Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Again (Dec 10th now)

I'm waiting until I can secure a 3080/3080 ti before I play this game. Sucks it likely won't be until after new year. By that time maybe amd will have their version of raytracing implemented in the game with some version of dlss, if not I'll keep trying for a 3080

Well, that sucks. I have a RTX 2070 @ 1440p and its about the same performance as your 1080ti possibly a little less. Looks like I won't be playing this game anytime soon. Especially with hardware prices the way they are now. I will probably have to upgrade my CPU aswell, (Still on a 6700K) Which I plan to do before a GPU upgrade anyway.

Well, honestly, I do not know what the FPS is for my RX5700XT and 1440p 144hz Freesync monitor and do not care. The game run very smooth on whatever the default settings are without any issues that I can remember. I do have a completely new install of Windows 10, ran Chris Titus debloat scripts on that new install, latest AMD drivers and Steam with this and two other games only installed.

Man, wish I could play it, but don´t have a good PC now. Could buy it for PS4 but not too fond of playing FPS in consoles.

The good thing about waiting till next year is that it will probably run a lot better, heard there´s a lot of bugs in the game and a 50GB patch, wow. I guess it makes sense, such a huge and ambitious game, it was the same with Witcher 3.

I'm running on a launch GTX1080 and Instead of turning down the the graphics settings I turned down the resolution to 1080p and it looks beautiful and runs butter smooth, I haven't had a noticeable frame drop/stutter yet. I'm playing on a 75" TV from roughly 14 feet away but the difference between 1080p and 1440p is negligible and while 4k is a noticeable it still looks good enough at 1080p at this distance that I don't think about it while playing. After about 3 hours I haven't experienced any major bugs and have only seen one minor possible bug. I shot the driver of a van and it blew him out the driver side window in an odd way.

I'll monitor my frame rate more closely today.

I also played it last night on my rig for about an hour. While I have a couple of observations about what I played I'll keep those to the thread in General Gaming meant to talk about the experience. What I can tell you from here is that on my rig (Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB DDR4-3600 RAM and an RTX 3080) my game ran smooth as silk at 1440p Ultra with Ray Tracing and DLSS turned on. The framerate was rocksteady and the game looks superb. Out!

On a 3700x with a 2080ti at 3440x1440 w/ Gsync I can say that it runs well and smooth with RTX, ultra settings, and DLSS Quality. I'm not sure what the framerate is but I don't recall seeing any fps drops or stutters. The performance level is impressive for how damn great it looks.

I wanna play! Why did I order it from Amazon.... it's "out for delivery"

Alright, so, first impressions.

Very first impression: This is the first game that I've played that really needs more powerful hardware than my 1080Ti. I booted the game up with the default settings (mostly high or ultra) at 1440p and the fucking game crashed about 10 seconds after character creation. I was getting like 10 FPS before it did so.

I lowered a BUNCH of settings and now I have the game running at around 40-60FPS at 1440p at 80% or so resolution with FidelityFX. It's obviously closer to 1080p than 1440p.

Anyway, even with that "downgrade" and the terribly inconsistent framerate, game looks damn good. I think I might just have to settle for 30FPS 1440p if it can keep it constant, haven't had to run at game at 30FPS in a very long, long while.

I've seen a few bugs, mostly related to clipping and textures being weird as hell - but there wasn't anything game breaking in the 2+ hours i've played. The game itself aside from how hard as fuck it is to run actually seems REALLY well optimized. I haven't seen RAM go over 3GB much at all and the VRAM tends to stick around 6, definitely uses most of my 24 threads, total system usage hovers around 20%, and i still have my background tasks going.

I did get an annoying bug that was enough to make me quit and reload the game, I got a menu popup for installing something that just... wouldn't go away, taking up a bit of screen permanently. Luckily the game loads really damn fast off my SSD + Ramcache so quitting and reloading only takes a few seconds, if there's a way to disable the startup movies it'll probably be even faster. I am still really early though, obviously still in tutorial land.

