DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

He already mentioned what to do earlier...

That was over two months ago. It would be nice to know what the status is now! Especially since in that update dondan said that it's possible the case won't be sold to the EU at all (except Germany). Is this still a possibility?

That and things don't happen overnight. It is almost insulting that people want a "justification" for why this case won't be here tomorrow.

I didn't mean to insult anyone by asking for a status update. It's just that I want the case :)

That said, Skylake ITX boards aren't available yet so I guess there's no big hurry for me.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to insult anyone by asking for a status update. It's just that I want the case :)

That said, Skylake ITX boards aren't available yet so I guess there's no big hurry for me.

He's said the plan was to start the crowdfunding in December and if i haven't missed an update, it's his current plan.
Which will probably mean you won't have a case in your hands for half a year, no need to spam about updates now.

I must have missed the update where he says that crowdfunding starts in december. I was under the impression that we would have the cases in our hands in december. Oh well, we'll see how it goes I guess.

I must have missed the update where he says that crowdfunding starts in december. I was under the impression that we would have the cases in our hands in december. Oh well, we'll see how it goes I guess.

I had the same understanding....

...Hmmm so crowd funding is still required, those things go for a while.

Meaning the case is a year away. :(

This thread is practically my home page. I am THAT excited for this chassis.

I look forward to the crowdfunding and would like to see what options are available.

...Hmmm so crowd funding is still required, those things go for a while.

Meaning the case is a year away. :(

This thread is practically my home page. I am THAT excited for this chassis.

I look forward to the crowdfunding and would like to see what options are available.
Me too. I really hope it doesn't take that long for the crowdfunding to be a thing. That's entirely too much waiting.

It may feel like too much waiting, but things take time, and dondan has a life outside of the A4, Im certain.

Just sit back and let Dondan go at the pace that best suits him, and then rejoyce when it's appropriate.

I must have missed the update where he says that crowdfunding starts in december..

I could be wrong, but that's how I interpreted it.

This is not a company launching new products, therefor i'll take long time. Let him work at his own pace and try to support him as much as we can and it'll hopefully be successful.

TLDR
Less "Is it finished yet?"
More "Daniel, gj dude!"

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/motherboard/#s=30&f=8

EDIT: None of them are in stock atm, but I rest my case.

I've yet to see any Skylake ITX board in stock anywhere in the EU. Furthermore, I am looking for the higher end Skylake ITX boards and they aren't even listed anywhere yet (except for ASRock Fatal1ty ITX board which is listed but not in stock anywhere).

The positive side of all this waiting is that if things are delayed long enough, Skylake-E might be available when I finally get to build my new PC :)

I was wondering if you guys could help me with something. I'm trying to determine if this (the Gigabyte 980 TI) will fit in the A4 (which supports up to 295mm GPUs):
index.php

The trouble is, nobody can seem to decide how long it is.
Gigabyte's website pegs it at 309mm
Newegg lists it at 11.61" (which is 294.9mm)
Amazon has it at a whopping 15.9" (I'm guessing that includes the box)
Guru3D (where that picture was taken) says it's roughly 29cm.

I'm thinking the difference is whether they include the exterior mounting bracket and I/O in the dimensions or not, and the interior length of the GPU is really 294.9mm. In that case it will barely fit, provided that the 295mm of the A4 is just the interior length as well. Given that the whole case is 318mm long, I'm guessing that's the deal. Any second opinions?

Last edited:
The card should fit! Max. length with bracket is 306mm. The reason is simple, while moving the card into the case you angled it a bit so the bracket move behind the back bend and you can mount cards with a total length of 306mm.

The card should fit! Max. length with bracket is 306mm. The reason is simple, while moving the card into the case you angled it a bit so the bracket move behind the back bend and you can mount cards with a total length of 306mm.
That's fantastic! Thanks! I might have found my next GPU.

Update:
Today I rigestered my domain. So my side with all the new pics and informations will be online next week. :)

Greets

Daniel

You just made my day ! I will be able to fit a Sapphire Tri-X without sawing off the shroud !

I know how you feel, I can't wait.

I'd also enjoy your guys' opinions about that Gigabyte 980 TI I mentioned, compared to the other 980 TI's. To me, just the thought of a triple-fan GPU cooler in the Dan A4 sounds really bad-ass. It may also help compensate for the lack of active cooling in the case, possibly allowing for some good overclocking headroom. From what I've heard, it's a bit more noisy and power-hungry than the other non-reference 980 TI coolers, but it keeps things cool and has great overclocking potential. I'd probably pick the Asus Strix (right now I have the 970 Strix), but the 980 TI Strix is massive and won't fit in the A4. Also, the extra noise and power draw of the Gigabyte isn't a deal breaker to me because I usually wear headphones, and my PSU is 600w SFX so that should be enough.

