Crysis too easy?

Ever seen the videos of the 2 bank robbers in LA a few years back? Full body armor, walking out in plain open ground, getting hammered by rounds from the police, and not even fazed.

I agree the fuckers are hard to kill (KPA) but the tech does exist already to let them take those rounds and still function. Not very happily...but I guess that's why they get pissed and call in backup :)

ps- LOVE the sig Obi...hehe. "BEST buy" yep, suuuure it is....

Well they did have automatic weapons and the police had shitty 9mm guns. They raided the gun store and it was a reason that led to police having more powerful weapons.

Anything can stop a 9mm :rolleyes:
Not a 5.56 round though, speed kills

Suppose I'll add my 2 Cents aye.

Having just beat the game this morning, I will have to agree with the Thread Topic, in that I believe Crysis was a bit too easy.

I suppose I should now append the following: *Semi-Spoilers Incoming*

By and large, I abused the cloak/tree aspect cover of this game.

For instance, there was a section in the game whereby your character came to a long bridge with a helicopter in the distance and on either side of the opposing end of the bridge lay two automatics. On the entry side there was a tiny bush, just enough to hide in. I cloaked shot a road on my way in the get the enemy presence. I then cloaked in the bush and not 1, not 2, not 3, but 8 enemies run across the bridge past, my now uncloaked position in a bush, and wander off into the forest. After which I sprinted across the bridge only to cloak into yet another bush.

In fact, I did this method throughout the entire game, up until I could no longer do so, when you meet your alien friends. I probably killed a total of 50 enemies out of the hundreds there were in this game. While its nice having the option to just run past content, its a bit frustrating as it does add to the ease of the game. I'd rather the game force you into fight-or-die situtations like many games do/and did in the past. There were just too many levels in crysis where you could say: "Screw this" -- Run, and just win.

A frustrating aspect was the helicopter, no matter my cloak, no matter my heavy forest cover the damn helicopters always seemed to know where I was, bombarding me with missles and bullets. Quite upsetting.

Too add my slight-dissapointment with the ease of this game, the so called "end-boss" was far from anything "end-boss" like. Hide behind a in-destructible container with an infinite amount of missles = win. How a cool plasma cannon can destroy a air-craft carrier, but not a small container is beyond me. 4 Turrets + A Few simple enemies passes for a challenging end-game boss now adays? If so, please bring back the end-game bosses present in DOOM II. Now that was a hard level, mobs upon mobs, and you had to have pin-point accuracey shooting a missle into a small hole as you flew up and down in the air! Not this, crysis, auto-lock-onto-huge-hole-in-underside-of-alien-vessle-with-nuclear-gun crap.

Sorry if I come off a little bitter, but personally Cyrsis did not live up the hype for me. I am tired of games banking on sequels and this is exactly what crysis did. It was essentially, in my opinion, Far Cry Part 2. The most fun aspect of this game (the aliens for me) last a whopping 3 levels and ended so anti-climatically that I was left with a bitter taste. Though, I am interested in what will happen to Prophet, its very irritating that they could have just extended the game play longer and wrapped it all up. Games now adays just seems shorter and shorter. *Sigh* In the end though I sitll gave Crysis an 8.5 on my Gamespot user rating. :p

Meh, one mans opinion. =)

What other games can you do what you just described in? You describe a scenario that you simply don't get to do in 99% of the games out there.

I retract my original post. I'm playing through the full campaign now. It has been a piece of cake until Paradise Lost (Delta mode of course).
This game reminds me a bit of a hardcore Deus Ex, but still, easier.

Anything can stop a 9mm :rolleyes:
Not a 5.56 round though, speed kills

Actually current military grade ballistic vests, with ceramic plates are able to stop multiple rounds from a 5.56 weapon, and even a few rounds from a 7.62 weapon at close range. Again this game takes place in 2020, imagine what the technology will be like at that time for body armor.

A frustrating aspect was the helicopter, no matter my cloak, no matter my heavy forest cover the damn helicopters always seemed to know where I was, bombarding me with missles and bullets. Quite upsetting.

The helos are probably using thermal imaging, that is why they can see you in the forest, or when cloaked. Thermal imaging is able to pick up the heat signature of a human body even in water, and dense forests. There are videos on the net of attack helos in Iraq following insurgents at night with thermal cameras. The bodies stand out from the cool background. To add, I don't believe the helos in the game are actually using thermal imaging. I was just explaining that in real life the technology exists in today's world. The game creators might have tried to mimic the technologies capabilities by making the helos able to track you extremely well as if they where using thermal imaging.

The helos are probably using thermal imaging, that is why they can see you in the forest, or when cloaked. Thermal imaging is able to pick up the heat signature of a human body even in water, and dense forests. There are videos on the net of attack helos in Iraq following insurgents at night with thermal cameras. The bodies stand out from the cool background.

