DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Well I knew it had an inferior interior layout, and that it was uglier on the outside than the A4... but I didn't know how much bigger it was! Even more reason that the A4 is awesome.

cLIckRa.jpg

The regular nightblade uses it's space pretty well for a mass market case, it's pretty similar to the Ncase M1:
98632_1.jpg

he is working for free all this time, and will pay lian li and payment processors a lot of the money he makes. frankly I think he should charge $300 for the first run. better to start too high and lower it for the second run, rather than start too low and go bankrupt and burn out and sell the rights for a pittance and die penniless on the streeeeeet

he is working for free all this time, and will pay lian li and payment processors a lot of the money he makes. frankly I think he should charge $300 for the first run. better to start too high and lower it for the second run, rather than start too low and go bankrupt and burn out and sell the rights for a pittance and die penniless on the streeeeeet

Well, that escalated quickly :D

Ok Donald "bAMtan" Trump......how about I pay the $200 the case may initially cost and you foot the extra $100 for the difference so no one goes bankrupt

i think it will be around 250$ all included. Shipping etc.

Which are around 225€.

Edit: This price would be for Europe.

USA need to pay Taxes and maybe extra price for the shipping.

Same as the NCASE M1 for us, Europeans :p

Last edited:
Just popping in saying I really admire all the work you've put in this dondan! Really looking forward for the crowdfunding to start, take all the time you need to finish the project so you're pleased with everything yourself :)

This is probably me being OCD, but if you look at the distance of the power button from the left edge of the case vs the distance of the usb port from the right edge of the case... there's a slight distance variation. It would look nicer if the distances were equal (i.e. move the USB port a tad to the right). Ignore my comment though... I love the case. :)

Before:
1mbjm4.jpg

After:
Ru5dChQ.jpg

Last edited:
@jaboki

Nice eye!

Both looks good, but as you say, maybe ''After'' it's more ''visual''

I think the USB port is too close to the edge of the case in the "After" image, jaboki.

Correct way to place these in my opinion would be to put them so that the middle point of both the power button and the USB port is the same distance from the edge (which equals the "Before" image pretty much).

Correct way to place these in my opinion would be to put them so that the middle point of both the power button and the USB port is the same distance from the edge (which equals the "Before" image pretty much).

I know exactly what you mean, but something about the Before image bothers me. Oh well. ;)

This is probably me being OCD, but if you look at the distance of the power button from the left edge of the case vs the distance of the usb port from the right edge of the case... there's a slight distance variation. It would look nicer if the distances were equal (i.e. move the USB port a tad to the right). Ignore my comment though... I love the case. :)

For the alignment of the USB port and the power button I used the middle of each of them. So the distance from the center of the powerbutton to the left side and the distance from the center of the USB to the right side are identical.

But maybe for the second version we can talk about a different alignment :)

For the alignment of the USB port and the power button I used the middle of each of them. So the distance from the center of the powerbutton to the left side and the distance from the center of the USB to the right side are identical.

(prays for no usb and only power button) ;)

I love the case as displayed by the rendered on page one of this thread and would be $250AU for it.

Even the beautiful charcoal, not quite black not quite grey color.

I love that front panel, the single switch and the single USB port both appear to be directly above the front feet.

Beautiful symmetry of the "0" and the "1" :)

I think using the middle is the right way to go about it. That feels a little more pleasing to the eye, but I do suppose it's subjective.

I know exactly what you mean, but something about the Before image bothers me. Oh well. ;)

It's the other way around for me: the "after" version looks unbalanced to me, I definitely prefer equidistant center points. :)

I'm just praying that I can get my hands on it by 2016. Flying Spaghetti Monster, hear my prayers!

Hi Don Dan, I know you mentioned the case will be available by the end of 2015.
Any idea which month are you targeting?
What is pending right now that preventing you from making the case available for order?
Will the case be shipped from Taiwan when it is available for order, just like NCASE M1?
I saw somewhere you also mentioned about your own website. Is it ready?

