D2D 25% off Pre-Orders

Yakk

Supreme [H]ardness
D2D 25% off Pre-Orders

Coupon code "SIZZLE"

Nicely done SALE actually! (If you buy games on release day)

Guess this qualifies as a "Pre-Emptive Strike Sale!" :D

Nice sale, bought Rage, brink, and BF3 with this. Hard to pass up on games you know that will likely be decent (especially BF3).

When does this end?

Does anyone know how long the code will last? With Brink coming out tomorrow, I'd would like to wait and see some user comments before purchasing, that is if the code still works.

edit: Slow typer. Riddle beat me to the question.

I just don't have any cash to buy games until Friday, hoping it lasts until then but I doubt it.

Thanks, picked up Brink with this. Its risky, but I loved ET and Quake Wars, so I have faith I'll enjoy it. And I'm not sure if I understood your question, but, at least for Brink i figure the code will not work past tuesday, as thats when it would no longer be a pre-order

I think Direct2Drive usually does a 25% off code every weekend or other weekend now.

Hot. Good to see D2D and Amazon stepping up to compete with Steam sales!

Thanks, picked up Brink with this. Its risky, but I loved ET and Quake Wars, so I have faith I'll enjoy it. And I'm not sure if I understood your question, but, at least for Brink i figure the code will not work past tuesday, as thats when it would no longer be a pre-order

It had been 20% sales, now they've worked there way up to 25%. 30% next? :p

Also right now the sale is preorders, but the last 25% was actually for everything.

I'm guessing these sales are basically them trading their profit margins to gain market share. Probably to entice those with existing libraries on other services and will prefer to keep everything in one place.

They've been cheaper now then Steam for awhile for new games and preorders with these sales. I believe Steam only does 10% off for certain preorders, and this is sometimes only done in place of certain preorder bonuses. Where as the D2D discounts are on top of preorder bonuses.

For instance Section 8 Prejudice was 10% off as a preorder on Steam. But it was anywhere from 15-25% on D2D depending on the sale and with some preorder DLC. I also preordered DOW 2 Retribution for 20% off, while it had no discount at all on Steam.

Doesn't say, I would hope so. I thought the point was that if you pre ordered the game you get the LE version (With the karkland things, etc).

Doesn't say, I would hope so. I thought the point was that if you pre ordered the game you get the LE version (With the karkland things, etc).

That's from what I've been reading. Let's hope it is the LE. Will this be steam compatible? I might pre-order BF3. 45 is the cheapest I've seen so far and I want to play on release day too. Probably order this tonight. My wallet's been feeling lighter today.

If you do pre order BF3 make sure you do their price match guarntee, as the game is only 53.95 on Gamersgate which is one of the three sites they'll price match. (They give you the difference in store credit realy).

this makes witcher 2 33.71, tempting still not sure if itll work on my computer tho wish they had a demo or something

Definitely good to see no matter who you buy from. Though to my knowledge Steam never had any good sales on new or pre-orders. Their sales were for the semi-older games.

In for Witcher 2. Just have to see that game on my 2500K and 480 gtx soc!

Going to be sweet at 2048X1536. I hope anyway. Watch it be the new Crysis lol

Anyone find out if the Battlefield 3 is the "limited edition" with the "Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand" maps mentioned on amazon? I just submitted a ticket to ask... if so, in for it with 25% off + pricematch request to gamersgate (thanks for that tip Stiler!). Probably will go for Witcher 2 or Brink with the code + credit from pricematch if I go for BF3.

Anyone find out if the Battlefield 3 is the "limited edition" with the "Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand" maps mentioned on amazon? I just submitted a ticket to ask... if so, in for it with 25% off + pricematch request to gamersgate (thanks for that tip Stiler!). Probably will go for Witcher 2 or Brink with the code + credit from pricematch if I go for BF3.

I've seen this discussed elsewhere. From my understanding, any BF3 pre-order is the "limited edition". So it should come with those extra maps.

wasn't looking at grabbing DNF @ 10% plus pre-order 25% discount...

unfortunately, D2D won't let you stack codes on DNF

I've seen this discussed elsewhere. From my understanding, any BF3 pre-order is the "limited edition". So it should come with those extra maps.

Bummer. Would've snagged that if the code worked.

I did get Brink for $37 though. Maybe something else will come along for DNF.

I don't see how price matching would work for BF3:

Our Price Matching is only valid for digital game downloads on Direct2Drive.com

Proof of purchase from Direct2Drive required. Only completed purchases from Direct2Drive.com will be considered for price match.

So once you buy it with the 25% off code it's obviously lower than $53; therefore, I don't see why they'd PM.

I emailed D2D to ask about whether their BF3 is the limited edition or not, and was told this:

The version we're providing is the standard edition. Only the EA store is authorised to sell the Limited Edition online.

So, I'm not gambling...

I emailed D2D to ask about whether their BF3 is the limited edition or not, and was told this:

So, I'm not gambling...
Wha... that's pretty lame if true.

I know they had a listing for the Limited Edition when I put my order in but I never took a screen shot or anything. Guess I'll have to investigate further. :(

It looks like BF3 was removed from Steam; I could have sworn I saw a pre-order for it a day or so ago. I was hoping Steam would at least have the LE. :(

sucks for people who bought brink lol

did you guys even look at the concept art before buying?

I got owned on buying Brink, live and learn I guess, or not! That's what makes life fun you cheap chisler.

Brink was totally worth the money, I got the 25% off through D2D, and im not at all upset of my purchase. It really is a solid title, just needs a little TLC to fix some issues is all.

So, I'm not gambling...

Hmmm. This sucks balls. What's the point of selling a preoder that's priced the same as the limited edition on amazon. I could have bought it from amazon and be guaranteed a limited edition then.

Edit: d2d offered me store credit instead of a full refund. This will be the last time I will buy anything from them.

Last edited:
Back