• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crysis 2...

Hi, my name is Mark...





...and I liked Crysis. I also liked Crysis: Warhead. I am also looking forward to Crysis 2.

I think they have meds that can help with that. ;)

Personally I stopped playing Crysis at a time when I was getting crashes for too many bodies piling up in a specific area, (texture sretching etc...) and then CryTek decides...Meeh screw those that bought the game; we're not going to support it anymore.

Now how exactily does this make me want to buy any other products from them?

Beyond that yup it was purty... but the gameplay was just meh... I thought we got away from AI based trigger points with the Doom series but I guess not. I found a location where I was able to sinpe multiple targets from a hill top and none of the others in the group reacted as each of their comrads went down... I moved to a closer point and they started running up after me... bad design.
 
i loved crysis.. The graphics were so great that i would spend some of my time just walking around looking at the trees and just saying WOW.. .
 
Hi, my name is Mark...





...and I liked Crysis. I also liked Crysis: Warhead. I am also looking forward to Crysis 2.

Same here. While I have a few complaints with each game, I enjoyed them overall. I enjoyed them just as I enjoyed FarCry.
 
I personally am looking forward to another Crysis, be it in the Jungle in a city or where ever. Im a graphics whore. Bite me.
 
I personally am looking forward to another Crysis, be it in the Jungle in a city or where ever. Im a graphics whore. Bite me.

Me too, but for Crysis 2, I would like more variation in the environment and/or setting.
 
Same here. While I have a few complaints with each game, I enjoyed them overall. I enjoyed them just as I enjoyed FarCry.
I thought it was a much stronger experience than Far Cry. Stronger narrative (still not saying much there though ;)), better gameplay, and the aliens were far, far more fun and convincing enemies than Far Cry's trigens.

Far Cry became un-fun about the time you started fighting fat guys with plastic faces and metal rocket launchers sticking out of their arms, all supposedly the result of "genetic mutation." I'd love to know what gene sequences that mad scientist altered to make them grow metal rocket launchers and take a full magazine of rifle rounds to the head.

Flying extraterrestrials are just much more convincing as damage sponges.
 
I thought it was a much stronger experience than Far Cry. Stronger narrative (still not saying much there though ;)), better gameplay, and the aliens were far, far more fun and convincing enemies than Far Cry's trigens.

Far Cry became un-fun about the time you started fighting fat guys with plastic faces and metal rocket launchers sticking out of their arms, all supposedly the result of "genetic mutation." I'd love to know what gene sequences that mad scientist altered to make them grow metal rocket launchers and take a full magazine of rifle rounds to the head.

Flying extraterrestrials are just much more convincing as damage sponges.

I've started Far Cry about 15 times, and I always lose interest and stop playing when the mutants show up. What a yawn-fest.
 
An interesting things is, i find many, many people say the same thing. Why crytek doesn't listen I don't know.

If they had made it so that you joined forces once the new enemy came on the scene fine, but why would people keep trying to kill you when a far greater threat came along i don't know, never was plausible.

The odd thing is, it seemed perfectly alright in Half Life, it seemed perfectly plausible for the military to try and wipe out all evidence of aliens and the people working on the secret project or at least it did to me.

I just feel that a simple shooter would be far better rather than their usual attempts at a story, why not just hunting down a mad scientist or a rogue north korean general with a nuke or something.
 
Not this year, that's disappointing.

I wonder how the PC version with fare this time out now it is a cross platform release. Obviously there are going to be concessions, the original Crysis will probably still be the benchmark for graphics. At least it should run nicely this time out!
 
Really? Rendered in all it's 600p glory?

I think you must be confused.

I have seen other console tards trying to mount this argument. How you can compare the splodgy, aliased, low textured mess to a PC running it at above 1080P with AA and AF is mind boggling. Comparing the console version to the PC version is like night and day.
 
Not this year, that's disappointing.

I wonder how the PC version with fare this time out now it is a cross platform release. Obviously there are going to be concessions, the original Crysis will probably still be the benchmark for graphics. At least it should run nicely this time out!

I watched an interview by Cevat Yerli and he said
There is a high end PC research that is improving as well on Cryengine 3 it's not just console impreovements but also high end PC improvements

So I would imagine Cryengine 3 for consoles would be basically to bring as much of Cryengine 2 over to console but Cryngine 3 also allows them to make improvements over Cryengine 2 for high end PC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igQqEWsXlsU
 
Same here. While I have a few complaints with each game, I enjoyed them overall. I enjoyed them just as I enjoyed FarCry.
I haven't quite finished the original and haven't played warhead yet, but so far I agree. They definitely have a ton of gameplay elements in common, so Crysis felt "familiar" right off the bat. The pacing seems a little better as well, and the addition of what amounts to super powers definitely ups the ante.
 
can't wait for all the PC goodies of CryEngine3.. i'll defintely upgrade my video card for this one
 
Add me to those who enjoyed the game play and graphics of Crysis. It doesn't hurt that I waited to pick up a used copy for $10.
 
Back
Top