Cyberpunk 2077

My biggest problem at the moment is getting side tracked. Every step I take to get to a mission, I am getting fixers begging for help or some gang needs executed.

Same here,there is sooo much to do and get caught up in. Having allot of fun tbh.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Even with Legendary armor, I'm still getting wiped in under three seconds. What's the level required to take on those enemies? No one knows.

Mission level difficulty is shown on the city map, as you zoom in a bit it shows how they range from Easy to Very Dangerous.

I noticed they change in rating as I leveled up.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I rerolled a new character a while back, and the first perks I focused on were all the survivability related ones (there's one for 30% more armor while moving, one 30% more health, and a couple others I can't remember) and of course the points in Body required to take them, and it made a HUGE difference to the amount of times I die and reload (playing on hard difficulty.) Made the game way more fun for me. The one in athletics that allows you to reload while sprinting is a life saver too.

Anyone know a good way to make some real money that's not about glitching? Love to buy some upgrades with some earned money, not pressing the WIN button.

I saw this: "CD Projekt’s Cyberpunk Sales After Refund Are 50% of Estimates: BBG"

I would expect that to rebound a bit once more fixes and all come through. That's all platforms across the boards.

I saw this: "CD Projekt’s Cyberpunk Sales After Refund Are 50% of Estimates: BBG"

I would expect that to rebound a bit once more fixes and all come through. That's all platforms across the boards.
There are a lot of people that will just play it, beat it and then bandwagon jump and refund it. So not sure how many will return.

frankly those people are worse than pirates.

You know the game will age like a fine wine. I kinda like seeing all the incremental improvements they are making and over the coming months watching the game mature into the developers vision of the game. I feel that Cyberpunk has plenty enough replayability for me to suffer through some bugs n jank to eventually enjoy the game in its final form.

Anyone know a good way to make some real money that's not about glitching? Love to buy some upgrades with some earned money, not pressing the WIN button.
Craft some green sniper rifles. It uses the lower level parts you find everywhere and get from deconstructing things. Sell for 600 a pop.
I've got thousands of components so I will sit at a vendor craft ten or twenty rifles and emptying their eddies.

You know the game will age like a fine wine. I kinda like seeing all the incremental improvements they are making and over the coming months watching the game mature into the developers vision of the game. I feel that Cyberpunk has plenty enough replayability for me to suffer through some bugs n jank to eventually enjoy the game in its final form.

I think so, too. The PC version is already pretty solid. It's not much worse from Skyrim's initial release. Over time they'll add additional missions, functionality, and performance improvements. Hopefully some UI improvements, too. It'll be interesting to see when the game is in it's "final form" (more or less). The console versions need major help, though. That's one thing holding CDPR back from making the PC version better, sooner. It's mostly okay right now so it's probably the absolute last priority outside of multi-platform updates and fixes. I look forward to the day when this game will run on a potato and requires a shitload of graphical add-ons to look up to par.

Been playing for a week now, about 20 hours in. Not sure how far along I am in the main quest, but I keep getting side tracked by some great side missions.

All in all, it's a superb game. Mix Deus Ex, Far Cry, Watchdogs, Witcher 3, Evil Within, and GTA in a blender, put a shiny next-gen sheen, and you've got this game. Everything is top notch except the bugs (of which I've generally not seen any showstoppers, just some clipping and character pop in issues).

Running great on my machine at 4k at ultra settings with medium RT, performance DLSS. Getting 45-60 FPS, and you definitely don't need high FPS to enjoy this game.

Been playing for a week now, about 20 hours in. Not sure how far along I am in the main quest, but I keep getting side tracked by some great side missions.

All in all, it's a superb game. Mix Deus Ex, Far Cry, Watchdogs, Witcher 3, Evil Within, and GTA in a blender, put a shiny next-gen sheen, and you've got this game. Everything is top notch except the bugs (of which I've generally not seen any showstoppers, just some clipping and character pop in issues).

Running great on my machine at 4k at ultra settings with medium RT, performance DLSS. Getting 45-60 FPS, and you definitely don't need high FPS to enjoy this game.
I see it as a Far Cry style game with Deus Ex elements and above average writing and quest design. I have 110 hours played and am on my 2nd playthrough.

IMO it's pretty disappointing. The only things it does well are the graphics, music, voice acting, and some of the story. The actual gameplay feels like it wasn't fleshed out near enough; the action isn't as good as most other shooters, the loot system is ok at best, the upgrades are ok at best, the driving is bad, the AI is bad, the cops/wanted system are bad, the city looks cool but is lacking in interactivity, and on and on.

