Cyber Monday

Brahmzy

Supreme [H]ardness
Any guesses on what CM will hold?
BF wknd has kicked my arse and cleaned me out. I don't think I have anything left for tomorrow.

I Pretty much saved everything for CM... I mean what the fuck is the point in fighting the crowds when I can instead do my shopping from work on monday & get paid for it..

Some of the Cyber Monday sales have started. Has anyone found anything good yet?

I am wanting to get two 3TB internal hard-drives. I am hoping to find newegg or amazon answer my wishes tomorrow.

Anyone have any idea WHEN deals will start to arise? Last year, I was late on the draw for a lot of things.

As I recall, last year, Cyber Monday had pretty much the same deals that we saw on Black Friday (at Amazon, New Egg etc).

Parted out that system is about $280.

How good it is is all relevant to your use.

All in all the system is looks like a fine low end gaming machine. The only real fault is with the cheap case and cheap PSU. I'd try looking for a better PSU myself. Something like the Corsair CX. A cheap case is okay, a cheap PSU is something else.

Just snagged a nice deal at cowboom on this "previously-owned" 6 rated
Samsung Series 7 NP700Z5B-S01UB 15.6" Laptop

I only got one after someone dropped it from their cart, I saw it just as they went out of stock, then set check4change to stalk the page for one to come pop up. I was really looking for an Ivy Bridge, but for <$400 I'll just have to deal with this:

Intel Core i7-2675QM 2.20GHz/3.1GHz TurboBoost Processor

8GB DDR3 System Memory
2 x USB 3.0 ports, 1 x USB 2.0 port, 1 x Full Size HDMI port, 1 x RJ45 (LAN) port
1TB Hard Drive Capacity + 8GB express cache
AMD Radeon HD6490M 512MBGraphics - Lame, but I was only shooting for HD 4000 graphics anyways, so it's good enough.
4-in-1 Media Card Reader
DVD +/-RW Super Multi Dual Layer (S-ATA) Optical Drive
15.6" 1600 x 900 Resolution Display
802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless LAN, Gigabit LAN
Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Bluetooth v3.0 High Speed Bluetooth
Backlit Keyboard
5.04lbs
14.2" x 9.3" x 0.94"

Last edited:
Newegg's CM is just a rehash of whatever is leftover from BF. Several items on the list (particularly mid range video cards) came pre-sold out.

very nice find, Kueller. I give up I think. I'm just wasting my time trying to find a good deal.

Well, random thing I got was some clothes from Express. Their shirts fit me well (tall and slim) and it's 40% off and then $80 off $240 or more. Got a couple of shirts for <$25 each which is pretty good.

Newegg's CM is just a rehash of whatever is leftover from BF. Several items on the list (particularly mid range video cards) came pre-sold out.

Yeah I noticed that too. Some of their prices are no different at all. :rolleyes:

That was my impression as well. Its like the Egg no longer gets it.

The meta lately, is that CM is just stuff they couldn't sell on BF. Literally. Why would e-tailers wait until Monday to give their best deals when everyone has no spendings left. They can get their money sooner and compete with everyone else by priotizing BF, both online and in-store, on Friday and throughout the weekend they sell other stuff to keep the momentum going. By Monday I doubt many deals will turn your head. Just look at Cyber Monday at Amazon compared to Friday, it's sad.

Also look at all the PRE-BF sales that popped up, they all jump the gun now as well so the chances of having anything worth looking at left, by Monday is...... BF is the day for both in-store AND online now. Waiting for CM is not conducive to getting the best deals online anymore.

But Ihaveworms, you're in luck probably as chances are, hdds will be sold at decent prices though. I do keep seeing the 2tb versions being lightened and recycled quite often at the Zon Lightning deals, not sure they will put the 3tbs back on though. If they do I'm not sure you will see 3tbs at $80-90FS with discounted extended warranties like you did on BF but something close would be good enough I bet.

Last edited:
I missed out. I was hoping a monitor I wanted on Amazon would be cheaper on CM, but it's $36 more then it was on BF. Oh well, I guess I didn't need it anyway... ;)

I actually bought something on BF instead of on CM... Not impressed by the deals today. I even took a vacation day to extend my already holiday from last week.

Got the 42" for 179 for a friend on BF. Im happy till next year. Oh and I didnt step a foot in a store.

I actually bought something on BF instead of on CM... Not impressed by the deals today. I even took a vacation day to extend my already holiday from last week.

Got the 42" for 179 for a friend on BF. Im happy till next year. Oh and I didnt step a foot in a store.

nice deal on the 42"! I payed 50 more!

