Daily Mining Profits

almost done plotting my first Chia plot. probably do some more later tonight but would like to use my PC for gaming this evening.

Well this doesn't help. Binance is under investigation by the IRS and the DOJ.

https://markets.businessinsider.com...on-doj-irs-bloomberg-report-2021-5-1030427383

What's also interesting is that Binance has a Tesla crypto token. Was there some sort of partnership between Binance and Tesla? Was Elon Musk aware of the impending bad news with Binance? I'm getting John DeLorean vibes here, lol.

https://electrek.co/2021/04/12/tesla-tsla-crypto-stock-token-binance/
Which Binance are they talking about? Binance US or Binance? Binance does not operate in the USA, nor allow customers from US and territories to use their system -> How can the IRS and DOJ investigate them? As for Binance US it is a different platform and only operates in the USA and not sure how much the two are connected.

Which Binance are they talking about? Binance US or Binance? Binance does not operate in the USA, nor allow customers from US and territories to use their system -> How can the IRS and DOJ investigate them? As for Binance US it is a different platform and only operates in the USA and not sure how much the two are connected.
I would say the US does whatever they want until someone calls them on it. It could also be that Binance wants to trade in the US, under the whole Binance umbrella and this could be a way to smooth any concerns.

Too many exchanges trying to join in on the fun when they have nowhere near th capacity to handle the traffic.

Newton.co is a popular one here in Canada because it allows electronic transfers and, on a good day, can get your money into their ecoystem and ready to spend in a matter of 30 minutes.

That's if it runs well... Which it doesn't. Because they cannot handle the influx of customers.

Reactions: noko
like this
Sounds like Coinbase is actually throttling transfers since they are the hotspot for converting to fiat. I don't see Coinbase able to endlessly convert Crypto to $ without the $ in the first place to do that. In other words if they hold 50 billion appraised BTC, they would not be able to instantly convert to 50 billion $ if they had to. All conjecture, as in their no response, maybe really nothing wrong other than liquidity and actual funds available. Selling stock was an interesting move by them, that gives them $ except their stock price has been more negative than positive. Miners in general are not coin collectors, they have to pay for costs of equipment, power, time and so on and for the most part need to cash out, at least partially. When you have an additional million plus gamers mining and recouping/selling Crypto, you need buyers eventually from fiat to Crypto. In addition, businesses, there are many that accept Crypto, many have little interest in just keeping the Crypto but are converting it to fiat or $ where Coinbase is their Business partner with only a few others in the game, this is probably a way higher priority for them.

There are other ways to convert Crypto to something tangible. Money Metals Exchange, https://www.moneymetals.com/ , will take your Crypto and give you Gold, Silver, Platinum and so on. So far no problems for me, except only on the second trade awaiting arrival of shipment. Also converting the BTC to Tether UDT or USDC coin, which are stable coins should make going to $ much easier in a Crypto Crunch time period. Stable coins value is virtually constant, making tax events much simpler to predict as well.

m2 plot, 2 of em, figure if i blow it up I'll get a new one. just waiting on sync.

I have three systems with hdd plotting over the weekend
Once you plot are you done? Or is it an on going thing? I don't really understand all the hype over super size and durable SSD's if you just plot once.

Once you plot are you done? Or is it an on going thing? I don't really understand all the hype over super size and durable SSD's if you just plot once.
Unless you don't want to continue you will plot new ones after the old ones are completed I would think.

gotta plot several, 1 of their recommended size plots has a 15 year till success ratio.

gotta plot several, 1 of their recommended size plots has a 15 year till success ratio.
Yes I understand that. I mined Burst coin before and I have about 60TB ready to go. I get the concept.
My question is does your plot stay active as you farm or is it done once completed and you have to start over. I'm just trying to figure out why everyone is so focused on enterprise level ssd's and not just good ones.

1621141399626.png

Some issues persisting
Some hash is constantly rejected.
It says Im in EU instead of US
Does Not monitor the stats like temps, load, fan, power, efficiency etc..
Cannot be changed from high to medium, low, or manual.

Other 2 cards show all info and show US, and even the APP is different.
The ones with issues is a RX 6800, the other without issues 3060 and 3080

Last edited:
Bassman99
You choose the location in both the quickminer or full client install. Either way it’s selected on the client side. That’s probably why you have rejections. Too much latency.

Bassman99
You choose the location in both the quickminer or full client install. Either way it’s selected on the client side. That’s probably why you have rejections. Too much latency.
I dont recall choosing anything or having an option?
Is it fixable, or do I need to delete it and re-install that worker?

Last edited:
Looks like there are different Apps.
I have one machine with an app not just the scrolling text and I was able to change to US
Im still not showing any stats but one problem solved at least.

Excavator V1.7.1d is what I have on 2 of the PCs the other I cant find a version number

Last edited:
Yes I have the same issue with my 6700XT, no stats show up.
Maybe Nicehash doesnt play nice with AMD cards.
I had to roll back Adrenaline version to see mem temps in HWINFO. At least I know the memory isnt melting

Maybe Nicehash doesnt play nice with AMD cards.
I had to roll back Adrenaline version to see mem temps in HWINFO. At least I know the memory isnt melting
Quickminer’s excavator is not for AMD cards. You need the full Nicehash miner client for AMD GPUs. https://www.nicehash.com/download-center

Unless they’ve modified it and haven’t updated the documentation. For your machines using quickminer you can set location as noted in bullet 2.

https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashQuickMiner/wiki/Tips-&-tricks

Quickminer only supports AMD CPUs, not AMD GPUs.
1621170370898.png

Last edited:
Yes I understand that. I mined Burst coin before and I have about 60TB ready to go. I get the concept.
My question is does your plot stay active as you farm or is it done once completed and you have to start over. I'm just trying to figure out why everyone is so focused on enterprise level ssd's and not just good ones.
you are constantly plotting and filling up drives as the more plots you have the more chance of winning a block.
it takes 90 plots give or take to fill up a 10TB drive, and your SSD just wrote 180+TB of data to create those plots.

