Cyberpunk 2077

At 1440p on the 4090, RT Ultra+DLAA+Frame Gen looks and feels fantastic. I'm actually really impressed with the image quality, to me it looks better than RT overdrive/path gen and DLSS.

At 1440p on the 4090, RT Ultra+DLAA+Frame Gen looks and feels fantastic. I'm actually really impressed with the image quality, to me it looks better than RT overdrive/path gen and DLSS.

Are you sure about this!

RT Ultra + Psycho RT Lighting + Psycho SSR + DLAA
raQmHXu.jpg

Path Tracing + Ray reconstruction + DLSS Quality + Frame Generation:
yEX97kT.jpg

Distinct lack of shadows where there should be dark shadowing on the non-path traced version, DLAA also has a big performance impact whilst not looking any sharper or better for texture quality than DLSS Quality.

Here is the IMGsli slider comparison: https://imgsli.com/MjEwODgx

Not sure why you would sacrifice such a big fps hit using DLAA on image quality that's worse, and lighting that's not accurate tbh. Path trace + RR is the superior method for proper lighting and texture clarity/sharpness.

Those static image don't tell the real story though. In movement, Path Tracing adds major image retention artifacts.

As in ghosting? That exists on both path tracing and ray tracing, it is not a DLSS artefact, turn ray tracing off and only use screen space and the ghosting goes away. It's not a major issue anyway and only applies over certain backgrounds when moving the weapon around or an NPC walks past fast in the distance. These are minor annoyances versus actual texture quality being softer and shadows being inferior with non path traced methods as well as diffused bounce lighting etc.

Yup ghosting. Haven't notice any using RT, but as soon as turning on PT it's very much noticeable.

This is getting complicated I did not knew you could use RR without DLSS

https://www.techspot.com/article/2740-dlss-35-ray-reconstruction/
Ray reconstruction is only trained to be used with DLSS upscaling enabled, so you can't use both simultaneously, just like you can't use ray reconstruction without any form of DLSS Super Resolution
You're correct I forgot taking DLSS off unchecks it. Still think PT with FG is better than DLSS+RR. DLSS and PT just looks to damn smudgy for me.

Are you sure about this!

RT Ultra + Psycho RT Lighting + Psycho SSR + DLAA
View attachment 602718

Path Tracing + Ray reconstruction + DLSS Quality + Frame Generation:
View attachment 602719

Distinct lack of shadows where there should be dark shadowing on the non-path traced version, DLAA also has a big performance impact whilst not looking any sharper or better for texture quality than DLSS Quality.

Here is the IMGsli slider comparison: https://imgsli.com/MjEwODgx

Not sure why you would sacrifice such a big fps hit using DLAA on image quality that's worse, and lighting that's not accurate tbh. Path trace + RR is the superior method for proper lighting and texture clarity/sharpness.

Path tracing with DLSS looks like a blurry mess to me. Static images are fine but in motion is awful. With DLAA+ frame gen I average about 120fps, and the latency isn’t bad. With PT+DLSS i get around 75-80.

Last edited:
You guys saying it looks like a blurry mess,w hat GPU are you on and what is your baseline framerate before DLSS/Frame gen is enabled? I suspect a lot of "blur" is down to the fact that most GPUs are not capable of holding a consistent baseline framerate which is why the frame generated output, whilst is smooth, has that trait.

I'm on ultrawide QD-OLED 144Hz and my baseline framerate is above 60fps, the frame generated fps is over 100, the DLSS Quality only output is around 80fps - So everything is blur-free. Also turn of motion blur in game to further keep things clean but f you are on a lower performing GPU, then motion blur can help mask the frame jitter that is typical of lower framerate situations.

For me if any blur was going to be noticed, then on an OLED it would be immediately obviously.

As an example, here are two vids of min, first one with only DLSS being used, frame gen off, everything else enabled as mentioned earlier. The 2nd video has frame gen enabled too but the RTSS isn't showing there but you can get an idea. Neither have any obvious blurring and both videos have quick motion scenes whilst playing.

View: https://youtu.be/Oqq8N_CbcQA

+

View: https://youtu.be/EGntHtmDBbo

Well after waiting almost three years I've finally decided to play Cyberpunk. First thing I've noticed is raised blacks in HDR. Anyone have the simple answer for us OLED users on how to get those perfect HDR deep blacks in this game? There's a few menu options plus Windows Auto HDR to play around with. Yes I'm being lazy and I know Google is my friend but figured I'd ask here since a bunch of you are running OLED TV's.
I don't have that issue on my LG C2 C3. I'm just using the Rtings suggested settings at the moment.

