• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Curious about WEI score

WarLust

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 20, 2004
Messages
329
What speed on the newest Intel chips will give you a WEI of 7.9? I thought going from 7.7 at 4.2 Ghz on a 920 to 5 Ghz on a 2600k would give me 7.9, maxing all my categories, but it only went up to 7.8. I haven't tried 5.2 yet.

Pffftttt. Now my CPU is the low point.
 
What speed on the newest Intel chips will give you a WEI of 7.9? I thought going from 7.7 at 4.2 Ghz on a 920 to 5 Ghz on a 2600k would give me 7.9, maxing all my categories, but it only went up to 7.8. I haven't tried 5.2 yet.

Pffftttt. Now my CPU is the low point.

Do you have HT turned on?
 
This again? It's a pointless score on some silly test that means next to nothing. As long as it's over 1 who cares? :p
 
Hyper threading dint make a difference. I don't think Windows used that many threads to test anyways.
 
i think its a functional benchmark to let people know if there is something that is handicapping their system.

i have a 7.6
my hard disk and my processor are at 7.6

good enough for me
 
I get a 7.8 with my non-overclocked i7-980X...but the number means nothing
 
I know the number means nothing, I was just curious if someone has gotten a 7.9 and what CPU at what speed it took to reach it. I know my system is speedy and can handle anything, just curious is all. Everything else is maxxed out at 7.9, I didn't understand why 5 Ghz wouldn't do it LOL.
 
I get a 7.7 CPU score with my i7-920 @ 4.2Ghz.

And my old Q6600 setup which is running at 3.0Ghz currently gets a 7.2. I used to have it running at 3.84Ghz before I went to i7. I don't remember what the WEI was.. but I am thinking since it went from 6.8 to 7.2 with a 600Mhz overclock, that it was probably getting a 7.5 or 7.6.

WEI is useless.
 
Back
Top