Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Damnit relic. I finally got to where I was making decent production and now you're going to make it look crappy again. I have no way to increase my PPD by any noticeable amount at this point in time so 20k looks to be way too tough for me.
Give me 1 month and I'll shoot back to the 20k Right now, I'm creeping back in the 11k range (out of this amount, 8k is from my home farm so it's a guaranteed production).
You need the towely picture of him puff'n! hehehehe "Wanna get high"
LOL....
20k PPD hmm Maybe by the end of the year:
I plan to build at least 1 if not 2 45nm quads toward the end of the year sooner if my bonus is decent... if I get one at all.
I'll be at 12k by the end of this coming week, so really only need 2 more boxes to hit that level. Will take time I just plunked down for two Quad boxes, so I'm tapped for a little while!
I get a feeling Hehalem are not going ot be great OC'rs gettting 8 cores of temps stabilized and to get 8 cores to play nice. That is why it is easier to OC a C2D vs a C2Q... I can only imagine a C2O... let alone a C2O2.. 16 core...
The problem with upgradin got them is new mobo's are required and by then I am guessing DDR3 is going to be more accepted pushed...
So upgrading to such a box could be pretty expensive. I'm guessing for a base build utilizing a C2Q case HD, etc.. It will still run 1k or more.
Mobo probably 200ish, Chip will be 500-1000 on its own, DDR3 will be $200 for 4gig by then... Just my thoughts...
Plus the PSU's we used to do the Quad may not be beefy enough for these guys...
Don't forget the die shrink and core optimizations which can minimize the power consumption. Notice that a C2Q managed to have less power consumption than the old Prescott even if they have 3 more cores
It's granted it will be more expensive due to the DDR3 move and the new socket but when this time come, we have not much choice. Don't forget Nehalem will also have HT back so it might yield more production and I can predict it wouldn't be impossible to have a 10k ppd in a single box. Get 2-3 and we are talking 25-30K PPD
At first Nehalem boxen will be very expensive. New architectures always end up costing a lot more on release. Then there are possible problems with the motherboards, just look at the release of the Core2 line for that one. DDR3 still isn't going to be cheap anytime soon. Even with the release of Nehalem pushing the production of DDR3, the demand might outstrip the supply raising prices. There are other factors as well.
From previous trends, I don't see Nehalem becoming cost effective before probably June 2009. Also, while the dual and quad core versions might be out at release, it will probably be a while before the octo core versions are out for mainstream use and there will be a large price premium on them for a long while; the same as with the Core2Quads.
I have a feeling the Core2 line of quads will be king for folding for a long while yet.