Should we talk about gameplay in the Cyberpunk thread under General Gaming or consolidate that here? Just curious which one I should be responding too.
People on Steam are saying they can't turn TAA off and the game is so blurry they have getting headaches. For example

"Playing it on my 55" 4K TV and the TAA blur feels like i'm moving throu haze. Everything gets blurry while moving around. Even tho i've turned off the motion blurr, it doesn't helps. Places with less light makes it even worse. First time when i relised this, i thought it's because the eye cybernetic we get at early game and it effects our vision. LoL... i was so wrong. Was playing at ultra settings with 1080ti and tried pulling everyhing at low so maybe TAA gets disabled but nope. Can't get rid of it. "

Yeah, the TAA is definitely part of the blur. Combine that with motion blur "high" and it looked awful. I think the TAA is mandatory because they somehow use it for the brain dance sections. There's so much post processing going on in those that it looks like nothing else I've ever played before.
Combined with however CASFX upscaling works in this game it does look terrible. The game world itself doesn't lend itself well to it, and I've been playing hundreds of hours of Horizon:ZD and MHWorld using CasFX and TAA and neither of them have the issues this game does.

I really need to mess with the settings more to find a good balance. It's when it rains that it's most noticeable, I think the volumetric lighting at a lower setting leaves particles everywhere that just get very visibly enhanced by TAA.

People on Steam are saying they can't turn TAA off and the game is so blurry they have getting headaches. For example

"Playing it on my 55" 4K TV and the TAA blur feels like i'm moving throu haze. Everything gets blurry while moving around. Even tho i've turned off the motion blurr, it doesn't helps. Places with less light makes it even worse. First time when i relised this, i thought it's because the eye cybernetic we get at early game and it effects our vision. LoL... i was so wrong. Was playing at ultra settings with 1080ti and tried pulling everyhing at low so maybe TAA gets disabled but nope. Can't get rid of it. "

I agree, in my thread in video cards section, I reported how cartoonish game looks. I wqs hoping to get a more crisp refined DeusEx look

Playing with 7700K, 1080 Ti, 1440p, mostly High with some Ultra, pretty decent 60 fps (drops to 45 in fights) but overall very smooth and only the occasional glitch after about an hour - enjoying it so far!

Reading this I am slightly less butthurt that my workload will prevent me from playing this for another week or 2 at the earliest. So lets see what bug fixes come out between now and then, I can grab it then.

I just picked it up on GOG, and I’m downloading it. But I won’t play it until I get my monitor that’s getting repaired up and running.

My poor poor RTX 2070 only manages a 41fps average :(

Maybe Santa will bring me more performance...

Just heard from Santa:
7c601a80cae554f4a01e3d52775c9410e35d93794fd297d3_1.jpg720 × 834

I also played it last night on my rig for about an hour. While I have a couple of observations about what I played I'll keep those to the thread in General Gaming meant to talk about the experience. What I can tell you from here is that on my rig (Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB DDR4-3600 RAM and an RTX 3080) my game ran smooth as silk at 1440p Ultra with Ray Tracing and DLSS turned on. The framerate was rocksteady and the game looks superb. Out!

Ditto,just finished the Prologue. Buttery smooth at 1440P on Ultra, plus Ultra RTX turned on with DLSS 2.0

So here's the game which makes our old cards cry.
And we can't buy the new ones.

I'm mad, but if there was ever a "first world problems", this might be it.
Totally agree. There are far more things to be concerned about now days than not being able to upgrade. Which is why I really have just stopped caring about it. It would be great to upgrade at MSRP, but that's not reality any longer. Now I know how the iPhone generation feels.

Well, on the PC version, everything but combat seems to work just fine with an XBox 360 Controller for Windows. In combat, the mouse and keyboard are most definitely needed in this game unlike RDR2, just simply making a comparison.

Back