Cyberpunk 2077

Equip sure as shit shouldn't be R. Frustrating as hell to switch weapons in combat without realizing it.

Also, apparently at least this UI alert doesn't go away in photo mode
photomode_13122020_220340.png

I slept with one of the main chicks in the story
Panam baby!!!
- I'm wondering if the same mechanics apply as in Witcher 3 with Yennifer and that other chick... if you sleep with another chick, theyll never bed with you again.

Looks like there is no opportunity for the love triangle the Witcher had. There seems to be less romance options as a whole.

I wish drinking/eating could be done without going to your inventory.
I rarely pick up food/drink. Whenever I come across something on the ground, I just hit 'R' and it auto-drinks/eats it. I have too much other shit to sort out in my inventory lol

I rarely pick up food/drink. Whenever I come across something on the ground, I just hit 'R' and it auto-drinks/eats it. I have too much other shit to sort out in my inventory lol
I just mean when you're sitting at a bar or something.

I wouldn't mind a third quickslot that could be used for food. I didn't notice if the quick wheel has a spot or not.

Mostly toward last gen console players. Good on them to offer refunds. Game looks absolutely terrible on a ps4

Mostly toward last gen console players. Good on them to offer refunds. Game looks absolutely terrible on a ps4
This gen console still looks poor. It just runs smoothly while looking poor instead of both running poorly and looking poor on last gen consoles. (Based on my Xbox series X experience and 8 hours into the game).

I looked up return policy on Amazon for a used game. Says must be unopened to be returned for a full refund. Opened game copies can have as much as a 100% restocking fee. ??? Not sure what’s really most common here. I tried to look up others experiences on the restocking fee on the web, but didn’t see any recent guidance or feedback. I’ll probably just sell my copy locally on Facebook market place for $40 and rebuy it on PC later. This game will be better on PC for several reasons. Mouse and Keyboard for aiming (thumb sticks aren’t my cup o’ tea), Ultrawide resolution (after playing everything ultra wide for a few years on my Dell 34” Alienware, a 116” 16x9 projector image seems narrow! And PC has the best graphics options.

EDIT
I contacted Amazon via chat. I showed them the CD Projekt Red notice to Xbox/console game disk owners. The CSR said they would give me a full refund on my opened game, and pay return shipping. Amazon customer service is still second to none.

Last edited:
This gen console still looks poor. It just runs smoothly while looking poor instead of both running poorly and looking poor on last gen consoles. (Based on my Xbox series X experience and 8 hours into the game).

I looked up return policy on Amazon for a used game. Says must be unopened to be returned for a full refund. Opened game copies can have as much as a 100% restocking fee. ??? Not sure what’s really most common here. I tried to look up others experiences on the restocking fee on the web, but didn’t see any recent guidance or feedback. I’ll probably just sell my copy locally on Facebook market place for $40 and rebuy it on PC later. This game will be better on PC for several reasons. Mouse and Keyboard for aiming (thumb sticks aren’t my cup o’ tea), Ultrawide resolution (after playing everything ultra wide for a few years on my Dell 34” Alienware, a 116” 16x9 projector image seems narrow! And PC has the best graphics options.

CDPR says to e-mail them anytime till December 21st if you're having issues with a refund- [email protected]

I've been having a blast so far but I do have a beefy rig. Funny enough, I started enjoying the game much more when I switched over to a controller. You don't notice the low FPS as much IMO plus driving and being able to walk at the same pace as NPC's is so much better.

Honestly, I am about 15 hours into the game, and have not had one game-breaking bug. Occasionally get the odd character clipping, random obstruction, but have never had to exit out the game or reload, nor have I been forced out the game.

I've been having a blast so far but I do have a beefy rig. Funny enough, I started enjoying the game much more when I switched over to a controller. You don't notice the low FPS as much IMO plus driving and being able to walk at the same pace as NPC's is so much better.
I might give controller a try my next playthrough, but using controllers in first person games usually make me motion sick for whatever reason.

I might give controller a try my next playthrough, but using controllers in first person games usually make me motion sick for whatever reason.
Honestly, I think the game was designed for it. I vastly prefer KB&M, and it does work...but I found the lower DPI smooths out the game. My fps isn't as erratic.

I can't wait until GPUs are back in stock. This game is certainly making me feel its age. Still, I get a pretty good 70+ fps during most tasks with settings mixed from Ultra to medium. No RTX though.

