D-Link Gaming Router Question??

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
Hey guys,

I'm sort of new to the wireless networking world. I have a few friends that currently have the same router as I and they've helped me out a lot so far. Here is the problem I'm having.

When I turn my PC on (laptop with wireless DWL-G650 card) my PC searches for the wireless signal, it finds it but it's almost like it's not using the entire wireless network or something. It sometimes will say "Limited Connectivety" and won't allow me to access my network or the internet. This issue does not happen all the time but I'd say maybe 6 out of 10 times time. My Signal Strength is Excellent. This issue can happen when I'm right by my router or if I'm down stairs. The distance from the router doesn't seem to have an effect on it.

I have MAC filtering enabled on my router which is set up for my laptop and my desktop. I have the following settings on my router.

Channel: 2.4GHz
Transmission Rate: Auto
802.11 Mode: 802.11g Only
Super G Mode: Super G Mode with Dynamic Turbo.

Anyone have any ideas maybe what my issue might be? It's weird because it really doesn't have a pattern. Also I am unsure what this setting is "DHCP Lease Times which I have at 1440 minutes. Is that something that shuld be set higher?

I'd appreciate any all help on the subject. If you guys need to know more settings please let me know.

Thanks fellas.

have you tried disabling the super g and/or turbo mode? maybe there is something going on there. have you updated the firmware? there might be a bug with some features that are fixed in a newer firmware version. i think the DHCP lease times is when the router will change each computers LAN IP address after a certain time period. this is not your IP address that others will see on the internet but just LAN based.

I agree, turn off the super G stuff, you will NEVER reach those advertised speeds and you won't noticed the difference even if you did unless you did LAN data transfers, your internet is still gonna be bottlenecked on how fast your down/upload speeds are. Super G 108 speeds are also not certified by the wireless institution thus you have a speed that is not standardized, tested or proven reliable and it also screws around with other WAP in the area. In other words, turn it off and go back to .11g speeds.

Also, firmware updates are your friend.

Yup I have all the firmware updates installed already. I'll try turning off the Super G and see if that helps.

I'll be back with what I find.

Later fellas

I had the same issue. Turn off Dynamic Turbo. You can leave G on... just turn off the dynamic turbo part.

Back