Crysis Remastered

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1250734400830148608

So basically Crysis with the latest mods installed? Will people still be bitching that it is unoptimised trash and was a great game until the shitty aliens showed up? Only time will tell...
"With the latest mods installed." I don't know how you can say this when there isn't any other information available besides a placeholder website someone stumbled onto. All leaks point to it being on the latest version of CryEngine, which is significantly different from CryEngine 2 that the original game used.

"With the latest mods installed." I don't know how you can say this when there isn't any other information available besides a placeholder website someone stumbled onto. All leaks point to it being on the latest version of CryEngine, which is significantly different from CryEngine 2 that the original game used.

Just snarky cynicism based on the fact that Crytek hasn't released anything noteworthy in years.

yea it wouldnt make much sense for them not to use the newest game engine.

Wanna talk about it? Unburden yourself! Clearly you have an internal turmoil based on what other people think about the game.

Nah not really, just find it funny that people still bitch about those things even to this day when discussing the game.

Well at least it looks better than modded Crysis :p

Don't know that I can be bothered replaying it even though I loved it the first time.

Reactions: blert
like this
Nah not really, just find it funny that people still bitch about those things even to this day when discussing the game.

So people should only talk positively about it when discussing their thoughts on it years later? Those are the two biggest problems with the game. Most other problems with it (outside of the issues it's had on modern systems) are pretty minor in comparison.

So people should only talk positively about it when discussing their thoughts on it years later?

Yes that's exactly what I am saying, I am so glad someone around here understands!

Those are the two biggest problems with the game. Most other problems with it (outside of the issues it's had on modern systems) are pretty minor in comparison.

Not really, Crysis was ahead of its time in terms of the visual fidelity it was pushing and most the bitching emanated from a group of users trying to run it at maximum specs on crappy hardware. Even to this day there are visual aspects and features of Crysis which stand up to modern games .

Even just waiting one GPU cycle massively improved performance. I had no problems playing Crysis at 1080P on a GTX 280 at the time, albeit with no AA or SSOA.

As for the complaints about the aliens that, much like the complaints about the trigens in Farcry, was a matter of taste and not something reflected in the glowing review scores Crysis received at the time.

And that's not to say that Crysis was above criticism, because it certainly suffered from an uninspiring plot, inconsistent level design, poor pacing at times, an anticlimactic ending, a boring boss fight and terribly implemented MP.

I did say noteworthy. Compared to Crytek's history of blockbuster AAA releases, Hunt barely registers on the radar.
It has sold over an estimated 2 million copies on PC, and it was just released on consoles this year. The original Crysis sold around 3 million copies across all platforms.

It has sold over an estimated 2 million copies on PC, and it was just released on consoles this year.

I don't know where you are pulling those figures from, but in any event according to steam stats average monthly players are not indicative of a wildly popular game.

The original Crysis sold around 3 million copies across all platforms.

You are wrong, as at May 2010 it had sold 3 million copies on the PC alone.

https://web.archive.org/web/2013011...en.de/mm/Konrad_Zuse_Kongress_Yerli_Final.pdf

It only released on Xbox 360 and PS3 in October 2011.

Yes that's exactly what I am saying, I am so glad someone around here understands!

Not really, Crysis was ahead of its time in terms of the visual fidelity it was pushing and most the bitching emanated from a group of users trying to run it at maximum specs on crappy hardware. Even to this day there are visual aspects and features of Crysis which stand up to modern games .

Even just waiting one GPU cycle massively improved performance. I had no problems playing Crysis at 1080P on a GTX 280 at the time, albeit with no AA or SSOA.

As for the complaints about the aliens that, much like the complaints about the trigens in Farcry, was a matter of taste and not something reflected in the glowing review scores Crysis received at the time.

And that's not to say that Crysis was above criticism, because it certainly suffered from an uninspiring plot, inconsistent level design, poor pacing at times, an anticlimactic ending, a boring boss fight and terribly implemented MP.

I'm not going to rag on the devs too hard for not accurately guessing where CPUs would go, but even with as good as the game still looks it takes a lot more power to run on modern hardware than it should. Crysis 3 both looks and runs better. Newer versions of the engine just handle things better. I'm really looking forward to seeing the remaster and seeing what they end up doing to make the game both look better and run better.