Last edited:
You guys saying it looks like a blurry mess,w hat GPU are you on and what is your baseline framerate before DLSS/Frame gen is enabled? I suspect a lot of "blur" is down to the fact that most GPUs are not capable of holding a consistent baseline framerate which is why the frame generated output, whilst is smooth, has that trait.

I'm on ultrawide QD-OLED 144Hz and my baseline framerate is above 60fps, the frame generated fps is over 100, the DLSS Quality only output is around 80fps - So everything is blur-free. Also turn of motion blur in game to further keep things clean but f you are on a lower performing GPU, then motion blur can help mask the frame jitter that is typical of lower framerate situations.

For me if any blur was going to be noticed, then on an OLED it would be immediately obviously.

As an example, here are two vids of min, first one with only DLSS being used, frame gen off, everything else enabled as mentioned earlier. The 2nd video has frame gen enabled too but the RTSS isn't showing there but you can get an idea. Neither have any obvious blurring and both videos have quick motion scenes whilst playing.

View: https://youtu.be/Oqq8N_CbcQA

+

View: https://youtu.be/EGntHtmDBbo

In the first video you can clearly see the ghosting when you're shooting and moving left-right at the 0:25-0:30 mark. Lots of vertical "gray" lines showing up all over when you're moving.

In the first video you can clearly see the ghosting when you're shooting and moving left-right at the 0:25-0:30 mark. Lots of vertical "gray" lines showing up all over when you're moving.
Did you go through that frame-by-frame? Because I was looking for it without stopping the video and couldn't see it.

Did you go through that frame-by-frame? Because I was looking for it without stopping the video and couldn't see it.
Not at all! Just watching the video normally you can clearly see it between 0:25-0:40. Look at 0:27 for example, on the left. But if you don't see it then you are blessed!! Better not see it and enjoy it :) This is the kind of things you cannot unsee when you start seeing it though.

Not at all! Just watching the video normally you can clearly see it between 0:25-0:40. Look at 0:27 for example, on the left. But if you don't see it then you are blessed!! Better not see it and enjoy it :) This is the kind of things you cannot unsee when you start seeing it though.
Okay, I saw that.

Yeah that's what I meant by my earlier post, with ray pr path tracing (regardless of DLSS/Frame gen), there is some ghosting but it's only really noticeable under certain lighting conditions in the scene, but what's more jarring as opposed to ghosting is lower fidelity textures and lighting/shadows or less accurate ones such as light leakage that you get when not path tracing.

Ghosting is a big issue in some games though, just not in this one as it's easily ignored for now, you simply cannot ignore light leakage or texture fidelity issues that come with screen space or normal ray tracing.

I am a bit confused at how the perks/attributes work in the new update.

How would I upgrade Cool for example? I got around 39 or so perk points but I seem to have zero attribute points. Did perks get reset, but attribute points stay the same? Aside from the three main Perks at the bottom of the screen all other Perks under Cool are greyed out.

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2023.10.01 - 18.53.02.22.png

I also seem to see a lot less firearm enhancing perks. Were all weapons increased in damage output by default?

Yeah that's what I meant by my earlier post, with ray pr path tracing (regardless of DLSS/Frame gen), there is some ghosting but it's only really noticeable under certain lighting conditions in the scene, but what's more jarring as opposed to ghosting is lower fidelity textures and lighting/shadows or less accurate ones such as light leakage that you get when not path tracing.

Ghosting is a big issue in some games though, just not in this one as it's easily ignored for now, you simply cannot ignore light leakage or texture fidelity issues that come with screen space or normal ray tracing.

Its extremely obvious to me when I try the settings. I agree with you that the lighting is way better, the problem for me is that trading 10% of the image for the other 90% isn't worth it. Soon enough the cards will be powerful enough we won't have to trade off, it will be standard.

I am a bit confused at how the perks/attributes work in the new update.

How would I upgrade Cool for example? I got around 39 or so perk points but I seem to have zero attribute points. Did perks get reset, but attribute points stay the same? Aside from the three main Perks at the bottom of the screen all other Perks under Cool are greyed out.

View attachment 602890

I also seem to see a lot less firearm enhancing perks. Were all weapons increased in damage output by default?
As you play you will gain attribute points etc that you can then expand and enable various perks here. the blue button on the left extends the number of attributes you have access to, and the perk points on the right can then be used to enable whatever type of attribute you are going for.

