Cyberpunk 2077 "Soft Relaunch" Q1 2022

I just installed the PS5 upgrade with my PS4 disc version and this is how it went for me.
I didn’t have the game installed to begin with so when I inserted the game disc, it asked for the data disc to start installation of PS4 version.
I checked the icons (3 dots) to see if there’s an option to go straight to PS5 upgrade but didn’t see anything.
Then I noticed a promo on top right where it says PS5 upgrade free so clicked it and it asked me to confirm the free purchase and reminded me that I need the game disc to play.
After that, it started to download the PS5 version.
But since I already inserted the data disc, it started the PS4 partial install which I just deleted manually. I reinserted the game disc while PS5 version is downloading and just went from there.

I just installed the PS5 upgrade with my PS4 disc version and this is how it went for me.
I didn’t have the game installed to begin with so when I inserted the game disc, it asked for the data disc to start installation of PS4 version.
I checked the icons (3 dots) to see if there’s an option to go straight to PS5 upgrade but didn’t see anything.
Then I noticed a promo on top right where it says PS5 upgrade free so clicked it and it asked me to confirm the free purchase and reminded me that I need the game disc to play.
After that, it started to download the PS5 version.
But since I already inserted the data disc, it started the PS4 partial install which I just deleted manually. I reinserted the game disc while PS5 version is downloading and just went from there.
I did it earlier and forgot to update. I didn't have game installed, opened my case and put in the gameplay disc, wen to library and there was an option to download the PS5 version directly. So it looks like sony might have finally figured this crap out.

Problem is, do i start playing this and then pause it for horizon on friday, or just wait till after. Decisions!

Patch 1.5 is like redownloading the whole game for me.
Same. Not sure why, but yeah. > 40 Gigs. (GoG distro)

I like the improvements, and really do like the game a lot overall, so I love to see continued development.

DLSS is mo bettah. Not only do we not need to replace the dll manually, but the sharpening slider is welcomed.
Some skill trees look improved, but I need to look it over more when I have time. Still some things which seem like very questionable uses of points, at least if one was min/maxing.

I need to start over once I'm tired of Dying Light 2.

I did it earlier and forgot to update. I didn't have game installed, opened my case and put in the gameplay disc, wen to library and there was an option to download the PS5 version directly. So it looks like sony might have finally figured this crap out.

Problem is, do i start playing this and then pause it for horizon on friday, or just wait till after. Decisions!

I have the same problem, so I consider this my "slow burn" game so that I can play both. As I did with Red Dead 2 and Witcher 3, I try to commit to a good 1-2 hour session of this a week (maybe more if time allows). That way I don't forget too much of the story progress while also allowing time for other games. So the playthrough could take about a year or so.

Damn, you have one of those social lives i keep hearing about.

Actually, I'm the opposite and have always been a homebody. I just get too antsy around the house and feel like I should be doing other stuff up to a point in the day.

For example, wife and kids are gone for 3 days next week. I took the days off for some quiet time, but instead I'm pulling out all of the toys in one of the kids' rooms, re-painting and putting down a new floor. Maybe I have issues.

Actually, I'm the opposite and have always been a homebody. I just get too antsy around the house and feel like I should be doing other stuff up to a point in the day.

For example, wife and kids are gone for 3 days next week. I took the days off for some quiet time, but instead I'm pulling out all of the toys in one of the kids' rooms, re-painting and putting down a new floor. Maybe I have issues.
My living room floor is half done, i'm tired and sore, so i'm leaving it as is till next week when i've played horizon all weekend. Of course i live alone so I don't have to listen to anyone gripe about 1/2 carpet 1/2 wood.

May continue playing it this weekend. Been a while since i was on it but got pretty far in. Would love to see a revamped version though.

Things i'd like to see added in CP or even another same-type game:
Be able to interact more with machines/computers and the like rather than do it remotely most of the time. (Love the game within a game thing)
More fluid romance options for before and after the relationship. And more romanceable npc's.
Have the whole world be able to interact with (No unpickable locked doors or areas) and the npc's act more like real people.
Make the world more true-to-life.

CP does okay for what it is but it could have been much better imho.

May continue playing it this weekend. Been a while since i was on it but got pretty far in. Would love to see a revamped version though.

Be able to interact more with machines/computers and the like rather than do it remotely most of the time. (Love the game within a game thing)
More fluid romance options for before and after the relationship. And more romanceable npc's.
Have the whole world be able to interact with (No unpickable locked doors or areas) and the npc's act more like real people.

