Crysis too easy?

I wouldnt say it was to easy, but it seems that my biggest gripe with the demo appears to have been improved. I hated how the demo enemies were dam near invincible....not anymore.

Crytek has this idiotic idea that making the game hard = giving your enemies stupidly high health points.

I got to tell you guys, maybe I just suck, but damn, I am having a hard time getting the captive out of the basecamp....where in the hell did you guys enter the base at? The freaking front gates have endless respawning enemies....trying to jump a fence usually sees me getting blown the fuck up....:eek::p

Shack on the hill has a precision rifle and a missile launcher. Use missile launcher to take out gas station and the rifle to take out any guards you can visibly see then run into the camp and jump onto the roof of the gas station you blew up and slowly pick off the enemies watching for the guns firing at you from the house with the hostage.

I'm just at the part where he tells me to blow up the gas station as distraction. I've been playing on delta mode *hardest possible* and it's easier than i expected. The difference between normal and delta isn't that huge, but i think the difficulty of delta mode is spot on with how i would like to play. I'd recommend starting on hardest difficulty and working your way down if you find it too hard.

I got to tell you guys, maybe I just suck, but damn, I am having a hard time getting the captive out of the basecamp....where in the hell did you guys enter the base at? The freaking front gates have endless respawning enemies....trying to jump a fence usually sees me getting blown the fuck up....:eek::p

I went
around to the extreme right side of the base, by the waterfall. I accidentally bumped the barbed wire which set off a mine and blew a hole in that part of the defenses. Had to kill a few KPA at that point but I got in easy afterward. Of course it started a hell of a gun battle. :D

Crytek has this idiotic idea that making the game hard = giving your enemies stupidly high health points.

:rolleyes:
I am so sick and tired of hearing you pansies bitch about this. In case you didn't notice many of the KPA soldired are wearing body armor. Some heavy body armor. The year is 2020 and I'm sure advancements, even in a virtual world, dictate that even the enemy has to have better protection. After all you have the nano suit. I suppose you want your enemies naked and painted silver so you can see them better and they fall easy? :rolleyes:

Wait till you have the run in with the KPA wearing your suit :eek: I'm sure you'll complain when they dissapear and you can't shoot them at all.

I am so sick and tired of hearing you pansies bitch about this. In case you didn't notice many of the KPA soldired are wearing body armor. Some heavy body armor. The year is 2020 and I'm sure advancements, even in a virtual world, dictate that even the enemy has to have better protection. After all you have the nano suit. I suppose you want your enemies naked and painted silver so you can see them better and they fall easy? :rolleyes:
Honestly, console gamers and people new to FPS games are constantly complaining about these dumb things. If you shoot the guy's armor, of course he'll take less damage. Shoot his head/skin and you'll do more damage.

People still expect games to have crap AI where enemies stand there for 30 seconds while they aim with their controller and shoot a few rounds while standing out in the open with a character that has better weapons and 100 times the health of enemies.

It's all in how YOU play the game...depending on your level and playing style, the game could seen easy or very hard. Get used to it.

I agree with this, but I have a freaking nanosuit, and in Armor mode I can't even take that many hits... :rolleyes:

Enjoying it so far.

I thought it was dumb that they can take so many bullets also, but really it's only if you hit them in the body armor parts of their body from a super long distance with a non-sniper gun. Otherwise they don't take much. I dunno shit about real guns but i'm guessing this is fairly realistic.

I got the hostage out the hard way, by sneaking in (also at the back fence) and using the hostage building as my fort once I cloaked/fought my way over to it. I hid under the stairs several times, fought guerilla style from open doorways and bathrooms, used cloak to go back and forth in the levels to stock up in the ammo room, and rocketed the tanks from the roof. Then once I was able to, I made a run/cloaked/ran again for the far side of the base, screw fighting all those hords of KPA.:D

Just goes to show how you can accomplish the same mission so many ways...man if I had only known about the sniper rifle and RL beforehand haha.