Dammit I need this case :(

So excited.

I've been upgrading various components in my system over the last few weeks, getting ready to move out of my M1 to the A4. Just a few more things and I'll be ready to transfer the whole thing into the new case. Of course, I'll be running this system for as long as it takes to actually get the case, but it feels a little more real now.

I feel like a hermit crab switching out shells, except that I'm going for a smaller shell this time. And the crab that's leaving the shell for me hasn't even been born yet. And everything is murky.

Hey all,
For those looking for the best CPU cooling performance in the A4, it looks like you can purchase Thermalright's TY-100 fan by itself, without the heatsink from nansgaminggear.net. Although not listed on their website, contact them and it looks like they have it for $6 + shipping to the US. If you'll remember from Dondan's tests, the TY-100 combined with the Cooltek LP53 (LGA 115x) or the Dynatron T318 (LGA 2011) provided the absolute best cooling performance of any fan/cooler combination tested.

So excited.

I've been upgrading various components in my system over the last few weeks, getting ready to move out of my M1 to the A4. Just a few more things and I'll be ready to transfer the whole thing into the new case. Of course, I'll be running this system for as long as it takes to actually get the case, but it feels a little more real now.

I feel like a hermit crab switching out shells, except that I'm going for a smaller shell this time. And the crab that's leaving the shell for me hasn't even been born yet. And everything is murky.

I did the same thing going from my TJ08-E to the Ncase, once I get my hands on a C7 for testing I'll be capable of moving into the A4 as soon as it's available, if I keep the cooler.

I've already purchased my CPU cooler combo and the silverstone SFX 600W.

...just waiting on the case now.

Yes...

Waiting....

Are we there yet??

*Edit I promised myself I wouldn't post another "Shut up and take my money" meme.

Last edited:
I've already purchased my CPU cooler combo and the silverstone SFX 600W.

...just waiting on the case now.

Yes...

Waiting....

Are we there yet??

*Edit I promised myself I wouldn't post another "Shut up and take my money" meme.

The site will be up next week.

IIRC, crowdfunding starts around Christmas, but he's doing most of the work before crowdfunding, so it shouldn't be too long of a delay before we get the case in our hands.

The site will be up next week.

IIRC, crowdfunding starts around Christmas, but he's doing most of the work before crowdfunding, so it shouldn't be too long of a delay before we get the case in our hands.

Actually, dondan said that the site should be up this week.

I am still having some hopes that maybe crowdfunding will start soon and we will have the actual cases in our hands around Christmas. I guess only dondan knows the exact schedule because he hasn't told us anything more specific :)

And this relates to A4 how?

I would say very relevant, maybe you would want to stuff two or three of these 5x5 motherboards into an A4, three computers in one! If you didn't have a GPU, you could conceivably place one where the motherboard would normally sit, and then two in the GPU area, side by side.

Think about how many NUCs you could stuff in the A4

The new mobos are bigger than NUC boards AFAIK (I think they're 140mmx140mm) but yeah, that is an interesting thought. I think these boards are DC/DC so you'd need to power all three somehow. Not entirely sure what the practical application would be but I'm sure someone can figure that out...

The new mobos are bigger than NUC boards AFAIK (I think they're 140mmx140mm) but yeah, that is an interesting thought. I think these boards are DC/DC so you'd need to power all three somehow. Not entirely sure what the practical application would be but I'm sure someone can figure that out...

Haha yeah I'm not sure about practical application either... I'm sure one exists though ;)

Dondan, question about the X99 CPU temperature tests. Did you have the fans pushing cool air in from outside, or did you have them pull hot air out from the heat sink?

Because it's very small, and theoretically we all like small computing stuff here?

I'm glad he mentioned it, I hadn't heard of it.

That's why [H]ard|Forum created the "Small Form Factor Systems" sub-forum. The DAN A4-SFX isn't the right place to talk about new motherboards in general...

Jesus H. Christ, what the hell does the URL matter before the site is up? I think dondan will be the first to announce it when it actually matters.

Any more fruitless bumps? Anyone? :rolleyes:

Don't call me that, I haven't gone by that name in a couple of thousand years. :D

Just curious about the domain he'll use, also would like to keep it on my watchlist.

Any more rude and pointless shutdowns?

Found the URL. Site isn't up thought. I however can't tell you (just try some combinations of dan and case :)

Well I tried dancase.com ... It features a "Complete Guide To Writing & Selling Magazine Articles" and a distinct lack of small-form-factor computer cases.

Edit: hey, I think I found it! ... Any particular reason why you're not just posting a link? Will I get in trouble if I do?

Last edited:
Because the side is in the last review steps. If my reviewers give their ok. I will remove the login and post the link.

Greets

Back