Quickminer’s excavator is not for AMD cards. You need the full Nicehash miner client for AMD GPUs. https://www.nicehash.com/download-center

Unless they’ve modified it and haven’t updated the documentation. For your machines using quickminer you can set location as noted in bullet 2.

View attachment 357100
Thanks
I found the location setting.
AMD cards arent as common, but crazy they dont support them.

Thanks
I found the location setting.
AMD cards arent as common, but crazy they dont support them.

They do support them just not in the quickminer... I don't use that crap anyways because you dont' have as much flexibility in terms of the miner or how you want to clock your cards.
Use the standard nicehash miner on at least any rigs that you have AMD cards on and then those cards can run using something like the "Team Red Miner" miner plugin. You will still not get temps on the website but that is due to something with the mining software not getting that info from the cards. no big deal just monitor your temps in afterburner.

They do support them just not in the quickminer... I don't use that crap anyways because you dont' have as much flexibility in terms of the miner or how you want to clock your cards.
Use the standard nicehash miner on at least any rigs that you have AMD cards on and then those cards can run using something like the "Team Red Miner" miner plugin. You will still not get temps on the website but that is due to something with the mining software not getting that info from the cards. no big deal just monitor your temps in afterburner.
Thanks I didnt see this Team Red Miner option.
Im using HWINFO to monitor temps. The 6800 runs way cooler mem temps that the 3080 so I sill glance once or twice daily.
The Gigabyte out of the box isnt even safe to mine with or game with in a warm/hot hot environment/case.
Ive heard that he extra mem temp dumped into the HS raises the core temp. The slight increase in core temp is no reason to let the Memory die instead.
I will think 2x before buying FE or Gigabyte cards in the future.

Thanks I didnt see this Team Red Miner option.
Im using HWINFO to monitor temps. The 6800 runs way cooler mem temps that the 3080 so I sill glance once or twice daily.
The Gigabyte out of the box isnt even safe to mine with or game with in a warm/hot hot environment/case.
Ive heard that he extra mem temp dumped into the HS raises the core temp. The slight increase in core temp is no reason to let the Memory die instead.
I will think 2x before buying FE or Gigabyte cards in the future.
If you want to mine in the future, get an open air rack. They are cheap and cool. Even my 1080tis overclocked as much as I can still only run 45-50

If you want to mine in the future, get an open air rack. They are cheap and cool. Even my 1080tis overclocked as much as I can still only run 45-50
I am thinking about doing that.
The crazy part is the core temps are in the high 30s and low 40s while the memory is melting

Yeah, without that pad mod, I don't see that changing much no matter location.
I bought 2nd pack of Thermalright pads and they arrived y-day. Its on my to do list for today.
Right now its defrosting the old freezer and cleaning it...fun stuff!

I am thinking about doing that.
The crazy part is the core temps are in the high 30s and low 40s while the memory is melting

You can help this by running higher fan speed regardless of core temp (100% Fan maybe even ) and or also lowering memory speed some (will lower hashrate some but better safe then sorry i say on gigabyte cards). I have a buddy who has a gigabyte 3080 and he doesn't run the memory anywhere near as high as I do on my EVGA 3080. supposedly you can also add some thicker thermal pads for the gigabyte cards if you really want to. I think that might be for teh back side to help sink the head from the back of the board where the ram is to the backplate. not 100% on the specifics of that but there is threads online somewhere

You can help this by running higher fan speed regardless of core temp (100% Fan maybe even ) and or also lowering memory speed some (will lower hashrate some but better safe then sorry i say on gigabyte cards). I have a buddy who has a gigabyte 3080 and he doesn't run the memory anywhere near as high as I do on my EVGA 3080. supposedly you can also add some thicker thermal pads for the gigabyte cards if you really want to. I think that might be for teh back side to help sink the head from the back of the board where the ram is to the backplate. not 100% on the specifics of that but there is threads online somewhere

I'm just curious, if you run GPU-Z, does it tell you how many watts your VRAM is pulling? 3080? 3090? Mining? Gaming?

Being an adult is neat.
I would be sitting in my recliner without these chores I guess.
Keeping busy keeps my brain from going crazy LOL
I have Thermal pads and plan to install them today actually. I might do the backside also, but the replacing the marshmallows on the chip side is first up.
I bought 2 packs of pads in case.
I'm just curious, if you run GPU-Z, does it tell you how many watts your VRAM is pulling? 3080? 3090? Mining? Gaming?
I know HWINFO shows my memory temps power draw etc...somany sensores and stats in there

View attachment 357100
I'm using the Nicehash miner on my AMD cards, not Quickminer. Quickminer wont even start unless an Nvidia card is detected. I still get no stats with my 6700XT in the Nicehash miner client, I do get stats with my Vega 56. I can see those stats for my 6700XT elsewhere though so I'm not too concerned, just an annoying glitch in Nicehash.

Im new to mining.
Its been under a month now..
Maybe its because I have no frame of reference, but I feel stress watching my wallet go lower after a day of mining.
BTC has dropped from $59K to $43k during the 3.5 weeks Ive mined.

Back