Crysis Remastered

I've played the original at least 3 times the last 12 years. It was a pretty long campaign and I enjoyed it. But you can only play it so many times.
Honestly I'm sick of these remastered games. GTA, yes I'm pointing my fingers at you.

I might pick it up when it's on sale, no way this is worth full price.

Crysis Remastered Adds Nvidia DLSS for Increased Performance

According to Crytek, GeForce RTX owners can expect up to 40% increased performance when enabling Nvidia DLSS on supported graphics cards from the 2000 and 3000 Series...however, the patch changelog (which mentions a great number of bug fixes as listed below) also reveals that there is a known issue where some distant textures can appear blurred with DLSS enabled...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Crysis/comments/m3f8e4/crysis_remastered_pc_update_21_dlss_update/

Attachments

• CM.jpg
    CM.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 0

Crysis—“Failing to live up to expectations since November, 2007” Edition.
The game exceeded my expectations when I first played it in 2007, but I digress. This remaster is one of the console versions, not the original version, which is why it's so bad.

I liked the first 60'ish % of the game. If I can ever get it super cheap I'll probably give the remaster a try just to replay those areas. Once the aliens become the predominant enemies, I'll be Audi 5000.

I liked the first 60'ish % of the game. If I can ever get it super cheap I'll probably give the remaster a try just to replay those areas. Once the aliens become the predominant enemies, I'll be Audi 5000.
I tend to agree, but I didn't hate it as much as the last half of Far Cry. Crytek in general seems to have trouble with the conclusion of their games.

100% I replayed the original version shortly after remastered came out. Super fun and looks great until the aliens come. About what I remembered from when I last played it 10-11 years ago tbh too. It's pretty short though luckily, I think the campaign took me 6-7 hours.

If I ever play again once I get to the damn core level I'm quitting.

6 months later and they finally add DLSS support?...the Epic store exclusivity seems like a way to get the bugs fixed...by the time it hits Steam it'll be feature complete :)

Still runs like crap. Every area that I drop below 60 fps it is because I am cpu limited and that is with a 9900k...

What GPU you using?
Well that's pretty much irrelevant to what I just said as it's the CPU that is the limiting factor when I'm dropping below 60. I'm using a 2080 TI and it just drops down to 70% usage and the frame rate drops into the 50s. Digital foundry is already discussed that the game is insanely CPU limited in certain spots.

Yup, thats the conclusion of overclockers 3d

It does help low end cards such as RTX 2060 in lower resolutions

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/software/dlss_tested_-_is_it_worth_it_in_crysis_remastered/7
There are places where I drop into the 40s and gpu usage is only at 50%. This garbage is not really improved much from the original 2007 version of the game so the devs have no damn clue how to make proper use of a cpu.

EDIT: Pic below is at 1440p and is only getting 50% gpu usage with 44 fps using a 9900k and 2080 ti.

Attachments

• 1440p.png
    1440p.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
There are places where I drop into the 40s and gpu usage is only at 50%. This garbage is not really improved much from the original 2007 version of the game so the devs have no damn clue how to make proper use of a cpu.

EDIT: Pic below is at 1440p and is only getting 50% gpu usage with 44 fps using a 9900k and 2080 ti.

Yup, this is what I (and many others) were hitting on earlier in the thread after the game came out. The only reason Crysis needed a remaster was for multi-threading support for much better performance, not any graphical upgrades as the game still holds up graphically pretty well today. Yet they doubled down on the remaster and gave us the same exact game with only 1-2 cores/threads being utilized. It completely baffles me and is why I haven't bought the game still.

I'm guessing that no system can currently play this at 4K/60 with the details cranked? OC'd versions of the 11900K + 3900 would be the fastest combo for gaming, right?

I'm guessing that no system can currently play this at 4K/60 with the details cranked? OC'd versions of the 11900K + 3900 would be the fastest combo for gaming, right?
The game is too CPU limited to matter so 4K 60 doesn't mean crap because you can't maintain 60 at 720P. People used to argue with me on the original game always talking about they needed a faster video card and never could get through their head that it was irrelevant because you're going to drop into the 50s and 40s all over the place anyway. The developers for this game have no clue how to properly use a CPU and it is an absolute joke that the fastest CPUs on the planet cannot maintain 60. FFS even something like a 4790k should be getting well over 60 FPS in this game.

Wow! Very impressed with DLSS at 4K. 65" QLED Samsung, 120hz + VRR + HDR :happy:. AMAZING is not a good enough word. Finally got a wireless mechanical keyboard for the playroom area. Started another play through after finishing Mafie Definitive Edition (Amazing game in itself). The only problem is any FPS overlay causes flashing on the screen, getting some good smooth, tear free framerates. The Samsung QLED works well once setup with all the clunky menus.

Wow! Very impressed with DLSS at 4K. 65" QLED Samsung, 120hz + VRR + HDR :happy:. AMAZING is not a good enough word. Finally got a wireless mechanical keyboard for the playroom area. Started another play through after finishing Mafie Definitive Edition (Amazing game in itself). The only problem is any FPS overlay causes flashing on the screen, getting some good smooth, tear free framerates. The Samsung QLED works well once setup with all the clunky menus.
LOL who cares when you can't even maintain 60 FPS due to CPU optimization issues in the game anyway? Perhaps look up a few posts and you will see even a 9900k drops into the freaking 40s in many spots so what good does DLSS do in that situation?

