbit/s.
PCIe 4.0 16x needs 252 Gbit/s. and the cable in the A4-SFX is only 300mm long. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc8s_0WB_EM

pc-ie-extender-customer-presentation-sept-2012-3-728.jpg

Last edited:
Even then, GPU's currently are barely maxing out PCIe 3.0 4x, nobody really believes that 3.0 16x would be a bottleneck for 4.0 cards, right?

Same here NVlink will not replace PCIe. Intel and AMD will never join to an proprietary solution. The next standart will be PCIe 4.0 in 2-3 years. The 3M cable should be ready for this.

See this video, that show that a 1m cable with 2 phase is able to transfare up to 25 GB/s. The 3M PCIe Cable has 4 Data cables with 11 phase for each cable. So we have 4*11/2*25Gbit/s=550Gbit/s.
PCIe 4.0 16x needs 252 Gbit/s. and the cable in the A4-SFX is only 300mm long. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc8s_0WB_EM

pc-ie-extender-customer-presentation-sept-2012-3-728.jpg

I though PCIe 4.0 was going to require a new connector, although backwards compatible to the 3.0 connector?

http://www.kitguru.net/components/g...es-and-new-connector-to-be-finalized-by-2017/
CI Express 4.0 will utilize a new connector, but the specification will be backward compatible mechanically and electrically with PCI Express 3.0, which means that it will be possible to use today’s add-in-cards in PCIe 4.0-based systems, but future AICs will not work with PCIe 3.0.

I'm not 100% sure, but the quote above tells me a PCIe 3.0 card works in a PCIe 4.0 system but a PCIe 4.0 card won't work in a PCIe 3.0 system, so 3M are saying they have the cable tech to hit the new spec, but they will need a new connector for it.
Also does this confirm you will be sticking to the 3M extender?

Even then, GPU's currently are barely maxing out PCIe 3.0 4x, nobody really believes that 3.0 16x would be a bottleneck for 4.0 cards, right?

Well in 3 years and with the advent of HBM memory and finally stepping over to <20nm nodes on the GPU side, who knows, but the bandwidth is only interesting on the HPC side, if you need to transfer a lot of data to and from the GPU to the memory.

In PC Gaming, what do you need the high bandwidth for, communication between GPUs and CPUs doesn't need any real bandwidth. game developers won't use it because they can't expect consumers to have the hardware for it.

a PCIe 3.0 16x lane has a bandwidth of 15.7 GB/s
1) How are you ever going to hit that bandwidth in a normal PC? you can't load 16GB of data from you SSD in 1 second. and even if you have it in RAM and your games used all 32GB of you RAM in 2 seconds it would run out of data to feed to the GPU.
2) according TechPowerUp PCIe 1.1 4x only give you a 12% performance hit @ 4K and a whopping 19% at 1080p, and PCIe 1.1 4x only has 1GB/s of bandwidth.
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/R9_Fury_X_PCI-Express_Scaling/18.html

In PC Gaming, what do you need the high bandwidth for, communication between GPUs and CPUs doesn't need any real bandwidth. game developers won't use it because they can't expect consumers to have the hardware for it.
This may change: the current console generation uses x86 with a unified memory architecture. A lazy port would benefit greatly from a faster bus between GPU vRAM and main memory.

Looks like they obtained similar numbers with a GTX980 here. Keep in mind that the base 100% FPS obtained at 4K is a fraction of that obtained at 1080p - about 1:3.

What do you mean? 1080p was only 19% down for the link I posted.

I know this was brought up earlier, but is there a reason for the hole above the GPU bracket? Why not just have metal there, maybe a slimmer opening or a mesh? The case already lets in a lot of dust, why leave a big opening like that?

Back