Crysis Remastered

They have implemented multithreading support through the various patches. I think it gets spread over up to 8 threads now.
Well it clearly does not work worth a damn as I already showed here in this thread with cpu limited drops in the mid 40s even with a 9900k. And I really doubt they magically figured out how to fix those issues with todays patch either but I will check it out later.

EDIT: Ok todays patch helped a lot. The same spots where I was dropping to 44 fps I now only drop to 67 fps. That is still very poor and gpu usage does drop a whole lot still but at least staying about 60 fps is possible now from a cpu standpoint on Can It Run Crysis settings.

Last edited:
Yeah, a 50 percent improvement is like nothing, man.
50% improvement in one spot when the starting point there was so low to begin with still results in relatively poor performance and my gpu is just twiddling its thumbs. Bottom line is dropping to 67 fps from a cpu limited standpoint in this old game is a joke.

yeah i just saw on youtube gameplay and its good improvement on rtx 3090 after update. But i am bored of this game. Maybe should i download again,hehe

Can confirm this update does indeed improve performance, most of the time the game now fully utilizes my GPU resulting in a more stable framerate, before that GPU usage was all over the place resulting in stuttering and inconsistent framerates. Took Crytek bloody long enough to fix this performance issue which plagued the game at launch, though Crytek would never fix it.

Yes i run game, DLSS QUALITY, V.HIGH all rest. Getting in first mission between 77-94% usage and much more fps than before. Its very playable now 1440P. Rtx 3090 i have.

In moment when you get out from jungle and there is first sun and that sea + 2 small buildings down. Was gettin 35fps even with v.high now gettin 85 on that spot.

Last edited:
I played around with this a little a month ago and was able to pull 60+ FPS with mostly high settings via a couple items that seemed to be particularly resource hungry. It's still available via GamePass/EA Play if anyone wants to give it a shot. It's still Crysis for better or worse. This version looks about as good as games can look one second and 15 years old the next, which makes it a weird experience.

I played around with this a little a month ago and was able to pull 60+ FPS with mostly high settings via a couple items that seemed to be particularly resource hungry. It's still available via GamePass/EA Play if anyone wants to give it a shot. It's still Crysis for better or worse. This version looks about as good as games can look one second and 15 years old the next, which makes it a weird experience.
its worth it now

Its well optimized now but gettin some gpu usage drops to 77% and again to 90% when moving sometimes. Also second mission its much more demanding and now minimum fps is 77 with all V.HIGH ( not Can It Run Crysis ), DLSS QUALITY and 1440P. 77 fps is when looking at distance to large terrain in that hill,near lake and bridge :)Before update had there 45fps

Last edited:
Hi. Today i was playing and some white line flickeref for 1 second. I dont catch on screen. But i edit on paint . Something like that:
opop.jpg

Is this gpu issue or ignore that? Happened once.

Hi. Today i was playing and some white line flickeref for 1 second. I dont catch on screen. But i edit on paint . Something like that:
View attachment 447634

gpu is failing, but playing crysis remastered voids all warranty. sorry :(

nahh sorry that's too mean of me. it's fine ignore it

just listen to yourself!...it flickered for 1 second AND you didn't catch it while playing (only when playing it back on YouTube)...you're too OCD about the tiniest of issues

just listen to yourself!...it flickered for 1 second AND you didn't catch it while playing (only when playing it back on YouTube)...you're too OCD about the tiniest of issues
i added in paint just to show

Eh gpu usage after some time of play is still bugged. Starting game and 95% usage, f exp: 100fps. Then after fight drops to 80% usage and 70fps on the same spots. Must restart game. Engine

I just wanted to follow up to show how massively cpu limited this game is. I tested in the same spot where I was cpu limited to under 70 fps on the 9900k and now I have 130 fps on the 13700k. It is still quite cpu limited though as gpu usage there is only 80% but it is amazing to nearly double the framerate going from a 9900k to a 13700k. And to be clear that is not just some single dip as its an entire area that is cpu limited in one direction.

Last edited:
Back