LOL who cares when you can't even maintain 60 FPS due to CPU optimization issues in the game anyway? Perhaps look up a few posts and you will see even a 9900k drops into the freaking 40s in many spots so what good does DLSS do in that situation?
The patch also fixed some of those issues. Not seeing anything going below 60 FPS. The big CPU users in the game settings are "Objects, Vegetation, Shadows". The 5800x is not having any issue in this game.

The patch also fixed some of those issues. Not seeing anything going below 60 FPS. The big CPU users in the game settings are "Objects, Vegetation, Shadows". The 5800x is not having any issue in this game.
I don't believe that for a minute and even digital foundry said there are still frame rate drops below 60. even if they wouldn't have mentioned it I would know there's no way possible because your CPU is most certainly not 50% faster than a 9900k.

I don't believe that for a minute and even digital foundry said there are still frame rate drops below 60. even if they wouldn't have mentioned it I would know there's no way possible because your CPU is most certainly not 50% faster than a 9900k.
Believe what you want since you just know without testing. Settings have a huge factor. DLSS, 4K, 5800x, 3090 works well, plays great, looks great.

Believe what you want since you just know without testing. Settings have a huge factor. DLSS, 4K, 5800x, 3090 works well, plays great, looks great.
Maybe I was misunderstanding you. So you're saying you did reduce some of the CPU heavy settings? If so then yeah I guess 60 FPS would not be an issue but if you're talking about running max settings then I know there's no way you can keep 60 FPS in the very CPU intensive parts of the game.

Maybe I was misunderstanding you. So you're saying you did reduce some of the CPU heavy settings? If so then yeah I guess 60 FPS would not be an issue but if you're talking about running max settings then I know there's no way you can keep 60 FPS in the very CPU intensive parts of the game.
Yes.

Well after flashing 3090 bios and firmware and switching on Rebar in the motherboard bios, Rebar is on, Crysis Remaster crashes when trying to load a saved/checkpoint. Boo Hoo. Will have to tackle that later and try with that setting off.

Crysis Remastered 2.1.2 PC Update Adds Experimental 'Ray Tracing Boost Mode'

Crytek has just dropped its latest update for Crysis Remastered, and its big new feature is the experimental Ray Tracing Boost Mode...the goal of RT Boost Mode is to amp up the game’s reflections and other effects without affecting performance in a big way

-RT reflections have been enabled on nearly all surfaces in game
-Ray randomization has enabled for proper support of rough surfaces
-About 5% of specular reflectance has been added by default to all surfaces

https://www.reddit.com/r/Crysis/comments/n15onz/crysis_remastered_pc_update_212/

Crysis Remastered 2.1.2 PC Update Adds Experimental 'Ray Tracing Boost Mode'

Crytek has just dropped its latest update for Crysis Remastered, and its big new feature is the experimental Ray Tracing Boost Mode...the goal of RT Boost Mode is to amp up the game’s reflections and other effects without affecting performance in a big way

-RT reflections have been enabled on nearly all surfaces in game
-Ray randomization has enabled for proper support of rough surfaces
-About 5% of specular reflectance has been added by default to all surfaces

https://www.reddit.com/r/Crysis/comments/n15onz/crysis_remastered_pc_update_212/
Sounds rather lackluster compared to what 4A just did with Metro Exodus :(

What wireless keyboard are you using? Interested in a similar couch tv setup

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Still runs like crap. Every area that I drop below 60 fps it is because I am cpu limited and that is with a 9900k...
Actually, I have a similar setup to yours. I'm on a 2080ti with a 10700k. There are settings to get gpu usage up to full. I see about 85-99 percent with these settings. This is at 1440p@144hz. Objects and vegetation set to low(now medium) doesn't seem to have that much of a lower picture quality impact but get my gpu to get almost full used. Edit, I set objects to medium and gpu usage was still 85-99.

Crysis-Remastered-2021-05-08-17-48-07-354.png

Crysis-Remastered-2021-05-08-17-48-09-262.png

Crysis-Remastered-2021-05-08-17-49-05-228.png

Crysis-Remastered-2021-05-08-17-49-14-312.png

Crysis-Remastered-2021-05-08-17-50-46-276.png

Crysis-Remastered-2021-05-08-17-51-34-752.png

Crysis-Remastered-2021-05-08-17-51-54-948.png

Crysis-Remastered-2021-05-08-17-58-36-054.png

Crysis-Remastered-2021-05-08-17-58-48-715.png

Last edited:
I wonder how it would run on a [email protected] and a pair of 980TI's. I'm guessing SLI support is lacking, as per the usual these days.

EDIT: I guess the real question is, can it look better and run better than Crysis 1 with the right settings? There's probably only 1 way to answer than question.

Last edited:
I wonder how it would run on a [email protected] and a pair of 980TI's. I'm guessing SLI support is lacking, as per the usual these days.

EDIT: I guess the real question is, can it look better and run better than Crysis 1 with the right settings? There's probably only 1 way to answer than question.
I think I read somewhere that low objects in remastered are high in the OG crysis. But I dont remember.

Back