Cyberpunk 2077

Why don't you let Star Citizen players do the same?
Know what I can do on the 10th? Play a fully developed and released game called Cyberpunk 2077.

Know what I can't do on the 10th? Play a fully developed and released game called SC or SQ42 that were promised to be released multiple time over the last 6 years.

Oh, and last time I checked, CDPR isn't selling vehicles for hundreds or thousands of dollars, vehicles which there is no gameplay.

That trailer doent make it look like a budget title. Character models look like plastic I suppose you just cover them up with tattoos.
I think it is the overuse of Chromatic Aberration, which can be disabled in the menu. Witcher 3 had a similar plastic look when it was enabled, but it is a stronger CA in CP2077.

It does look like they reduced subsurface scattering a bit as well, but it's hard to tell with youtube compression even at 4K.

What shocks me is how many people are already bashing the game, calling it a flop based of off reviews which used DRM in them to lower performance, and did not get the massive 60+ GB patch (bug I guess 1 review did? who knows).

I personally will wait until I play it. I have quite a few friends which did not like The Witcher series. If I believed what they said, I would of missed out on one of the great role playing games this decade (The Witcher 3).

that was the excuse they gave for the latest delay...and suspiciously they didn't even send out any console review code yesterday...

No, it was what they told their SHARE HOLDERS. Aka the people you really, really, don't lie to. The whole "they delayed for video cards" conspiracy is fucking ridiculous nonsense. There is NO proof that anything you said is true. Not a single shred of evidence to support it. Do you have any idea the sheer cost of delaying a game at the last minute? All the marketing was done and ready to go, discs were printed and sent to distributors, and so on. NOTHING speaks to them delaying due to "video cards". Unless you have some actual facts and proof to back up your statement all you are doing is spreading some bullshit, nonsensical, conspiracy theory.

From the end of the trailer:
1607451802100.png
1607451862900.png

No, it was what they told their SHARE HOLDERS. Aka the people you really, really, don't lie to. The whole "they delayed for video cards" conspiracy is fucking ridiculous nonsense. There is NO proof that anything you said is true. Not a single shred of evidence to support it. Do you have any idea the sheer cost of delaying a game at the last minute? All the marketing was done and ready to go, discs were printed and sent to distributors, and so on. NOTHING speaks to them delaying due to "video cards". Unless you have some actual facts and proof to back up your statement all you are doing is spreading some bullshit, nonsensical, conspiracy theory.

that's the point...the delay wasn't last minute...don't blindly believe all the official press releases and PR coming from companies...delays are rarely last minute...they only let the public know last minute which makes it seem rushed...and I'm not just talking about the last delay, I'm referring to the delays from the 1st official release date of April 16th 2020

that's the point...the delay wasn't last minute...don't blindly believe all the official press releases and PR coming from companies...delays are rarely last minute...they only let the public know last minute which makes it seem rushed...

Provide proof.

Have you played games with RT on? All I've noticed is a massive drop in performance. I swapped back to RT off in games and honestly couldn't tell the difference. I probably could find it if I really looked for it, but if I have to stop and find the difference then I don't see the point.
Yes, I did. I prefer maxing out graphics, unless the game really becomes unplayable.
And how do you know based on other games how different will this one look without it? From what I've heard it's a pretty big difference.

What you say however is true for DLSS 2.0 I had to stop and look for signs of it, otherwise I couldn't tell the difference between it and native resolution.

Amen. People personally offended because they don't understand embargos - like they're some new concept - and maybe the developer doesn't want the prerelease version becoming a permanent record of the product, based on code subject to change before release.

And every outrage youtuber calling it a cOnsPirAcY because of course they are - it's just the era we live in now. "What is Cyberpunk trying to HIDE?!???!?" FOH. They're butthurt because they're desperate to be first, while CDPR's priority is to fix bugs until launch and get the game out.

Nobody is saying there shouldn't be a full accounting of the bugs after it releases - jerk off, go nuts.
Embargo serve many purpose and are a good idea, they should:
1) Promote reviewers to take a long time to create quality content about the product, without them the race to be the first reviews will create a really bad ecosystem, you will need to give the product at the exact same time and make everything more complicated.
2) Time the marketing promotions with the release of your products, you want the reviews to be a say 2 weeks before the release of your movie in theater or your game in brick and mortar affair.

