Cyberpunk is Available - Lets share how your GPU/CPU is performing

2080 Super @ 3440x1440. High Preset, RT Off, DLSS Quality. My display is 100Hz so i capped the frames at 90 and indoors, its usually sitting on that cap. Outdoors only in certain situations it'll drop to mid to low 50's but mostly around 60FPS.

Perfectly playable for me.
RTX on vs off, huge diff in visuals? I heard the lighting the was pretty top notch without RTX?

RTX on vs off, huge diff in visuals? I heard the lighting the was pretty top notch without RTX?
IMO, it's not huge in MOST areas. However, some other areas, it's noticeable. The areas where you'll spend the most time, like Lizzie's Bar, as an example, they spent a lot of time doing the baked shaders so it doesn't add much. However, in other areas that aren't as important it really varies if it makes a huge difference or not based on how much time they spent on the area.

Not really sure, didn't spend too much time with it on so I don't really know any better. Looks quite good as is and that's all that matters to me.

Texture Quality - High
Field of View - 80
Film Grain - Off
Chromatic Aberration, DoF, Lens Flare - On
Motion Blur - Low

Everything maxed under the Advanced settings, except for Screen Space Reflections Quality at Ultra.

All RT features on, Ray-Traced Lighting set to Ultra.

DLSS - Quality

VSync - 60
Max FPS - 60
Fullscreen
2560 x 1440

System in sig. These settings seem to be getting me a solid 60fps indoors and 45-60 fps outdoors. Haven't looked at my GPU temps yet, I'm in an ITX case so it's possible it's thermal limited. I do have a +150mV undervolt on the card.

Texture Quality - High
Field of View - 80
Film Grain - Off
Chromatic Aberration, DoF, Lens Flare - On
Motion Blur - Low

Everything maxed under the Advanced settings, except for Screen Space Reflections Quality at Ultra.

All RT features on, Ray-Traced Lighting set to Ultra.

DLSS - Quality

VSync - 60
Max FPS - 60
Fullscreen
2560 x 1440

System in sig. These settings seem to be getting me a solid 60fps indoors and 45-60 fps outdoors. Haven't looked at my GPU temps yet, I'm in an ITX case so it's possible it's thermal limited. I do have a +150mV undervolt on the card.
I noticed this game runs cooler on my card compared to AC Valhalla. No idea why. Card is maxed out in usage and power limit, although what is interesting is that core clock is lower. Must have to do with the ray tracing.

I noticed this game runs cooler on my card compared to AC Valhalla. No idea why. Card is maxed out in usage and power limit, although what is interesting is that core clock is lower. Must have to do with the ray tracing.
Interesting! I'll run a temp monitor when I'm playing tonight and see what it does.

Hello guys. I bought Rtx 3090 Gigabyte Gaming Oc and console X Series X and monitor Aorus FI27Q. Waiting for rest parts of pc but will play on xbox this game.
But my question can i max out ray tracing when i will play on pc on Rtx 3090 and 10850K cpu? 1440P

Hello guys. I bought Rtx 3090 Gigabyte Gaming Oc and console X Series X and monitor Aorus FI27Q. Waiting for rest parts of pc but will play on xbox this game.
But my question can i max out ray tracing when i will play on pc on Rtx 3090 and 10850K cpu? 1440P
On 1440p.... yes, but you will still need DLSS at Quality setting. My brother in law has the same CPU/GPU combo and gets a solid 85~90 FPS at those settings at 1440p.

Ryzen 5900x, RTX3080, LG CX48

Ultra settings, Ray Trace Medium, DLSS Quality 45-60fps.

playing the GOG version i bought from them direct, on a 5600x and 5700xt. Annecdotally, it only looks like the game has been using about 4 threads heavily, and sipping on the rest of the 8 remaining threads.

playing at 1440p, even with graphics tweaks, seems to only get about 40-55 fps during more strenuous scenes. I set the dynamic Fidelity CAS since I'm on AMD card, with fps to 60, minimum render to 85, and max res to 100. Seems to be a solid 60 now, without any significant visual resolution downgrade to notice. 80% of 1440p is still above 1080p so it's not a major tweak, but enough to get that extra 10-15fps boost where it counts. I've compared it on and off, and while in larger city areas, with a lot going on, i can switch it off and see the difference of pure 1440p, with it off frames drop to the mid 40s. With it on, it's a smooth experience.

AMD cards just don't have the leg room Nvidia cards do, especially newer ones. If I could only find one to buy. . .

I can't imagine the gameplay experience for videocards prior to this generation faring so well with anything turned on.

