Hello!
I am currently in the market for a new gaming PC, and while I understand it's much cheaper and more fulfilling to build one from scratch, because my generous folks are getting this for me as a gift, they prefer that I go through a custom built PC company that provides a warranty. I will not look this gift horse in the mouth! However, I am looking for some website/company recommendations. I have had horrible experiences with Alienware in the past, so that's definitely out. And I'd prefer not to go with Dell in general. I've been looking at CyberPower PC and that looks promising. I like how you can select between different cases for their different rigs and even get laser engravings. Their customer service seems to get a bad rap, however.
Anyway, it's been a while since I've been in the desktop market and I'm a little overwhelmed. So any recommendations (or warnings) that you may have would be greatly appreciated! I'm trying to keep the system under $2,000 and the games I'll mostly be playing will be The Sims 3 and Skyrim, which currently run terribly on my Dell XPS1530 laptop.
Thank you!
I am currently in the market for a new gaming PC, and while I understand it's much cheaper and more fulfilling to build one from scratch, because my generous folks are getting this for me as a gift, they prefer that I go through a custom built PC company that provides a warranty. I will not look this gift horse in the mouth! However, I am looking for some website/company recommendations. I have had horrible experiences with Alienware in the past, so that's definitely out. And I'd prefer not to go with Dell in general. I've been looking at CyberPower PC and that looks promising. I like how you can select between different cases for their different rigs and even get laser engravings. Their customer service seems to get a bad rap, however.
Anyway, it's been a while since I've been in the desktop market and I'm a little overwhelmed. So any recommendations (or warnings) that you may have would be greatly appreciated! I'm trying to keep the system under $2,000 and the games I'll mostly be playing will be The Sims 3 and Skyrim, which currently run terribly on my Dell XPS1530 laptop.
Thank you!