When people say stuff like this I don't think they realize the balancing act that goes into creating a game... I guarantee that if they would have added everything you just said either the game would have been delayed another couple years or the more likely scenario would have been that other areas of the game would have suffered. Idk what peoples' definition of the "perfect" game would be... but going by your standards EVERY game could be better. You have to start accepting things the way that they are.

And do what exactly? You realize that the developers do not have unlimited resources. Making every terminal interactive wouldn't be at the top of their list. From a gameplay perspective, things like that generally need some purpose or its not worth doing.
More fluid romance options for before and after the relationship.
I'm not sure what this means. The only part of this I understand has been addressed to some extent in patch v1.5 as there are continuing conversations, messages, etc. with romance options. You can interact with them at their places and things like that. Apparently, Panam sends nudes.
And more romanceable npc's.
This is a lot harder to do than people think it is. In addition to hiring more voice actors you have to write the dialog trees and they would need both male and female V to voice their side of the dialog as well.

Ridiculous. While CDPR certainly needed to up its game with interactivity more than they have, you can't have every door in the world open or interact with every console, beverage glass and chair. The world is already fairly large and complex. Adding the ability to open every door or pick every lock would mean greatly increasing the complexity of the world design. That's a much taller order than you think.

Game developers have hard technological limits with current engines and hardware. The game is already super demanding.
When people say stuff like this I don't think they realize the balancing act that goes into creating a game... I guarantee that if they would have added everything you just said either the game would have been delayed another couple years or the more likely scenario would have been that other areas of the game would have suffered. Idk what peoples' definition of the "perfect" game would be... but going by your standards EVERY game could be better. You have to start accepting things the way that they are.
Exactly.

And do what exactly? You realize that the developers do not have unlimited resources. Making every terminal interactive wouldn't be at the top of their list. From a gameplay perspective, things like that generally need some purpose or its not worth doing.

I'm not sure what this means. The only part of this I understand has been addressed to some extent in patch v1.5 as there are continuing conversations, messages, etc. with romance options. You can interact with them at their places and things like that. Apparently, Panam sends nudes.

This is a lot harder to do than people think it is. In addition to hiring more voice actors you have to write the dialog trees and they would need both male and female V to voice their side of the dialog as well.

Ridiculous. While CDPR certainly needed to up its game with interactivity more than they have, you can't have every door in the world open or interact with every console, beverage glass and chair. The world is already fairly large and complex. Adding the ability to open every door or pick every lock would mean greatly increasing the complexity of the world design. That's a much taller order than you think.

Game developers have hard technological limits with current engines and hardware. The game is already super demanding.

Exactly.

Agreed. In GTA games you can't do any of that either, and they're hailed as the most impressive open world games ever.

Only thing I'd like to see is a fully usable tall building. Not every door, but having 12-13 floors of detailed usable areas in a single building would be a first in video games. Always thought it would be cool for a Rush/Domination style match in an online FPS to, fighting over floors vertically.

Agreed. In GTA games you can't do any of that either, and they're hailed as the most impressive open world games ever.

Only thing I'd like to see is a fully usable tall building. Not every door, but having 12-13 floors of detailed usable areas in a single building would be a first in video games. Always thought it would be cool for a Rush/Domination style match in an online FPS to, fighting over floors vertically.
Cyberpunk 2077 could definitely use more verticality to the city. No argument there. It has some, but its as though they were building it that way and gave up on the idea early on.

Cyberpunk 2077 could definitely use more verticality to the city. No argument there. It has some, but its as though they were building it that way and gave up on the idea early on.

Yeah more opportunities to toss headless corpses off of sky scrapers would've helped. So many large sky scrapers but so few enter-able was a bit of a shortcoming. If you have such a tall city you'd think some of the accessible areas would be a bit more vertical.

photomode_19012021_195612.png
photomode_19012021_195633.png

Game ready for a second play through?
It's certainly in a much better state but most of the changes aren't massive. However, they do add up to a much nicer experience. However, I would suggest that if its additional content you are looking for even this update is generally lacking.

Yeah I'd personally just wait until all the story DLC is out. Might be another year, but that would be the way to go. Replay it with all the content.
CDPR wants to sell this game for years. Hopefully we'll see several expansions which is the plan. I see no reason to wait until all of the DLC is out to play it again personally.