When you use it for more than that, (i.e. you like the free promo when the reviews are good but do not want to live with the bad press when it is not) you can abuse of your embargo, but it should not be overuse and ideally publications would be powerful enough to not accept it too often.

If developer cannot send a near ready product (for important and relevant bug) they could decide to not use free marketing from reviewers and not sent them something to review.
If reviewer cannot test and show the bugs (that they feel are important and not certain to be a quick fix, say save file corruption), if they have any integrity could refuse to give free publicity for the product (some did)
Now that almost all reviews are not New York Times video games sections type, but on their own almost 100% click revenues base, the balance of power into developers hands in that relationship is way too big, who will accept to do a media blackout on a release like that in the current industry context.

They know they can ask for a lot in conditions and many will oblige.

There is a dance, reviewer want content for clicks, studio want almost 100% free marketing for their products from them, people watching reviews want to access if $60-$70 is a good buy, reviewer want to keep a good reputation in their eyes.

If reviewer livelihood depends on exclusive access to that content, they become way too easy to manipulate.

Interesting, it appears that in some locations, RTX on gives a significantly different feel to certain environments. The neon lighting in some is far less saturated and intense.. wonder if the non-RTX is somewhat closer to the "artistic vision" of the level designers, concept artists, etc? This definitely isn't true in all cases as the screenshots show, though.

Reactions: noko
like this
Interesting, it appears that in some locations, RTX on gives a significantly different feel to certain environments. The neon lighting in some is far less saturated and intense.. wonder if the non-RTX is somewhat closer to the "artistic vision" of the level designers, concept artists, etc? This definitely isn't true in all cases as the screenshots show, though.
That was my first wonder, if the RTX look would not change over time has the simulation didn't gave what the artist painting some map and "hardcoding" element of the final result versus a light simulation play out, which is closer to what they actually want ?

Those neon lighting being the same element that brought that questioning.

Reactions: noko
like this
I never heard of this guy before but that video was pretty good...I love the quote he brought up- "A delayed game is eventually good...a bad game is bad forever"
That actually makes zero sense. If a bad game is bad forever, then how can a game go from being bad to good due to a delay?

That's actually a huge difference. I expected there to be something noticable but not nearly at this level. What you see is baked in light vs real light. And IMO RTX on looks infinitely better. It's much more natural / realistic. RTX: OFF Just looks like any other videogame. RTX:ON looks like Wow.

They spin a different web of lies and half truths, depending upon which stage they are standing upon. Its pretty common for talks with shareholders to be spun as positively as possible, in every industry. They told their shareholders at that same meeting, that development crunch wasn't even really a thing for cyberpunk. Which has been countered by insider leaks and even remarks from developers.

They also said that the PC version and the code for PS5 and XSX was in great shape. That its the last gen consoles which were source of "embarrassing" problems. And ho ho look at what the truth is. PC version is a mess. And code meant for PS5 and XSX is apparently so bad, nobody got to review it. And I guess last gen version will just be absolute russian roulette, for anyone planning to get that on day 1.

Even with a patch the size of many games----PCGamer had to resort to creative troubleshooting, in order to complete some (possibly many) missions. And even though they technically finished some missions/scenes; Issues with the game prevented them from playing how they wanted. And nearly ever major scene was plagued with at least visual bugs.

There will be some fixes by release date, sure. But I do not think most of it will be fixed by then.

Its very clear that 7 months ago, this game was not completable. Maybe not even much of a cohesive game.

I actually really don't care a whole lot about what happens with Cyberpunk, the game itself. But its really upsetting how CDPR has been handling all of this. And I also do not think they should get a pass when other games have been dragged for bugs and whatnot. From gamers and game journalists, alike.

reviews for this are strange...I'm seeing complaints about it being too safe and uneven in its presentation but it's almost like the game is being held to a higher standard...or it's being compared to Witcher 3 and getting docked a few points for not being as great as that game...overall it seems like a very good game but a game which can never match the pre-release hype
Which is entirely the fault of the people themselves.

Ambitious games in particular have flaws but people can't get out of their own way when it comes to expectations.

It's not the game's fault if people set a completely unrealistic goal for it.

That actually makes zero sense. If a bad game is bad forever, then how can a game go from being bad to good due to a delay?

People think they're cool quoting something from the guy that made Mario. But it doesn't make sense to use for games anymore. It's from when games couldn't be patched.