I agree with this, but I have a freaking nanosuit, and in Armor mode I can't even take that many hits... :rolleyes:

Enjoying it so far.

You want a fun challenge? Go through the game using just your fists (w. the exception of a few boss(s) that require something "w. a little more kick")

Nothing spells fun like chucking a KPA' trooper into a helicopter and having the game crash b/c it couldn't handle the sheer awesomeness of that situation.

Honestly, console gamers and people new to FPS games are constantly complaining about these dumb things. If you shoot the guy's armor, of course he'll take less damage. Shoot his head/skin and you'll do more damage.

People still expect games to have crap AI where enemies stand there for 30 seconds while they aim with their controller and shoot a few rounds while standing out in the open with a character that has better weapons and 100 times the health of enemies.

It's all in how YOU play the game...depending on your level and playing style, the game could seen easy or very hard. Get used to it.

Yeah well we can welcome to a different world. Now they can stop bitching about things. I've been point blank firing at KPA and heard a "clang" on several occasions and seen 'sparks' when shooting at them. What does that tell us? That they're all soft and fleshy? :rolleyes:

Enjoying it so far.

Yes but you can regenerate where they can take more damage. You take 8 hits, they take 15. They die, you wait a minute or so and walk away like you're unscathed.
Sounds fair to me. :cool:

The difficulty is just about right for me. The main thing that bothers me though is the bloody awful enemy A.I. It really is some of the worst A.I I've come across in a FPS. Enemies will blindly run around corners straight into view and moon walk backwards towards you, not even noticing you. All you need to do is send a few bullets to alert the enemy and let them come to you. Dreadful. The only thing that makes it hard is the enemy have excellent marksman skills and can pick you off as soon as you come into line of sight. Having said that the game is decent so far, nothing special. I'm up the the stage where you have to blow up the ship in harbour but I'm struggling to carry on. I'm not getting the 'one more try' feel with this game. It's become a chore to finish as it gets very repetitive very fast. 6 out of 10 for me so far, bit disappointed. FarCry was loads more fun.

Killing Koreans was great fun.... good action, very compelling. The only thing missing, was a combat knife. :D That would have made it perfect.

The alien part is the gayest thing i've ever seen, especially for a game this hyped that took 4 years to make.

I would love to play the first part over again. It would be fun trying different tactics, even though the A.I. wasn't the best. ( I loved it when I had three guys on a post, I knock out two with darts, and the third is still sitting on the ground, talking Korean to them.) But the alien part ruined the experience for me. I don't know if I wanna even start the game again after that. Absolutely dreadful ending.

Yes but you can regenerate where they can take more damage. You take 8 hits, they take 15. They die, you wait a minute or so and walk away like you're unscathed.
Sounds fair to me. :cool:
I'm not sure if you've tried this, but taking off the silencer significantly increases the damage of your weapon. In my experience it takes about 2-3 shots to kill a guy.

Wait till you have the run in with the KPA wearing your suit :eek: I'm sure you'll complain when they dissapear and you can't shoot them at all.

LOL, I just beat them senseless with my fists, it was easier.

Killing Koreans was great fun.... good action, very compelling. The only thing missing, was a combat knife. :D That would have made it perfect.
I thought that was a silly omission. It's always fun to shank the enemy.

The alien part is the gayest thing i've ever seen, especially for a game this hyped that took 4 years to make.
I was excited about this at first but reviews are saying that the alien levels are linear and pretty much corridor style action, so now I don't really care. I'll play it anyway but the excitement just isn't there. The performance issues don't help either. Sure I can play at a lower detail setting but I'd rather wait for a card that allows me to bump up the settings to play this game in all it's graphical glory.

Back OT, this game is not easy. I'm playing it on the harder setting. I forget what the mode is called, the one before the insane difficulty. It's fun though.

Help me out guys. I'm in the no gravity section and in this big chamber with two of the orange dna looking things. They come together and form 1. Where do I go from here?