Honestly, I am about 15 hours into the game, and have not had one game-breaking bug. Occasionally get the odd character clipping, random obstruction, but have never had to exit out the game or reload, nor have I been forced out the game.
I got to murder a police target that was probably above my level because it got stuck into the ground. I then proceeded to just beat it with my fist.

I was reminded that this is indeed an RPG. I was doing a side quest that had me driving to a number of different locations all over the map and I decided at one point to try and break up some assault. They must have been way ahead of me because my weapons did no damage at all and someone blinked at me practically and I died. Wowsers.

I was reminded that this is indeed an RPG. I was doing a side quest that had me driving to a number of different locations all over the map and I decided at one point to try and break up some assault. They must have been way ahead of me because my weapons did no damage at all and someone blinked at me practically and I died. Wowsers.
yep, there's no NPC leveling so you need to come back to certain areas once you've leveled and geared up. I'm actually happy they did not put it in, adds to the sense of progression and it's fun coming back to areas you were getting your cheeks clapped to whup some ass.

Started playing with the v1.04 patch, and I have to say that this game is buggy as heck!!!
The multi platform release was more than they could chew 😏

I will wait one month, when they hopefully release a more consistent patch, to continue playing.
They should've release this game when it's properly cooked 😒

I've had a few bugs, one that halted progress until I googled to save and reload which kick started the next step. I also had a goofy model-swap bug that caused a gun to pop out of someone's head during a critical cut scene.

Overall though I enjoy the game a lot and it has held my interest despite the bugs. I feel they missed on a lot of the open world stuff though. This game could really use faction ranks and a faction progression system with proper quests and a reputation system. It sucks that all my side quests and gigs involve killing the same gang members over and over in one area, then I move on to another area and start working for their boss with no consequences. Also the fixer gigs don't do much besides raise your level bar and get you items.

Last edited:
Same here. The only crash I’ve experienced is when I accidentally hit F10 (MSI AB Screenshot shortcut key) it crashes to desktop. Other than that no crashes or game-breaking bugs.

CDPR apologizes for some of Cyberpunk 2077's launch woes, promises regular updates and improvements

View attachment 308962
I don't understand it. They delayed the game over a month ago and specifically said it was to make the older console versions better. Now they are saying that "we should have paid more attention to making it play better on PS4 and Xbox One." No way they didn't know... Were they just worried of the potential backlash if they were to announce the game's potential delay again so they just did a hail Mary and threw the game out there and just thought it would be better releasing in the state it was in rather than saying "Hey sorry guys, but we have to delay the game again until February."

Remember the last time they delayed the game and they had death threats sent their way, and everyone was memeing the shit out of the game that it'll release in 2077 and all this shit? It feels like CDPR was damned if they did release and damned it they didn't. I fucking hate the modern gaming community to be honest... bunch of whiney little turds... instead of bitching about a game delay and acting like psychopaths sending death threats to video game developers... people can't respect a developer wanting to take their time in creating a worthwhile game. I get CDPR has had plenty of time, but who gives a shit what people think? CDPR is one of the few developers out there who had good "street cred" with gamers in that they created a quality game in Witcher 3, and supported it with free content and worthwhile DLC... Now because they were feeling the pressure from the entire gaming community and after numerous delays I bet they were not willing to delay the game again in fear of what would happen... so it's either get shit on for delaying your game for the umpteenth time, or you release a game that plays like shit on last-gen consoles and just take the fallout on the chin and release your planned free updates and DLC to try to win the community back in time kind of how Hello Games did with No Man's Sky.

Like most else here I would not have given a damn if they delayed 2077 again b/c it's not like I don't have anything to play... all of our backlogs are endless...

Last edited:
I don't understand it. They delayed the game over a month ago and specifically said it was to make the older console versions better. Now they are saying that "we should have paid more attention to making it play better on PS4 and Xbox One." No way they didn't know... Were they just worried of the potential backlash if they were to announce the game's potential delay again?

yes they should be getting called out more for this...they knew the older console versions ran like crap which is why they didn't send out any review copies...they also made reviewers use stock B-roll footage on Day 1...people are giving them too much of a pass...

I guess I have been very very lucky with the game. I had to give my son my 1080ti and take his 2070S because the display port on his side monitor quit working.
I set the game to 1440p turned down cascading shadow resolution and set DLSS to quality.