I'm not going to rag on the devs too hard for not accurately guessing where CPUs would go, but even with as good as the game still looks it takes a lot more power to run on modern hardware than it should. Crysis 3 both looks and runs better. Newer versions of the engine just handle things better. I'm really looking forward to seeing the remaster and seeing what they end up doing to make the game both look better and run better.

Don't disagree that Crysis 3 looks and run better, but it was also released almost 6 years later and developed as a multiplatform title. Could it have been equally as demanding and forward looking as Crysis 1 if Crytek had developed it only for PC and adopted the same forward looking approach? In my view yes, but at the same time game development had substantially shifted away from PC only development at that time so we were never going to get such a game anyway.

Last edited:
Normally games I consider good are games I play over and over again, Crysis was like 5 times if not more. Last few times I skipped about 1/4 of the last part. What made the game awesome was just how many different ways you could approach something, from blowing up towers which crashed on other things, to swimming, boats, vehicles, foot, different directions, different suit abilities. One big DROOL after another. Would be nice if they really improved the last parts of the game, does not matter the first 1/2 to 3/4 makes this game a classic. I also enjoyed both Crysis 2 and 3 but only played those twice each.

Don't disagree that Crysis 3 looks and run better, but it was also released almost 6 years later and developed as a multiplatform title. Could it have been equally as demanding and forward looking as Crysis 1 if Crytek had developed it only for PC and adopted the same forward looking approach? In my view yes, but at the same time game development had substantially shifted away from PC only development at that time so we were never going to get such a game anyway.

From what I read, Crysis 1 was one of the most pirated games of it's time (which imo the high system needs might have something to do with) so they opted to got for PC and console so they would actually make money which imo makes sense, what I did notice in Crysis 3 was that the game was seriously gimped in certain area's probably due to the lack of resources on the consoles and and such certain area's felt pretty barren.

I did however only play Crysis 1 after 2 &3 after I got it for free somewhere and found it pretty lacking, then again I have never been a fan of open world games.

Mechanically it was a fun game. I enjoyed Crysis 3’s single player campaign. But I have always thought it was a tech demo platform more than anything else.

...so they opted to got for PC and console so they would actually make money which imo makes sense...

My vague recollection is neither sold particularly well, but I can't find any concrete sale numbers online anymore.

I'd actually buy this for 5 euro or so but not feeling too confident about it since Hunt: Showdown was such a garbage game with atrocious performance

As always ill buy it during the first sale of 30 us bucks or less....But by then well have plenty of reviews to read. I wonder how they redo the story, so it keeps us interested?

As always ill buy it during the first sale of 30 us bucks or less....But by then well have plenty of reviews to read. I wonder how they redo the story, so it keeps us interested?

It's a remaster, not a remake. They're not going to redo the story or anything, just make it look better and maybe tweak a few mechanics or fix some bugs.

It's a remaster, not a remake. They're not going to redo the story or anything, just make it look better and maybe tweak a few mechanics or fix some bugs.
guess i was kinda hoping they did like with warhead....(showing us a different angle of the same story) but ill buy it regardless

If they included Crysis Warhead I'd be very happy. That was a bit more on rails but still very fun.

"Gameplay" trailer to debut this Wednesday, July 1.

It'll be cool to see what they've done with the game. The game to this day still looks great, but if they added some Ray-Tracing, and other newer effects then that'd be awesome. I just hope they don't charge $60 for this (although they probably will), but if they do then perhaps a discount for people who already have Crysis in their digital libraries? I remember when Red Faction Guerrilla got remastered the new version just showed up in Steam library which was super nice.

Last edited:
Never played the first one, but put some time into the second. Looks good. I might be on board, if it runs decently, ala crysis 2.

Edit:

If this goes free for an upgrade like other games, I'm in, those sobs.

Microsoft Store launcher? I have two good games on their Recoil and GOW 4 both uninstalled because the launcher is garbage.

The trailer looks good but honestly it doesn't look that much better than the original. Guess that's a testimony to how great the original looked that it still holds up today.

I'm curious to see the pricing on this now. I don't think it's worth $60 for just some polish. Hopefully I'm wrong and there's a lot more "remastered" than what the trailer showed.

Back