Hi Don Dan, I know you mentioned the case will be available by the end of 2015.
Any idea which month are you targeting?
What is pending right now that preventing you from making the case available for order?
Will the case be shipped from Taiwan when it is available for order, just like NCASE M1?
I saw somewhere you also mentioned about your own website. Is it ready?

All of those have been answered.

@Silentbob343

He just logged in the forum..

Maybe he is just new in this thread, and it's hard to recolect all the information, because there are 138 pages..

Everyday there will be new people asking for this case, they are potential customers, and we should help them, but wathever..

P.D: We should do a F.A.Q (If we don't have any)

@Jameshca

As far as i know:

1. The month will be around christmas, looks like December.
2. The laws, he need to take care from the EU legislation about computer components.
3. I think Dan will ship the cases from Germany. Don't know about this.
4. The website its under construction atm. In this month or the next one it should be ready, with full information about this case.

You can even subscribe to get a notification when the crowdfunding starts.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
2. The laws, he need to take care from the EU legislation about computer components.

I wonder what is the main challenge with taking care of the EU laws at the moment.

I live in the EU and to my knowledge there shouldn't be any big hurdles when selling computer components. I know many people do it :)

@Mocha_Bean

Yep, Dondan posted a F.A.Q in the first page, but as you say, with 0 updates..

So we don't have any properly ''F.A.Q.''

@lemonated

I'm from EU too, people can sell computer components, yes, but Dan's situation its different, he want to sold cases around the world, like a company.

@lemonated

I'm from EU too, people can sell computer components, yes, but Dan's situation its different, he want to sold cases around the world, like a company.

Yes, I understand that. But there are already lots of companies selling computer components in the EU, so it shouldn't be too much trouble to start a company for selling computer components.

Last edited:
Yes, I understand that. But there are already lots of companies selling computer components in the EU, so it shouldn't bee too much trouble to start a company for selling computer components.

Dude, we have stupid regulations for the simplest things, like strawberries, how many do you think there are in a much more complex product with paints and electrical components.

Dude, we have stupid regulations for the simplest things, like strawberries, how many do you think there are in a much more complex product with paints and electrical components.

Could dondan shed some light to this? Are there some challenges with EU law that need to be overcome before you can start selling the case? Or are we waiting for something else at the moment?

He already mentioned what to do earlier...

Maybe someone of you think about what will be the next steps for this project, here are the answers:

1. making professional product pictures (I have a meeting with my photographer next week)
2. finalize my webpage with a possibility for subscription
3. checking all DIN norms that need to be strictly adhered to selling this case in the EU.
4. Finding a partner for selling the case in the EU, otherwise I am only able to sell the case outside of the EU and Germany. The reasons for this is the hard laws for electronically waste in the EU. For Germany I can register the company by myself, but it would be too expansive for myself for the other countries. If I can get a big web-shop partner that is already registered in these countries like Caseking, the shop is responsible for it. Furthermore the partner can help to reach the 300 piece mark.
5. founding DAN Cases
6. Register DAN Cases by the EAR (Electronic Waste Office for Germany)
7. Starting the crowdfunding campaign for people outside of the EU.

So much to do, but all these steps are necessary to fullfil all laws and make this project successful.Someone of you will say, that NCASE didn't do all these steps, but they are located in the US.

@Silentbob343

He just logged in the forum..

Maybe he is just new in this thread, and it's hard to recolect all the information, because there are 138 pages..

Everyday there will be new people asking for this case, they are potential customers, and we should help them, but wathever..

My help will be not hand feeding them and telling them whether or not the info is in the thread. :D

That and things don't happen overnight. It is almost insulting that people want a "justification" for why this case won't be here tomorrow.

Dondan has a plan and I am going to assume after seeing his list he has thought things through and has a pretty good idea on how long these various items will take to complete.

Back