That makes perfect sense! I was like how the hell does he see me?!?! :D

Ah, but their is already a suit that blocks all IR heat from being seen by IR capable devices, so if we have that now, then the helo shouldnt be able to see you if your cloaked and using that suit, so basically the helo is a hax :)

As much as I agree that the cloak and abundant trees make the game easier, I can guarantee you that if I was in a real-life situation where I had my own nano-suit, was stuck on a tropical island, was surrounded by guys that wanted to kill me, etc... you can bet a million dollars that my scaredy ass would be cloaking and hiding in the trees all day long. So, at least in that part, it's realistic. :cool:

I didn't find the game particularly easy, nor particularly difficult. I did not finish it however, when I ran across an endgame bug (?) that prevented me from killing the final boss. I read walk-thrus and hints but still no joy.

That being said, to all the people that thought this game was easy: rest assured, someone will come out with a better AI patch / mod to make things challenging for you.

I thought that the groups of 20+ Koreans were challenging. I usually chose to use stealth to avoid as many encounters as possible.

I didn't find the game particularly easy, nor particularly difficult. I did not finish it however, when I ran across an endgame bug (?) that prevented me from killing the final boss. I read walk-thrus and hints but still no joy.

That being said, to all the people that thought this game was easy: rest assured, someone will come out with a better AI patch / mod to make things challenging for you.

I thought that the groups of 20+ Koreans were challenging. I usually chose to use stealth to avoid as many encounters as possible.

WARNING - POSSIBLE SPOILERS

What bug is that? Have you got the TAC Cannon? You need to shoot the first 4 guns on the Alien warship first then use the TAC cannon to lock onto the left side of the Alien Warship, then the right side then the center

I usually had firefights with the koreans and for the most part it was pretty easy. But they sure can take a lot of bullets if it isn't to the head.

What other games can you do what you just described in? You describe a scenario that you simply don't get to do in 99% of the games out there.

He's comparing it to the hype, not to 99% of the games out there.

Actually current military grade ballistic vests, with ceramic plates are able to stop multiple rounds from a 5.56 weapon, and even a few rounds from a 7.62 weapon at close range. Again this game takes place in 2020, imagine what the technology will be like at that time for body armor.

The helos are probably using thermal imaging, that is why they can see you in the forest, or when cloaked.

Multiple rounds yes, but not while standing still and heading a dead bead aim on you, but that's up to the game developers... Would also be nice if I could just WEAR THEIR DAMN ARMOR on top of mine. Take like another 10 bullets. :rolleyes:

Oh and silencer at long range = crap damage. No silencer and you can take them down really quickly.

I thought about IR when the helicopters pop out of nowhere and start raping you, the patrols boats don't have an excuse like that though.

Another aspect of the game I noticed is when you use a tactical attachment or a suppressor at long range and since the projectile is sub-sonic they hear and try to get out of the way. ;)

PrkChpXprss said:

I'll get to it eventually

HA! Easy? Don't think so. But if you want to make it harder...try playing with an 8600GTS. Makes it a lot more difficult. XFX better get my 8800GT back to me asap.

Yep I found it too easy even on hardest mode. Suit is overpowered

My favorite part was fighting aliens

Yep I found it too easy even on hardest mode. Suit is overpowered

My favorite part was fighting aliens

Dono... depends how people play I guess... In some situations I was almost dead playing on medium.

that kind of stuff is impossible after the first level

True,very true,the game is very much the challenge after the first few levels.I found Farcry easier on the harder difficulty levels then Crysis is on Hard or Delta.

Delta can be,no,is impossible in some areas.. I know there are better players out there on the net,but jesus come on.I at times want to see proof with my own eyes.The suit is no where near as bufffed up as you'd think it'd be.Past the first few missions running into soldiers with full body armor and thick strong helmets is common (and in large groups that seemingly communicate well).So you can forget about easy head shots.And yet count on ambushes galore.

This isnt Deus Ex,or Farcry where you can steady your aim with upgrades or by holding the space bar....

Not to mention the spawning of enemies right in front of you,is damn annoying.Especially in areas,you know damn well you have toally cleared out.

I loved the game but the AI is unbalanced.At least the enemy grenade throws,arent as uncannily perfect on any and all difficulty levels like it was in SF2.

That was insane.They never,ever,missed ! :mad:

Well i for one now won't be getting this game if it's that damn easy.
I might just try and give GRAW2 another go, that was bloody hard even on EASY for christ sake.

I reinstate my first post.

Game is well easy, I finished it about a week ago on Delta. Only a few places that required me to retry several times and some annoying bugs that meant i had to restart levels (the bug where the little aliens freeze in mid air grrrr).
Cool game, looking forward to new maps coming out, I think the replayability will be pretty good. Considering that the end of the game is a little disappointing.

WARNING - POSSIBLE SPOILERS

What bug is that? Have you got the TAC Cannon? You need to shoot the first 4 guns on the Alien warship first then use the TAC cannon to lock onto the left side of the Alien Warship, then the right side then the center

He's probably talking about the bug where the TAC Cannon won't lock onto the alien warship...it's a reported issue by many over at the Crysis Forums.

Well i for one now won't be getting this game if it's that damn easy.
I might just try and give GRAW2 another go, that was bloody hard even on EASY for christ sake.

Yes GRAW2 on easy is very challenging. I was shocked how much time I put into that game. Crysis on the otherhand was not that difficult. I finished Crysis in a third of the time.

Back