CDPR wants to sell this game for years. Hopefully we'll see several expansions which is the plan. I see no reason to wait until all of the DLC is out to play it again personally.
Tyler McVicker's YouTube channel also showed what the game is like with over 100 mods on PC and it's quite a large change. Idk however now with the 1.5 update if that breaks any or all of the mods from working now.

Tyler McVicker's YouTube channel also showed what the game is like with over 100 mods on PC and it's quite a large change. Idk however now with the 1.5 update if that breaks any or all of the mods from working now.
It does break a few of them. Some mods aren't needed due to updates to some other mods and the 1.5 update itself. For example, I don't feel like I need the weapon balance overhaul mod after 1.5. The balance is vastly different than it is in the original game. I also don't need any vehicle handling mods. The appearance menu manager mod replaced the need for a lot of the car swap mods because you can change a given cars appearance and the change can be made persistent.

Also a lot of HUD and menu mods are likely broken or similarly unnecessary after the update.

You have to start accepting things the way that they are.
Yea, like folks being annoyed with devs over-promising and under-delivering? It's really simple, a good dev in many people's eyes does the opposite: under-promise and over-deliver. If it's just a marketing issue, get rid of whomever makes those decisions. Some companies seem to do this just fine and still survive...

Its clear that various levels of management were not managing things well. And that communication about various things, may often have been misrepresented. We can reasonably infer this from the incredible length of development and also the publically known PR Vs. the details about investors calls, etc.

If management had been better-----the game which we got, would have at least arrived pretty polished. However, its also likely that good management could have resuulted in more features and content.

Its clear that various levels of management were not managing things well. And that communication about various things, may often have been misrepresented. We can reasonably infer this from the incredible length of development and also the publically known PR Vs. the details about investors calls, etc.

If management had been better-----the game which we got, would have at least arrived pretty polished. However, its also likely that good management could have resuulted in more features and content.
Maybe. Evidently, CDPR used about half the staff that was used to develop GTA V and it shows.

Bought CP2077 finally on STEAM's Spring Sale and with over 5 hours into the game here is my experience so far:

• Looks amazing at high settings at 1080p on my RTX 2060. Will do another play-through when I upgrade to a better card that will hopefully allow me to enable all the eye candy (namely RTX) at 1080p.
  • Very ambitious game with lots to do and see, feels like I have a long way to go before I finish.
  • No bugs or glitches discovered thankfully. Seems very stable.
  • Need to figure out combat more. Seems difficult to do with the hacking.
  • Wondering if playing with a XBOX controller will make game-play easier than mouse & keyboard?

It’s weird, I played this at launch. I heard a lot about how it was a buggy mess, not finished, etc. I never experienced a single bug or crash. I really enjoyed my experience with it.

No. It's an FPS game. A gamepad isn't going to make playing easier.

I will add that the driving kind of sucked (when I played it) so I also used a mouse/keyboard. Otherwise I often switch to a game pad for driving.

I will add that the driving kind of sucked (when I played it) so I also used a mouse/keyboard. Otherwise I often switch to a game pad for driving.
They've done a lot to improve the driving aspect of the game. I used to have to use all kinds of mods to make it even remotely tolerable. Now its fine by default.

They've done a lot to improve the driving aspect of the game. I used to have to use all kinds of mods to make it even remotely tolerable. Now its fine by default.

I don't know. I recently (last month or so) finished up a playthrough from beginning to end, and I found the driving almost unbearable. The only way I could deal with it was using a motorcycle, but that is still very unnatural and detached feeling. It's not just the handling, either. The sounds effects are atrocious.

The only way I could deal with it was using a motorcycle, but that is still very unnatural and detached feeling. It's not just the handling, either. The sounds effects are atrocious.
Motorcycle or fast travel are the only ways to get around without quitting due to frustration. Once I switched to two wheels, the game became way more enjoyable.

Motorcycle or fast travel are the only ways to get around without quitting due to frustration. Once I switched to two wheels, the game became way more enjoyable.
This. I'm surprised that more people didn't give the motorcycles a go in their playthroughs. Blasting across the city at 100+ mph while weaving through traffic (with the high-density traffic mod enabled) on a bike was a ton of fun and why I had over 130 hrs in my playthrough.

Reactions: MrC4
like this
I've gotten pretty good at driving cars in the game and I much prefer them to the bikes aesthetically.

Hmmm, ran into a few glitches but nothing game breaking thankfully. Some that kinda took me out of the immersion tho, a bartender leaning on an invisible bar for example 🤡

Back