LOL, this guy. He drones on and on about different metal bands just like this. Once he makes up his mind about something, he'll scour the ends of the earth looking for someone that agrees. He conveniently ignores anything contrary, too. I don't necessarily disagree with anything he says here, but he has clearly made up his mind having not played the game. If the game ends up sucking, he can conveniently say "I told you so!" If it doesn't, you'll never hear him mention the game again. The final version of the game isn't available yet and it's not like digital games can sell out. If the reviews for the real deal version of the game are horrible, either don't buy it or get a Steam refund if you pre-bought to support the project. Simple as that.

LOL, this guy.
I no longer rely on youtube reviews of games. It's not about being honest, it's about who is more edgy, who is first, and who gets the most clicks. They all have their own little echo chambers and they all say what their audience wants to hear. Who do you trust these days? I don't trust anybody since ME:A.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Than what is the quote supposed to say? If not that delays make better games.

a good game is a good game regardless if there are delays, bugs etc...those things can be fixed over time...a bad game is fundamentally bad and no amount of tinkering can fix it

People think they're cool quoting something from the guy that made Mario. But it doesn't make sense to use for games anymore. It's from when games couldn't be patched.

Pretty much this. First impressions are still VERY important, but release no longer truly defines a game (unless the game is abandoned and never fixed). If that were the case we'd never have FF14: ARR, No Man's Sky, Batman: Arkham Knight's PC version, the entire Witcher series, and a myriad of other games that were substantially fixed after release and turned from bad (or just janky and broken as fuck) to great/good games.

For anyone that has problems with epilepsy or knows someone with it that plans to play this game, you might want to hold off for a bit. A required part of the story uses a device who's flashing effects in game can cause seizures. There are currently no accessibility options that would prevent this. There is an epilepsy warning in the game's EULA (and CDPR said they're going to add one in-game) and, right now, it looks like those warnings are very important to listen to. CDPR stated they are looking into a more permanent solution and it will be added "as soon as possible".

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1336389181988343812

uhh, you do understand Mchart meant dark tonally, not literally like less light? I mean sometimes darker environments are a part of that, but..
How did he figure out the tone of an unreleased game that can take 175 hours to complete?

How did he figure out the tone of an unreleased game that can take 175 hours to complete?
There's a general tone to the game world and artwork, and it's not going to magically change at hour 172.

There's a general tone to the game world and artwork, and it's not going to magically change at hour 172.
You already played 172 hours? WOW.
There is nothing that suggests the game would be uplifting or merry, it all seems very bleak and dark despite the colors.

View attachment 306960
This slide is from https://videocardz.com in the article I got the impression this person guessed a URL on Nvidia's site to find it.
Ouch......From one of my youtube channels I watch. I guess no reviewers have actually received the full Day 1 patch either. We can hope for performance improvement, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Looks like this game will be the new slogan "Can it play Cyberpunk"

I'm curious about individual graphics settings. Lots of games have settings that kill performance but add little to no graphical fidelity. Things like "ultra" shadows and reflections that you would never notice, but they cause a 30% FPS dip. This might (or might not) have some of those. The Witcher 2 and 3 both had beastly settings that could bring a mighty system to its knees, but a "normal" system could mostly replicate with a few things turned down. Then again, there are also games where I swear the review FPS are cheating, too.

Lots of people speculating about bugs and performance. Might be best to wait a day or two after a patch is out without the DRM to see how the release game is. I assume they have a patch ready as the review copy is a week or so out of date.

There's russian websites breaking the embargo and posting screenshots.

This is reportedly a comparison of an indoor scene with Low, Ultra, and Ultra-RT settings.
Low
Ultra
Ultra-RT

I'm curious about individual graphics settings. Lots of games have settings that kill performance but add little to no graphical fidelity. Things like "ultra" shadows and reflections that you would never notice, but they cause a 30% FPS dip. This might (or might not) have some of those. The Witcher 2 and 3 both had beastly settings that could bring a mighty system to its knees, but a "normal" system could mostly replicate with a few things turned down. Then again, there are also games where I swear the review FPS are cheating, too.
hardware unboxed.does in depth settings guides for some games. I assume they will do one for cyberpunk.(reminds me of that old site, the firing squad, where they did settings.and in depth image quality for a lot of stuff.)

Back