Crysis Optimization

O-P-M

Gawd
Anybody have good websites or a personal config or setup I could use.

Game doesn't look that good but I only have it on mainstream.

I tried the CUDDA or something optimization somebody posted on these boards that I found thru searching but it didn't work for some reason.
7750 @ 3Ghz
4870 1GB
1920 x 1080
4GB 1066mhz

Think I could go gamer?

My 4870 will overclock very well, but I figured that the CPU was already bottlenecking it already.

#1, turn that resolution down.

#2 go low/mainstream on shader, post-processing, physics and shadows

The rest leave at gamer/medium, you should be fine.

i assume you're talking about Crysis Warhead since you're using terms like 'mainstream' settings. i use the highest playable settings from the [H] Crysis: Warhead Gameplay Perf and IQ review.

so assuming 1920x1200 is your native res, i would use:
Texture Quality: Mainstream
Shaders Quality: Gamer
Water Quality: Mainstream
Everything Else: Mainstream

i've found that most custom configs sacrifice certain IQ settings to boost others. IMO it's best to just stick with the out of box Crysis and play at the best settings your system allows for.

lol when i saw crysis and optimization in the same sentence i had to start laughing...

but yeah.. id say your cpu will bottle neck you before the card does.. and if you are playing crysis warhead(which mind you is butt ugly compared to the first crysis) then porter's settings are most likely a good starting point..

btw there is a benchmark tool out there for crysis and crysis warhead so you can pick certain settings.. do a couple passes through the benchmark to find the sweet spot in the settings.. a lot easier then going into the game.. change a couple settings.. play 10-15 minutes realize it looks horrible.. going back changing the settings and playing some more..

Thanks everybody.

I just started playing Far Cry 2 and it seems to run a lot better and look prettier to me.

I'll get back to Warhead at some point I'm sure.

but yeah.. id say your cpu will bottle neck you before the card does.. and if you are playing crysis warhead(which mind you is butt ugly compared to the first crysis) then porter's settings are most likely a good starting point..

...What? First CoD4 looks better on consoles than most PCs, now this...

You really have no idea, do you?

and if you are playing crysis warhead(which mind you is butt ugly compared to the first crysis)

Lol, wut? Crysis Warhead is the exact same engine made by the exact same people. If anything the graphics have improved from the original Crysis.

warhead does not look as good as crysis. I think they just change the setting, to make people feel better about themselves.

I played through crysis at 1440x900 with a lesser gfx card than that, and it looked awesome. Sadly, I used a custom shader and have no idea what the preset equivalent would be.

Better not be mistaken then.
Please confirm before posting :rolleyes:

just checked, it is the same one ;)

taken from his installation notes :rolleyes:

- IF YOUR ON VISTA! You need to DISABLE the UAC!
The installer WILL KICK YOU in the face if it's on. Yes I made it do that on purpose.

I'm not sure how that presents a problem, its only for installation.
Turn it back on again after installation :rolleyes:

Thanks everybody.

I just started playing Far Cry 2 and it seems to run a lot better and look prettier to me.

I'll get back to Warhead at some point I'm sure.

Go see an eyedoctor...seriously.

Why? Cause in my opinion Far Cry 2 runs better and IMO looks better then Crysis Warhead does on MY computer.

For some reason I doubt an eye doctor has heard of Far Cry or Crysis, but I'll ask.

i think Far Cry 2 looks really good. it's tough to say which one looks better - FC2 at max detail or Crysis at ~75% detail.

nothing looks better than Crysis at max detail though, IMO.

Why? Cause in my opinion Far Cry 2 runs better and IMO looks better then Crysis Warhead does on MY computer.

For some reason I doubt an eye doctor has heard of Far Cry or Crysis, but I'll ask.

FarCry2 dosn't hold a candle to Crysis in regard to IQ...don't blame the game for a performance lacking PC.

Don't believe I ever blamed anything.

I don't care that much about IQ compared to a game running smoothly and looking good.

Sorry. My bad.

Back