I haven't run into many bugs except for a bunch of CTDs.

Last edited:
It's not a shooter, it's an RPG afaik, you can really tell in the beginning when you have no skill... Line up a stealth headshot from 3 meters and still miss.

(Or someone will correct me and it was just that terrible of a gun)

I see it as a Far Cry style game with Deus Ex elements and above average writing and quest design. I have 110 hours played and am on my 2nd playthrough.

I got the vibe of gta and borderlands having a child.

While the game is buggy as hell I'm enjoying the main quest. Some of the side quests are meh.

I keep reading that it isn't a shooter. Feels like one to me. Well, at least as much as Deus Ex is. About 2/3 of the missions I've encountered involve either shooting up a bunch of thugs, using hacking abilities (basically "magic spells") or stealth. If you do any of those things and people see you - they shoot at you. That's a shooter as far as I'm concerned. The shooting mechanics are a bit stiff, but they're functional. I'm hitting my targets when I want to and I'm mostly able to do what I need to do. Damage is a little inconsistent, but I think that's intentional. My main gripe relates to sprinting. It's almost like Mass Effect in that it simply doesn't always want to work. Even with a full meter, it's almost like the game disables that ability in random places and situations. It makes movement feel weird.

I found the opposite, sprinting and dodging are a little too responsive, but also op as all heck. using dodge to move up and close distance is pretty fun too.

Screenshot_2020-12-23 Hotfix 1 06.png

I've now encountered a second side mission that I can't complete: "with friends like these" or whatever the one with Panam and the train is. When we get back to the camp the discussion between her and Saul ends and nothing happens. Took a half hour to get to that point :(

Some interesting testing on Armor mods:

TL;DR
  • Deadeye, Predator, Increased movement Speed, Increased Damage to Moderate & High Danger Enemies and Resist mods are all currently bugged and do not work
  • Immunties work, even though Resist does not
  • Critical Hit Chance & Critical Hit Damage do not stack
  • Armadillo (armor) and Fall Damage mods both Stack. You can achieve 100% fall damage resist

More useful info, this time on the ins and outs of Crit:

--

Not sure I could bring myself to do this, but if you're going to go that route anyway, might as well get a free car out of it.

SPOILERS FOR PANAM's QUESTLINE!!

Last edited:
Guys. This is the most incredible thing I've ever seen. I complained in the past that I didn't think Cyberpunk was utilizing my hardware. My GPU (2080 Ti) was only 40 degrees or so. My CPU was oddly cool as well. My fans were barely spinning. I had to run DLSS ultra performance to keep a frame rate over 60. With DLSS off I was dipping into the teens. Complete slideshow.

Today I noticed that my fans were actually working hard and my temps were high (as they should be when gaming) so I'm like wtf... Is it actually utilizing my hardware now? I immediately went into settings and switched from DLSS ultra performance to DLSS quality. And to my delight, it was still buttery smooth. Like holy shit... I was getting 35-40 fps in DLSS quality before. Now I'm getting 80-90+. I even turned DLSS completely off for kicks. What used to be 15-20 fps is now around 50-60+. This is the most MASSIVE performance gain I've ever experienced.

The game looks absolutely beautiful now. I spent over 24 hours playing at DLSS ultra performance (ugly ugly ugly) so you can imagine the contrast I'm experiencing when I switch to DLSS quality or even DLSS off. I'm so giddy right now.

Thing is, I don't know what fixed it. Either the 1.06 patch did something huge that isn't mentioned in the patch notes or an Nvidia driver update fixed it. I was running the original Cyberpunk driver (460.79) that launched with the game, but yesterday I updated to the latest (460.89). Guessing the driver update did it, and now I'm kicking myself for not updating it sooner.

Anyone else experience performance gains like this?

Curious as to others experience with GPU utilization

My system is in my sig but in short summary X99 based I7 6950x CPU at 4.0Ghz and EVGA 1080TI FTW. 32GB of PC3200 quad channel RAM.
Resolution is 3440x1440

I pinned the Windows Game Bar performance meter up on screen while playing CyberPunk. My CPU howevers around 40% and my Graphics card around 90% during gameplay

Is about 90% GPU use what the rest of you are seeing? Any particular reason it wouldn’t be closer to 100%?

With a 10600k and 2080 super I generally get 50-60 CPU and 95-98 GPU.

1440p, Mix of ultra to medium settings.

At this point I probably need to reset all all my settings and restart tweaking though. Between tweaking things based on what I see, versus trying what others suggest my settings are all over the place.