I got around 39 or so perk points but I seem to have zero attribute points.
If you didn't spend any it sounds like a bug/glitch from loading a pre-patch save ? I think you should have approx equal numbers of each, as if you start a new game you get one each per level.

The blue up arrow (bottom left your screenshot) causes the red horizontal line (the one with the lock) to raise at certain breakpoints, allowing a wider range of skills to be chosen from.

Finished it. Got about 12 hours or so out of it not counting the fuckery I did with completing other gigs and missions that had nothing to do with Phantom Liberty. I think there might be still one or two missions left.

Decent expansion for content. Solid 9/10. However, maybe 8/10 on value.

Game universe is big enough to expand more. My biggest problem with expansion was that it seemed like a repeat of V’s story.

God damn it. The market location in the beginning of Phantom Liberty looks utterly incredible with PT + RR at 4K DLSS quality. It's transformative.
But once again I noticed how much important HDR is: The way PT + RR can look transformative is at the same level like HDR looks compared to SDR in this game on an OLED. With SDR you are also limiting the potential of PT IMO.

PT + HDR goes hand in hand.

At 4K though the input latency is not desirable but it just about gets passable with DLSS Performance. I tried it at 5160x2160 and because the fps is around 75 using DLSS Quality and PT+RR, the input latency is too high. DLSS Performance mitigates the input latency quite a bit but it's still not ideal. The fps increases to nearly 100 with DLSS Performance, but because the baseline fps before frame gen and DLSS are turned on is so low, the input latency represents that low baseline. You may be k with high input latency, but when you're used to instant response from both display and mouse in games at this quality level, any extended rubber banding in mouse movement is really off putting.

3440x1440 DLSS Quality however looks superb as per my screenshots earlier, plus there's no input latency issue and I can't see any difference in texture fidelity between that and 5160x2160 other than one being higher resolution so you can zoom in more when viewing screenshots.

This is all on a 4090 btw.

At 4K though the input latency is not desirable but it just about gets passable with DLSS Performance. I tried it at 5160x2160 and because the fps is around 75 using DLSS Quality and PT+RR, the input latency is too high. DLSS Performance mitigates the input latency quite a bit but it's still not ideal. The fps increases to nearly 100 with DLSS Performance, but because the baseline fps before frame gen and DLSS are turned on is so low, the input latency represents that low baseline.

I have no issues with the latency @ 4K DLSS quality + VRR. As long as I can line up headshots without a strong laggy feeling of moving the crosshair, I have no complaints.

Holy Hell the Militech was aggressive.

Was going after NCPD missions out in the Badlands and at this one hitting the perps with quickhacks. Dropped them all and was running towards the loot when all of a sudden a Militech vehicle drove up, stopped, dudes get out and start peppering me. Then another shows up, and another and another and they just kept coming. Smashing the med button madly while trying to get away. Thought I was in the clear over 100 meters away from the scene when miss faster than a person running for the bathroom Chop, Chop Choppity Chop comes up from behind and rips my character a new one. Dead dead dead I was.

I was completely out of view of Militech when I started attacking the NCPD crime scene so I'm unsure how they were able to see what I was doing to the perps. Also, the civilians at the scene were already dead from the perps so I don't know what the Hell I did to draw such ire. Odd. Very, very odd.

I just watched Edgerunners for the first time.

I think it was probably a better Cyberpunk story than the actual game. And kinda reaffirms my thinking the game wound up weaker for its open world.

holy crapola, they greatly improved image quality w/ dlss ultra performance + path tracing and it's actually playable on my plebian 3080 ti now. it's obviously a very soft image but holy fuck does the game get completely transformed with path tracing turned on. i almost want to start my playthrough over...

General question: Do you guys experience some sort of traversal/loading stutter sometimes? I get this while driving through the world. One quick frametime hiccup every once in a while. Is this normal?

I'm also curious about the HDD setting. Should this be turned off or on auto?

General question: Do you guys experience some sort of traversal/loading stutter sometimes? I get this while driving through the world. One quick frametime hiccup every once in a while. Is this normal?

I'd leave it on auto. That hiccup when you're driving is the autosave, if you look you can see the tiny icon come up at the top of the screen when it does it. Its like a blue disk thing.

I'd leave it on auto. That hiccup when you're driving is the autosave, if you look you can see the tiny icon come up at the top of the screen when it does it. Its like a blue disk thing.

You are right, thanks. There is no way to turn off autosave I guess?

Perhaps, it's not autosave. Because I've never experienced traversal/loading sttutter while being autosaved in this game.

Back