Besides being a bad for gameplay, I assure you that body armor, even in fifty years for now will not stop sustained fire from rifle caliber rounds. Seriously, you are talking about bullets that will penetrate a reasonable amount of steel. Material science has a *LONG* way to go before body armor will stop rifle rounds, and even if it does, the solider in side will not be able to walk away from it.

Besides being a bad for gameplay, I assure you that body armor, even in fifty years for now will not stop sustained fire from rifle caliber rounds. Seriously, you are talking about bullets that will penetrate a reasonable amount of steel. Material science has a *LONG* way to go before body armor will stop rifle rounds, and even if it does, the solider in side will not be able to walk away from it.
This is why the precision rifle takes them down with one hit. Bullets from a M4 are 5.56 x 45 mm, and we have materials that can stop that, and the SCAR is probably about what the future M4 is.
edit: and I just beat the game.

Help me out guys. I'm in the no gravity section and in this big chamber with two of the orange dna looking things. They come together and form 1. Where do I go from here?

Keep looking around the room, theres a way out, or something orange you must shoot.

I enjoyed all of the alien aspects up until the last two fights on deck. I really ejoyed everything else but those were just not planned out.

::spoiler::

The spider one on deck was way to easy (difficulty right before delta), and annoying since in the very next bit your friends laser the ship for you to use the TAC gun...why not just target the stupid thing on deck and let me jump onboard if it hurts the ship.

The alien ship was fun and neat, the frozen world and fights out where much harder than anything else which was fun and good, the NK in their nano suits was a cool twist that never went anywhere, maybe in the next one... I liked how it went from being lone wolf into a group yet your still alone, the battles felt more emersive and fun compaired to Far Cry. Just that ending was poor IMO, could have led into that so much better. Especially since the nuke just made them stronger..why does my mini nuke do so much damage?

Baloney....current materials CAN stop rifle rounds, at least a few in a row, the only factor is human pain tolerance. It fucking HURTS even though the bullet does not penetrate. Right you are, you can't walk away from it, but you WILL survive....

In 50 years, given current bullet tech, body armor WILL exist that can take this type of punishment and let you walk away.

easy heh?

Join the Army if it aint challenging enough for ya..!

jkbtw....u must be a professional FPS player right?

Still, though the graphics are awesome and everything else about is too, I really like UT better. Call me crazy.

Game was beautiful to look at, boring to play and the ending, well fuk that shit for an ending to the most hyped game in years.

Personally I prefer cod4, but the thing that spoiled crysis for me was the shit ending the boring run to waypoint and kill repeat oh and in the options menu their is HELICOPTER control and VTOL controls, where the fuk was the helo in the game ? unless its in the multiplayer game which I have yet to try, but overall apart from looking nice it isnt that good of a game, personally far cry was the better of the 2 in my opinion, atleast it took fucking ages to complete farcry and not 2 days that it took me to finish crysis.

6/10

Baloney....current materials CAN stop rifle rounds, at least a few in a row, the only factor is human pain tolerance. It fucking HURTS even though the bullet does not penetrate. Right you are, you can't walk away from it, but you WILL survive....

In 50 years, given current bullet tech, body armor WILL exist that can take this type of punishment and let you walk away.

OK, granted, I was thinking about 7.62 rounds, not .223 rounds. Either way, no matter how good the material is, it can only spread out the force of the bullet. Ultimately, you will still have to take it, and that will hurt. It'd be like walking away from getting punched in the gut with out being ready for it.

OK, granted, I was thinking about 7.62 rounds, not .223 rounds. Either way, no matter how good the material is, it can only spread out the force of the bullet. Ultimately, you will still have to take it, and that will hurt. It'd be like walking away from getting punched in the gut with out being ready for it.

Ever seen the videos of the 2 bank robbers in LA a few years back? Full body armor, walking out in plain open ground, getting hammered by rounds from the police, and not even fazed.