I noticed on the map, there was a structure out past the Arasaka residence. When I tried running out there I got a popup that said "There is nothing for you to do out there... yet." Think it was the Launch Pad, so... Moon DLC confirmed? :ROFLMAO:

Welp. Looks like there is finally a game I want to play that my meager 580 can't max out lol.

Game runs like crap for how it looks though, in my opinion. I'm not saying it looks bad, but I've got a bunch of other games that look better and get better FPS. *shrugs*

Guys. This is the most incredible thing I've ever seen. I complained in the past that I didn't think Cyberpunk was utilizing my hardware. My GPU (2080 Ti) was only 40 degrees or so. My CPU was oddly cool as well. My fans were barely spinning. I had to run DLSS ultra performance to keep a frame rate over 60. With DLSS off I was dipping into the teens. Complete slideshow.

Today I noticed that my fans were actually working hard and my temps were high (as they should be when gaming) so I'm like wtf... Is it actually utilizing my hardware now? I immediately went into settings and switched from DLSS ultra performance to DLSS quality. And to my delight, it was still buttery smooth. Like holy shit... I was getting 35-40 fps in DLSS quality before. Now I'm getting 80-90+. I even turned DLSS completely off for kicks. What used to be 15-20 fps is now around 50-60+. This is the most MASSIVE performance gain I've ever experienced.

The game looks absolutely beautiful now. I spent over 24 hours playing at DLSS ultra performance (ugly ugly ugly) so you can imagine the contrast I'm experiencing when I switch to DLSS quality or even DLSS off. I'm so giddy right now.

Thing is, I don't know what fixed it. Either the 1.06 patch did something huge that isn't mentioned in the patch notes or an Nvidia driver update fixed it. I was running the original Cyberpunk driver (460.79) that launched with the game, but yesterday I updated to the latest (460.89). Guessing the driver update did it, and now I'm kicking myself for not updating it sooner.

Anyone else experience performance gains like this?

My system (both the CPU and GPU) has been running hard since the game launched. Those settings sound almost too good to be true. What resolution are you running at?

EDIT: No change to my performance, either. I tried turning DLSS to quality and my FPS plummeted. It's "playable" (at 30fps'ish) but it's not ideal. I'm on a 3090 and am just using the Digital Foundry 4K recommendations with a couple items slightly higher since they don't really matter.

Last edited:
Completed at 68 hours in, even with all the gigs/side quests etc the game felt surprisingly short. Overall it was a fantastic ride from start to finish, the rare minor bug or glitch didn't detract from the overall positive experience. I played with a combination of firepower, hacking and stealth and it was quite fun, switching strategy from quest to quest, moment to moment meant the game never felt repetitive or boring.

This was quite an ambitious title, one that any dev would struggle to get right. The density of the city is unparalleled to any we've seen in an open world game before, especially one with such high production quality. It could have spent another 6 months in development to smooth out some of the clunkiness, but under it all there is a very solid title that imo was def worth the time spent.

My system (both the CPU and GPU) has been running hard since the game launched. Those settings sound almost too good to be true. What resolution are you running at?

I'm running 3440x1440 ultrawide. 2080 Ti, i9 9900k
Everything set to ultra, RTX off (screen space reflections quality is set to ultra rather than psycho)

Screenshots with frame rates attached. I uploaded to my personal server to avoid compression in case anyone wants to compare DLSS options:

https://silentbyte.net/images/cyberpunk_dlss_off.png
https://silentbyte.net/images/cyberpunk_dlss_quality.png
https://silentbyte.net/images/cyberpunk_dlss_ultra_performance.png // capping at my monitor's refresh rate due to gsync

I'm running 3440x1440 ultrawide. 2080 Ti, i9 9900k
Everything set to ultra, RTX off (screen space reflections quality is set to ultra rather than psycho)

Screenshots with frame rates attached. I uploaded to my personal server to avoid compression in case anyone wants to compare DLSS options:

https://silentbyte.net/images/cyberpunk_dlss_off.png
https://silentbyte.net/images/cyberpunk_dlss_quality.png
https://silentbyte.net/images/cyberpunk_dlss_ultra_performance.png // capping at my monitor's refresh rate due to gsync
Ah, RTX is off.
With RTX off do you still see spikes with shitloads of steam/smoke/fog?

After wandering and completing like 30 random mini-missions, I just completed the 7-part Delamain taxi cab mission. If nothing else, it showcases how damn big this game actually is. It might not be quite as large as RDR2 or GTA5, but it's a lot more dense. There's something (legitimate) to do on nearly every city block.

Back