Reactions: noko
like this
playing at 1440p, even with graphics tweaks, seems to only get about 40-55 fps during more strenuous scenes. I set the dynamic Fidelity CAS since I'm on AMD card, with fps to 60, minimum render to 85, and max res to 100. Seems to be a solid 60 now, without any significant visual resolution downgrade to notice. 80% of 1440p is still above 1080p so it's not a major tweak,
That interesting/encouraging, if the 60 can stay really solid, I think many people would like to have a dynamic with near locked framed console experience if it was available on PC (i.e. prefer keeping a stable fps at the cost of resolution going down), specially has upscaling get better and that there is lot of room to stay comfortable above the 700-800p it need to be during action heavy scene.

5800X (PBO On, that's it) / 32GB 3600 CL16 / 3070 default clocks (seems to hold 1935-1950MHz)

CPU and GPU temps below 70 always

So anyways in Ultra; RTX OFF; 1440p I get 85+ FPS, real smooth experience, very. This is with DLSS set to Quality or Balanced. With RTX Medium on I get that pretty decent 50-65 fps. Can't decide what I want to play on. RTX looks the same on or off lol TO ME

Game is not for me i mean i prefer shooting like Call of duty . Graphically is ok,but i dont buy that game hehe :) But game looking good from youtube i checked. Anyway i wish you guys great gameplay :)
5800X (PBO On, that's it) / 32GB 3600 CL16 / 3070 default clocks (seems to hold 1935-1950MHz)

CPU and GPU temps below 70 always

So anyways in Ultra; RTX OFF; 1440p I get 85+ FPS, real smooth experience, very. This is with DLSS set to Quality or Balanced. With RTX Medium on I get that pretty decent 50-65 fps. Can't decide what I want to play on. RTX looks the same on or off lol TO ME
Maybe better difference between RTX ON/OFF is on Control not in Cyberpunk?

I noticed a difference with ray tracing on ultra, definitely improves the graphics, but it's more subtle than other games. Not overdone.

I'm really battling with the decision of playing with RTX totally off on my 3090.. I mean I get a solid 70+fps as opposed to very low 50's sometimes... hmmm. Thank god for DLSS though.

Last edited:
Ryzen 3700x + RTX 3080 + CX 55" OLED.

At Nvidia's recommend settings (4K, DLSS Performance, Maxed settings), I get 40-60 FPS. I ended up turning off RT for now and setting DLSS to balanced. Now... the game is absolutely incredible. Not sure how anyone could play this at sub-60 FPS.

Even 3090 owners will have to turn down some settings if they expect to get a decent framerate @ 4K. This game is punishing for all hardware.
Hasn't really been my experience. Runs more than decent maxed at 4k for me. Not counting frames, but it definitely feels like in the ballpark of 60 average, and I would say that's more than sufficient for a slower paced FPS (compared to Fortnite, CoD, etc.) such as this. If there was any perceptible stuttering or hitching on my setup I would at least dial things back from Psycho, but it hasn't happened yet in my few hours of play so my psycho settings remain on. But I have also undervolted my card which might be giving me a boost.
I'm really battling with the decision of palying with RTX totally off on my 3090.. I mean I get a solid 70+fps as opposed to very low 50's sometimes... hmmm. Thank god for DLSS though.
It's a difficult trade-off for sure. I barely notice a difference between many settings turned from low or medium to ultra. Higher FPS average might be more of a benefit to some people. So far I'm fairly satisfied with the motion clarity in the 50-60 FPS range. The G-Sync on these TV's is great, so I haven't been super turned off by the performance yet.

Hopefully Digital Foundry or someone else will figure out the most optimized settings and then maybe we can get the best balance between visuals and performance. Or even better yet...some optimization patches that hopefully don't nerf the graphics too hard.

Last edited:
Ryzen 5900x, RTX3080, LG CX48

Ultra settings, Ray Trace Medium, DLSS Quality 45-60fps.

3700x, RTX 3080, LG CX48

I went with ultra settings including ray tracing, but DLSS performance instead of quality and similarly run in the 45-60 range.

3700x, RTX 3080, LG CX48

I went with ultra settings including ray tracing, but DLSS performance instead of quality and similarly run in the 45-60 range.
You boys have gotten me all hot and bothered. I've had the cx sitting here for a few weeks but still can't find a 3080 to push it. Have you had to run chroma subsampling or is it feeding full bandwidth with the fixes now?

2070 Super at 2560x1080 on 3800x @ 4.4Ghz with DLSS on quality and set all high preset for the regular stuff and RTX at ultra 50-70 fps in city (started as corporate). Super gorgeous and am happy I can play it above movie FPS. I cannot wait until work shift is done T_T !