I've never seen any Cyber Monday deals that were better than Black Friday for products i cared about. To me, it seems like CM is the left over crap nobody wanted on BF.

I don't remember what I was watching/reading but it stated (real) lower prices actually come up not too long after these "Super Duper Uber Deals" end.

They (smart marketers) get all the sheeple already intent on buying something super excited over "DEALS/SALES/SAVINGS/99%OFF/ETC" because they've been planning on getting stuff. Then after that's all said and done they (the businesses) get real, and lower prices to encourage everyone else to actually buy something from them, too! Win-Win for the businesses AND a very nice placebo effect for those that paid a "meh" price for something they wanted anyway but needed some outside persuasion to justify their purchase in their own mind...lol.

Watch in a week or two (shrugs). ;)

Guys don't just buy crap because of the words black friday/Cyber Monday. I just canceled an item from newegg because I thought I got a legit Black Friday deal and come to find out it was $40 less last month.

Happy shopping.

The meta lately, is that CM is just stuff they couldn't sell on BF. Literally.

This is true. But hey, if they drop the prices from their black friday prices, who am I to complain? That Samsung laptop I got was listed at $599 for Black Friday-Sunday, it was interesting at $599, but not interesting enough to pull the trigger on. 12AM monday morning though, price drops to $399 (plus 10% cyber10 coupon) and BAM sold out in under 5 minutes..

Microcenter has some great deals on i7 processors today.

i7 3770k for $229.99
[/url]

I thought about getting a friend to pick one up for me and ship it, but after taxes and shipping, it just seemed like more hassle (for both of us) than just getting it from Amazon (esp since it's for someone else, so I'm not paying for it).

I'm holding out for the text Chip set. Just wish Intel would stick with the same socket longer.

The meta lately, is that CM is just stuff they couldn't sell on BF. Literally. Why would e-tailers wait until Monday to give their best deals when everyone has no spendings left. They can get their money sooner and compete with everyone else by priotizing BF, both online and in-store, on Friday and throughout the weekend they sell other stuff to keep the momentum going. By Monday I doubt many deals will turn your head. Just look at Cyber Monday at Amazon compared to Friday, it's sad.

Also look at all the PRE-BF sales that popped up, they all jump the gun now as well so the chances of having anything worth looking at left, by Monday is...... BF is the day for both in-store AND online now. Waiting for CM is not conducive to getting the best deals online anymore.

Outside of the electronic equivalent of a "door buster" where the e-tailer has a stock of 1-2 items, I thought the deals on CM might improve by necessity so as to extend the sale and squeeze that last penny out of those who either a) had some money left over from BF or b) were specifically waiting for CM and upon seeing that the deals are the same or worse buys nothing.

Then again there will be those who waited, realize the deals are worse, and then just gives in and buys for the sake of buying... so this could kind of be a wash when applied with the scenarios above.

Didn't buy anything on Friday or Monday. Irdered some watercooling gear (fans, tubing, mx4) because I needed it and that is it.

Is it me or is CM becoming a has-been? Places were yapping about CM deals back the Saturday after BF. Companies do this next year and CM won't be of any relevance anymore, it's going to be more of a Cyber Weekend from Saturday-Monday after BF.

I also kept hearing that there were going to be awesome, super, uber SSD deals. From what I have seen on the Egg as an example, that never turned out to be the case.

im kinda glad i waited towards black friday and cyber monday. I need a new prepaid phone cause my old one is starting to die on me. I was originally going to pay upwards of 179.99 (when it was on sale) before black friday for the HTC One V through virgin mobile. I think the launch price was 199.99 when it first came out (too high in my opinion for a single core android phone) but anyways I waited for black friday, wallah it's now 99.99 instead of the 179.99. hmm I think i'll wait for cyber monday.

cyber monday rolls around phone is now 49.99 time to buy it :)

I don't do anything intensive on my phones so im not really complaining much about the single core processor in it, But i love messing with custom roms and kernels. As stock phone it only has ICS; however, there's an unoffical CM10 build for it so i'll be getting jellybean shortly.

The only deals that I saw worth mentioning were the ~500GB SSD's for ~$300.

I wanted to see a deal on 3tb WD hdd's like the deal we saw on seagate 3tb hdd's. :(

To me, the only deals that seemed to be worth a damn this year was the sale that the Microsoft store had on some titles for $10. A lot of those were sold out by the time I first saw it. :(

I would also agree that this Cyber Monday sucks.
All the after Thanksgiving stuff wasn't good at all.

Back