Cyberpunk 2077

reviews for this are strange...I'm seeing complaints about it being too safe and uneven in its presentation but it's almost like the game is being held to a higher standard...or it's being compared to Witcher 3 and getting docked a few points for not being as great as that game...overall it seems like a very good game but a game which can never match the pre-release hype

The fact that they aren’t allowing reviewers to use their own capture is very telling. That’s such an obvious marketing trick red flag. The game should speak for itself, not be spoken for through the lens of perfection by a marketing team.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
The fact that they aren’t allowing reviewers to use their own capture is very telling. That’s such an obvious marketing trick red flag. The game should speak for itself, not be spoken for through the lens of perfection by a marketing team.

it's because they don't want people to see the tons of bugs...sort of understandable from the developer's standpoint...that's why people need to read reviews and not rely on gameplay footage

it's because they don't want people to see the tons of bugs...sort of understandable from the developer's standpoint...that's why people need to read reviews and not rely on gameplay footage
That makes no sense. If there are bugs everywhere that ruin the experience I want to see it. I could write a rave review about Mr Krabs’ Ketamine Addiction game, but if I didn’t show you real gameplay footage you wouldn’t know it’s a shit game.

That makes no sense. If there are bugs everywhere that ruin the experience I want to see it. I could write a rave review about Mr Krabs’ Ketamine Addiction game, but if I didn’t show you real gameplay footage you wouldn’t know it’s a shit game.

that makes no sense...it's not going to get 'rave reviews' if it's a bug-fest...or people might see the potential of a game once the bugs get fixed...which is again why people need to read reviews

I think the review embargo is ridiculous for CP2077. I think it drew unnecessary attention and it creates a bigger issue than it hides. If the game was able to be reviewed normally, reviewers usually talk about bugs towards the end of their videos like they are little impact especially for a company like CDPR who has fixed all of their games in the past, this would be absolutely a non-issue and probably considered a minor talking point. But since they gave these restrictions to reviewers, now it is the first thing they talk about in their videos and it draws more attention to bugs and makes everyone go on scavanger hunts to look for what bugs are around, when in actuality not all bugs will effect everyone. I think it was a foolish move on CDPR's part.

As for performance, I personally think it will be fine, I am fairly confident I can make the game look incredible at 4K on my system.

Last edited:
that makes no sense...it's not going to get 'rave reviews' if it's a bug-fest...or people might see the potential of a game once the bugs gets fixed...which is again why people need to read reviews
You’re not being serious, are you? Tens of millions in marketing is what buys reviews on sites like IGN. The very fact that their headline goal is “90 on metacritic” and that they are going for this goal by throwing more money at the marketing budget is VERY telling.

IMO they should have delayed until the spring, but they didn’t have the balls to do it because they don’t want to miss out on the new holiday console money.

You’re not being serious, are you? Tens of millions in marketing is what buys reviews on sites like IGN. The very fact that their headline goal is “90 on metacritic” and that they are going for this goal by throwing more money at the marketing budget is VERY telling.

every single review has talked about the bugs...major bugs...so if a site is still giving it a high score then they see the potential of the game/gameworld/characters/story once the bugs get ironed out...and the bugs will be fixed over time...

gameplay issues can't be fixed but bugs can be and that's the distinction

I, for one, am glad the game got delayed several times, even after it went gold, so they could really polish it for the best experience, especially on consoles. Otherwise we could have gotten a buggy release with a promise of a future fix, only b-roll approved footage and a gag order on the console releases.

Oh...

Last edited:
They know most people are going to be there on day 1 to buy, with a promise that all will be fixed in two weeks from the reviewers's copy (after a 49 GB patch didn't fix the majority of bugs they experienced) . Something they weren't able to do for the whole year of "polishing a practically finished game". But day 1 giga patch will definitely fix it all. They are snake oil salesmen at this point.

And despite what some may believe, I hope the game will be good with time. But shitty practices are shitty.

Last edited:
I am not surprised this is a bugfest. All of CD Project's games have launched in rough shape and I bet if they had delayed this yet again until next Spring it would probably still be glitchy. May as well get on with it.

Last edited:
every time CDPR delayed the game the same people said they were fine with it because they are fixing bugs and the game will be in much better shape at release...where are those people now?...game delays have very little to do with polish or bug fixes

every time CDPR delayed the game the same people said they were fine with it because they are fixing bugs and the game will be in much better shape at release...where are those people now?...game delays have very little to do with polish or bug fixes

I mean, I imagine the game is in better shape with the additional development time. Any proof otherwise?