I wish I could run raytracing but it gets 30-40fps and I have taken screen shots to A/B compare and in most situations I cant see it doing anything but making neon lights in the bars look thicker and more saturated. So, no big loss.

I have gysnc on my CX and it feels butter smooth with no stutters. indoors 80-110fps and 60-80 outdoors... I haven't seen it dip under 60.

I'm working from home today and saw the guide to edit the CSV file to allocate more ram and VRAM. Briefly tested it as I should be working and I was able to do 4k and performance dlss and get 50-60 fps in doors. I won't be using that until I get a 3080 for hdmi 2.1 So you guys might look into that.

Bugs:
I saw a t-pose early on
Half the time I talk to Johnny he leaves a floating cigarette.
I had the ui glitch once where the stat pane for a gun was stuck in the top right of the screen.
1 crash
Was crouched following some hot chick to gawk at her ass in an elevated area and saw her twin on a lower level practically walking parallel with her.
Got stuck climbing a platform.

Gog says i'm 9% in at 20 hours. I've done a couple of missions of act 2. I do a story mission then go do all the side missions that are doable with my gear. Kinda roam a bit try to play with gear.

Overall to my tastes. Its probably the best game I have ever played.. Its hard to say after so long but the last single player game that's sucked me in like this is the Witcher 3. I'd say I like it better than that.
The bugs I have experienced are over 20 hours.. I didn't give them a second thought. Only disappointment so far is I read that I cant do Judy since I am a man. Would like to romance Evelyn as well... lol. If you guys are familiar with the undying mercenaries book series. I like to play like I am James Mcgill.

Last edited:
Started playing with the v1.04 patch, and I have to say that this game is buggy as heck!!!
The multi platform release was more than they could chew 😏

I will wait one month, when they hopefully release a more consistent patch, to continue playing.
They should've release this game when it's properly cooked 😒

Verify files just to be sure.

I haven't hit a huge amount of bugs personally. Yeah, there is some NPC goofyness, but any open world game i've played has those early on.

Worst bug i've seen is for a fixer side-mission where there is a piece of loot locked behind a door that is bugged closed. Not game breaking, however.

I thought I would never say this, but the lens flaring in this game really is enjoyable. Sometimes it will stop me dead in my tracks and I will play around to swirl the lens flair around. I am sure JJ Abrams would get some inspiration from this game!

I thought I would never say this, but the lens flaring in this game really is enjoyable. Sometimes it will stop me dead in my tracks and I will play around to swirl the lens flair around. I am sure JJ Abrams would get some inspiration from this game!
Agreed, the game looks better with it enabled

Spent most of my time yesterday eating up all of an areas side quests. Must have made close to 200k from just being on foot, looting, shooting, completing quests and selling everything.

Nothing like slicing and dicing fools with the katana, absolutely bad ass.

I will say, my street cred is in 40s while still having my character at level 22. Kind of off balance I feel. And while vendors have more guns available, they're super expensive still.

80k for an at best decent legendary handgun. Lol

So far you can't keep vehicles you find or steal. That's a bummer. That needs to get addressed.

So far you can't keep vehicles you find or steal. That's a bummer. That needs to get addressed.
With the way the game currently is, i'm fine with that. It's not much different from normal life, and in the world of Cyberpunk the vehicles are so heavily tracked that I doubt you'd hang onto a stolen car long.

Anyone's game not starting? I haven't played since Friday, I have the game set to automatically update so I'm guessing I'm on 1.04. I tried rebooting, no luck.

Launching from steam I get that "fullscreen" animation, then my monitor goes in to standby, then comes back to nothing. Sometimes I get "whoa CP2077 flatlined!"

Launching the launcher directly from the steam folder gives me the same results. Launching CP2077.exe from the folder... nothing happens.

Tried doing the game validation, said it needed 3 files(10GB!) and it's still doing this.

Anyone's game not starting? I haven't played since Friday, I have the game set to automatically update so I'm guessing I'm on 1.04. I tried rebooting, no luck.

Launching from steam I get that "fullscreen" animation, then my monitor goes in to standby, then comes back to nothing. Sometimes I get "whoa CP2077 flatlined!"

Launching the launcher directly from the steam folder gives me the same results. Launching CP2077.exe from the folder... nothing happens.

Tried doing the game validation, said it needed 3 files(10GB!) and it's still doing this.
Sounds like you have a system issue if you keep having files corrupt.

Back