6800XT@Stock
9700k@5ghz
32gb 3200 Ram
Res:3440X1440
Settings: Ultra/NO RT/Chrome Abb Off/

Hovering between 55-75 FPS. Thank god for VRR which makes the experience perfectly playable.

Not sure anyone here has tried with a 6800XT yet. Did you test ray tracing and what was it like?

For me (on a 2080 Ti), I enabled full RT and set normal settings to medium. That got me to the same range around 60 fps but with much better visuals.

My 1080ti has been feeling indequate, with drooping frame rates. I told it that it is just fine, but here we are.

I saw it just staring out the window last night. “Is there something wrong?” , I asked.
It paused, took a breath, turned to me with a wan smile. “Everything’s fine. Go back to sleep.”

But everything isn’t fine. I smile and say something soothing as I lay my head back down. But I’m not sleeping. As I lay there, I hear the soft sounds of tormented breathing, and I know even more firmly - everything is not fine.

Cyberpunk is an absolute show piece for Turing and Ampere. You don't even have to enable RT to truly enjoy it. The game is amazing.

My 1080ti has been feeling indequate, with drooping frame rates. I told it that it is just fine, but here we are.

I saw it just staring out the window last night. “Is there something wrong?” , I asked.
It paused, took a breath, turned to me with a wan smile. “Everything’s fine. Go back to sleep.”

But everything isn’t fine. I smile and say something soothing as I lay my head back down. But I’m not sleeping. As I lay there, I hear the soft sounds of tormented breathing, and I know even more firmly - everything is not fine.
It's OK 1080Ti I say to it, as I have a tab open to notify me when 3080s are in stock.

It's ok. You'll have a great life in my wife's computer running at 1080p for a long time.

The notification has yet to occur.

(Seriously though, after messing with the settings for a bit, I have the game more than playable at my 1080ti at 1440p. Better than console settings at least.)

I changed cascading shadows or whatever it is called from high to medium and gained FPS and its steady high now... made game much more n'joyable

Man that Braindance shit in game is sick

Can't say it looked bad at "Ultra Performance" at 4K with HDR on; but I'm sure it's a low render resolution to get those frames... probably 1080p or something of the sort upscaling to 4k.
Ultra performance at 4K is actually 1280x720 internal! The technology behind it is pretty incredible.

I’ll have some performance updates for folks with more modest systems of my i5 8400 and a Vega 56 flashed to 64 and overclocked tomorrow.

Last edited:
Installed it last night on my rig (sig) and going to tonight on the wife's (8400, 1080Ti, 16GB most likely at 1080p on a 4K TV).

Should post results this weekend.

That interesting/encouraging, if the 60 can stay really solid, I think many people would like to have a dynamic with near locked framed console experience if it was available on PC (i.e. prefer keeping a stable fps at the cost of resolution going down), specially has upscaling get better and that there is lot of room to stay comfortable above the 700-800p it need to be during action heavy scene.
Honestly the pure 1440p visuals are a little crisper owing to the higher resolution, but a zen 3 and 5700xt are really only going to see fps in the 40s during the shit. With nvidia offering like 3x the performance with all the juice they've pumped into their extras, it's a hard truth to swallow for cyberpunk right now.

Just general playing the game and looking at fps when playing, not exact. This is from memory of playing yesterday so I might update later with more specific numbers when actually at my pc.

Fresh windows 10 install, updated drivers, bios etc
5900x - Stock - custom water loop
32gb 3600 cl16
3090 FE -Stock

1440p
Ultra w/o RTX - around 60-85fps
Ultra w/ RTX high - around 20-50
Ultra w/ RTX med - around 30-60
Ultra w/ RTX high & dlss - around 50-80
Ultra w/ RTX med & dlss - around 60-90

I played with some settings, mostly ultra, lowering volumetric fog and some shadows, disabled the first 4 options with motion blur etc and with quality dlss got to a pretty steady 80fps

Still have to play with the settings more to get it dialed in.

::EDIT::

The setting I play with is mostly ultra/psycho with volumetric fog and shadows set to medium and with DLSS set to quality, I get around 80-120fps

Also adding the sharpen filter certainly helps

Last edited:
A bit off topic - but has anyone played the Xbox One version on Xbox Series X? I know the "next-gen" update isn't due until next year - but is it decent? I will likely play on Xbox in my office versus getting to use my gaming PC (damn pandemic has kids all over doing school) so I want to know if it's a viable option or if it is just trash.

switched to my alienware 3440x1440 120hz monitor. pretty much 65fps + on my 3090 at maximum in game settings (Psycho level). Yup sticking with this over my OLED.

Back