I agree the fuckers are hard to kill (KPA) but the tech does exist already to let them take those rounds and still function. Not very happily...but I guess that's why they get pissed and call in backup :)

ps- LOVE the sig Obi...hehe. "BEST buy" yep, suuuure it is....

mutants, then aliens.

i think the devs pick their enemies like the scifi channel picks their plotlines.

If they'd focus very, very heavily on human AI, they wouldnt need cheesy fallbacks to brute force.

Not to easy. To laggy.

Yeah - it was fine at first, but then my performance was pretty shit... have not changed anything, but the performance has. :(

The difficulty is just about right for me. The main thing that bothers me though is the bloody awful enemy A.I. It really is some of the worst A.I I've come across in a FPS. Enemies will blindly run around corners straight into view and moon walk backwards towards you, not even noticing you. All you need to do is send a few bullets to alert the enemy and let them come to you. Dreadful. The only thing that makes it hard is the enemy have excellent marksman skills and can pick you off as soon as you come into line of sight. Having said that the game is decent so far, nothing special. I'm up the the stage where you have to blow up the ship in harbour but I'm struggling to carry on. I'm not getting the 'one more try' feel with this game. It's become a chore to finish as it gets very repetitive very fast. 6 out of 10 for me so far, bit disappointed. FarCry was loads more fun.

Well, I don't know about being repetitive. The AI can be a bit "dumb" at times, but overall it's pretty fun to fight against.

Suppose I'll add my 2 Cents aye.

Having just beat the game this morning, I will have to agree with the Thread Topic, in that I believe Crysis was a bit too easy.

I suppose I should now append the following: *Semi-Spoilers Incoming*

By and large, I abused the cloak/tree aspect cover of this game.

For instance, there was a section in the game whereby your character came to a long bridge with a helicopter in the distance and on either side of the opposing end of the bridge lay two automatics. On the entry side there was a tiny bush, just enough to hide in. I cloaked shot a road on my way in the get the enemy presence. I then cloaked in the bush and not 1, not 2, not 3, but 8 enemies run across the bridge past, my now uncloaked position in a bush, and wander off into the forest. After which I sprinted across the bridge only to cloak into yet another bush.

In fact, I did this method throughout the entire game, up until I could no longer do so, when you meet your alien friends. I probably killed a total of 50 enemies out of the hundreds there were in this game. While its nice having the option to just run past content, its a bit frustrating as it does add to the ease of the game. I'd rather the game force you into fight-or-die situtations like many games do/and did in the past. There were just too many levels in crysis where you could say: "Screw this" -- Run, and just win.

A frustrating aspect was the helicopter, no matter my cloak, no matter my heavy forest cover the damn helicopters always seemed to know where I was, bombarding me with missles and bullets. Quite upsetting.

Too add my slight-dissapointment with the ease of this game, the so called "end-boss" was far from anything "end-boss" like. Hide behind a in-destructible container with an infinite amount of missles = win. How a cool plasma cannon can destroy a air-craft carrier, but not a small container is beyond me. 4 Turrets + A Few simple enemies passes for a challenging end-game boss now adays? If so, please bring back the end-game bosses present in DOOM II. Now that was a hard level, mobs upon mobs, and you had to have pin-point accuracey shooting a missle into a small hole as you flew up and down in the air! Not this, crysis, auto-lock-onto-huge-hole-in-underside-of-alien-vessle-with-nuclear-gun crap.

Sorry if I come off a little bitter, but personally Cyrsis did not live up the hype for me. I am tired of games banking on sequels and this is exactly what crysis did. It was essentially, in my opinion, Far Cry Part 2. The most fun aspect of this game (the aliens for me) last a whopping 3 levels and ended so anti-climatically that I was left with a bitter taste. Though, I am interested in what will happen to Prophet, its very irritating that they could have just extended the game play longer and wrapped it all up. Games now adays just seems shorter and shorter. *Sigh* In the end though I sitll gave Crysis an 8.5 on my Gamespot user rating. :p

Meh, one mans opinion. =)

Back