crysis warhead still runs poorly with ATI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

z3r0-

[H]ard|Gawd
Are the reviewers playing DX9 1024*768 or something? Or is the game THAT nvidia optimized. I figured if the reviewers can run it maxed out with a single 8 series card, my 4850 CROSSFIRE should be fine at a higher res (1080p). Guess not. First level I get 8-12 fps. Anyone else getting horrible fps?

It has been noted a lot in the other Clear Sky threads that the first area slows down everyone's PCs. Get past that & you can play at whatever res you want.

Oi... talk about confusion on my part... Clear Sky... Crysis Warhead... both start with Cs & I'm nearly done with being burnt out at work...

My bad... *whistles*

Can you post some benchmark numbers with FRAPS and some screen shots? Now I have second thoughts about getting this although it may not be optimized for crossfire.
Is that 1920x1080p? and what setting: Gamer or Enthusiast?

Are the reviewers playing DX9 1024*768 or something? Or is the game THAT nvidia optimized. I figured if the reviewers can run it maxed out with a single 8 series card, my 4850 CROSSFIRE should be fine at a higher res (1080p). Guess not. First level I get 8-12 fps. Anyone else getting horrible fps?

I have not received the game yet.
What settings are you using?? Are you trying to play at very high???

The reviews I read noted frame rates at the 30 mark for a 9 series and sometimes single 260 GTX at 1680 x 1080 on " high" or "gamer". That IS NOT cranked up to the max.

I'm just hoping for 30 FPS at very high on 19 X 12 with my Crossfired X2s......and I'll consider myself lucky. In Crysis the first, my system sucked. It's just not an ATI game.

Try it with ONE gpu. My $$ is on a crossfire issue.

edit: sorry for your troubles. been there.

Enthusiast... hence "maxed out" I got 14 fps tops in the first level then the game crashed when I got to the cliff where it tells me to use binoculars.

Enthusiast... hence "maxed out" I got 14 fps tops in the first level then the game crashed when I got to the cliff where it tells me to use binoculars.

Lol was a little cryptic in the way you stated it...

Sorry, just bitter that I paid 30 bucks for an "optimized" crysis that still blows. Don't take it personally :)

http://www.driverheaven.net/gamingreviews.php?reviewid=634

Enthusiast 1920*1200 decept FPS with a GTX 260.

I turned off CF (I lost the CF menu now and can't turn it back on, great) and I get the exact same FPS. Looks like another nvidia optimization. Knew I should have waited for the GTX 280 to get cheap and gotten one of those.

Try it with ONE gpu. My $$ is on a crossfire issue.

edit: sorry for your troubles. been there.

I agree, the original Crysis didn't scale well at all with my dual 3870's. It ran much better when I put in a single 4870.

Im lucky I guess. Im pulling about 60 FPS on Enthusiast with 4x's AA... But then again, Im also not running ATI. Thing is, Im getting about 30-40 FPS in the first area of S-CS with every detail maxed.

How about waiting to see if its meant to run better but something has screwed up.
It could even be the use of features requiring a driver optimised for those features.
You might want to try the latest driver, y'know, just in case it might make you happy enough to buy the game ;)

LOL people here never case to amaze me..

It sucks, but it doesn't suck enough for you to not want to play it..

i agree with this. if you choose to take a firm stance against Crytek then don't play their games at all. Otherwise you're just using BS excuses to justify piracy.

LOL people here never case to amaze me..

It sucks, but it doesn't suck enough for you to not want to play it..

if your going to steal it, just say so.. don't try and hide behind some BS..

Actually I probably won't play it at all from the way people are saying it plays. Its not that the game sucks (it does) so much as I have to go buy an Nvidia card to make it run. No thanks. And Crytek wonders why their sales were mediocre.

i agree with this. if you choose to take a firm stance against Crytek then don't play their games at all. Otherwise you're just using BS excuses to justify piracy.

I don't pirate games, and I was stupid enough to buy the first installation. Never again. I have a friend that successfully canceled his Warhead pre-order based on the DRM issue as well. In fact, I don't game with a single person that is going to buy the piece of shit. That doesn't mean we'll pirate it, it means that either way Crytek isn't getting a dime from us.

I will never buy another Crytek game. I'll just download it and consider my payment to be Crytek's deal with Nvidia and their shafting of crossfire users.

I don't pirate games, and I was stupid enough to buy the first installation. Never again. I have a friend that successfully canceled his Warhead pre-order based on the DRM issue as well. In fact, I don't game with a single person that is going to buy the piece of shit. That doesn't mean we'll pirate it, it means that either way Crytek isn't getting a dime from us.

what does "I'll just download it and consider my payment to be Crytek's deal with Nvidia and their shafting of crossfire users" mean then? I'm not looking to turn this into yet another piracy debate thread, just honestly curious what you meant by that if you weren't referring to piracy.

Well damn, this is disappointing. I was actually defending crytek when everyone else predicted this would run like shit. Guess that's what I get for sticking my neck out. I was getting ready to head up to CC and buy the damn thing, but after reading about the DRM issues, and now this, I'm gonna pass. :mad:

what does "I'll just download it and consider my payment to be Crytek's deal with Nvidia and their shafting of crossfire users" mean then? I'm not looking to turn this into yet another piracy debate thread, just honestly curious what you meant by that if you weren't referring to piracy.

Thats called sarcasm. Although, with a few people reported actual crossfire scaling with the 4870x2, I might give it a try. One things for sure though, if I do, I am going to use a no DVD crack to avoid the activation BS.

Locking this.

Basically don't talk of piracy. It is not condoned and is not cool. Developers have families to feed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back