Cursor lag in photoshop

Doodlehed

Limp Gawd
I just built the system in my sig for gaming and web design stuffs and I'm experiencing this jumpy cursor problem when my cursor is over my project window. It doesn't lag at all if it's hovering over anything else. It's as if the curser sample rate drops really low like a 1995 pc. I've never had this problem on any of my older systems. It's not even a huge psd, it's a canvas with two colors and two layers. It's just frusterating and getting in the way of progress.

Also something that may be related. When I first load up photoshop I get the loading circle after it's all loaded but I can work and do everything as normal without anything lagging, like something else is loading up with it?

Maybe compatiblity issues with windows 7 and my photoshop version?

The program will open, and display a splash screen while it loads some background stuff. If you disable the spash screen, until it's done loading it will have some options disabled. It still does this with CS5 so it's pretty much normal operation.

Has the program always done the cursor thing or has it just started to do it recently? Which version of photoshop is it? Does it only do it on this one file?

Do you have aero disabled? Or any kind of mouse software?

yeah, what version is it?

I had cursor tracking issues with photoshop using my Cintiq tablet (I think CS4 was giving me the problem).

I dropped down a version and it was butter smooth. I recall trying to setup hardware acceleration among other things but I was never able to figure out what the problem was.

I'm using cs3. I don't know what Aero is. I do have razer mouse software that runs in the background but its never given me a problem on my old machine with XP.

I don't have the splash screen disabled, this happens after everything is loaded and it only happens when I hover over the canvas, not over the utilities. Might be my PS version I guess. Could try to upgrade.

had that issue, something with my graphics card and the hardware acceleration especially if you have powersaving and dedicated card

It's not a terrible problem just more of an annoyance. I paid more for a nice gaming mouse and it helps in photoshop also but this just feels like im using a 1990 cheapo ball mouse.

I'll play with my power saving options and see if I can fix it. Thanks for the replies.

Back