That's just nonsense. We have no idea what state the game was in previously.
If CDPR are a competent developer then yes, they did improve the game during the delays specifically laid out for fixing/improving the game instead of sitting around.

I mean, I imagine the game is in better shape with the additional development time. Any proof otherwise?
Exactly. I expect bugs in the game. Same thing happened with Fallout 4, and Skyrim. Fantastic games But you go into those expecting bugs to happen. Doesn't take away how great a game could be.

Now, I cannot say Cyberpunk 2077 is a great game because I havent played it. But knowing the track record of the developer I do have high hopes for the game.

the main reason for the delay was to allow Nvidia/AMD to release their new generation of cards...of course bugs were fixed but not enough where the game is in great shape at release...they could have released it on their original release date of April 2020 and it still would have probably been in the same shape it is now

the main reason for the delay was to allow Nvidia/AMD to release their new generation of cards...of course bugs were fixed but not enough where the game is in great shape at release...they could have released it on their original release date of April 2020 and it still would have probably been in the same shape it is now
From what I understand they delayed the release to make sure the older generation consoles performance were going to run decently. I don't think it has anything to do with video cards.....Not like you can really get one anyway unless you are SUPER lucky.

the main reason for the delay was to allow Nvidia/AMD to release their new generation of cards...of course bugs were fixed but not enough where the game is in great shape at release
I mean yeah, that would make sense of course. But speaking from my own perspective;
every time CDPR delayed the game the same people said they were fine with it because they are fixing bugs and the game will be in much better shape at release...where are those people now?
I'm right here. And I'm saying I didn't mind the delays because the game is probably more polished than it would have been 3-6 months ago. If there's proof otherwise, I'll through a tantrum or something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From what I understand they delayed the release to make sure the older generation consoles performance were going to run decently. I don't think it has anything to do with video cards.....Not like you can really get one anyway unless you are SUPER lucky.

that was the excuse they gave for the latest delay...and suspiciously they didn't even send out any console review code yesterday...

I'm right here. And I'm saying I didn't mind the delays because the game is probably more polished than it would have been 3-6 months ago. If there's proof otherwise, I'll through a tantrum or something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

if this is the polished version after 7 years of development then I hate to think what it looked like before...like I said earlier, bugs can be fixed, it's just going to take some time...as long as the gameplay and graphics are good then it's fine...but they really should have been more transparent from the start...they didn't handle these delays well...one of the developers even posted that the game would 100% not be delayed any more and then the next day they announced another delay

if this is the polished version after 7 years of development then I hate to think what it looked like before...like I said earlier, bugs can be fixed, it's just going to take some time...as long as the gameplay and graphics are good then it's fine...but they really should have been more transparent from the start...they didn't handle these delays well...one of the developers even posted that the game would 100% not be delayed any more and then the next day they announced another delay
I imagine the massive amount of money involved in this has to compound the communication issues. It's irksome, no doubt. No Mans Sky was a pretty good example of this.

I think I am going to go ahead and just enjoy the game while some of you bitch about bugs.
Amen. People personally offended because they don't understand embargos - like they're some new concept - and maybe the developer doesn't want the prerelease version becoming a permanent record of the product, based on code subject to change before release.

And every outrage youtuber calling it a cOnsPirAcY because of course they are - it's just the era we live in now. "What is Cyberpunk trying to HIDE?!???!?" FOH. They're butthurt because they're desperate to be first, while CDPR's priority is to fix bugs until launch and get the game out.

Nobody is saying there shouldn't be a full accounting of the bugs after it releases - jerk off, go nuts.

Last edited:

I never heard of this guy before but that video was pretty good...I love the quote he brought up- "A delayed game is eventually good...a bad game is bad forever"

of course the same people on [H] who always ignore any negative comments on any game they plan on buying are at it once again but those people don't seem to get that it doesn't mean that the game is bad or will eventually get good after it's fixed...it's about CDPR and how they handled this release and managed the huge expectations

also the people that will jump in on Day 1 are almost always the ones that hate hearing anything bad about the game and absolutely hate waiting and need to play it immediately so they need to ignore any outside criticism...so they will continue to post snarky remarks and try and disparage any negative reviews (even if the overall review is positive)...if the game is amazing in 30 days it means nothing to those people because they need it to be amazing on Day 1

Last edited:
That trailer doent make it look like a budget title. Character models look like plastic I suppose you just cover them up with tattoos.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
Back