Crysis 2 multiplayer demo headed to pc!

you guys are funny, if the game looked anything liked that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2EGFQByAuc you would bitch that it runs at 20-30fps etc, now you bitch because it looks decent-very good and runs at 100fps at the same time.

ever played the uncharted series ?

we got frostbite 2.0 and unreal engine 3.971, i'm sure cry engine 3 has a lot of potential, all you have to do is wait for the modding tools to get released and then let the community do its magic.

Uncharted is beautiful but the actual on screen explorable jungles were very limited, corridor areas like Tomb Raider. It wasn't a big almost sandbox jungle like was available in many Crysis 1 levels.

Uncharted also runs at 720p with no AA.

Last edited:
Lots of little details involving Crysis 2 are starting to bug me, and I'm actually one of the people that doesn't mind the direction they've taken.
Still, the buggy demos (for all 3 platforms), the MP focus, the lack of a pre-load, the lack of communication on DX11, etc. really makes me wonder.
I think Dragon Age 2 might've just killed my hope for the PC platform.

My hope for the PC platform died when Origin, Interplay, Westwood Studios, and old Bioware closed.

We'll see how you feel when Red Orchestra 2 and Witcher 2 come out. :)

I'll definitely hope so. I really do favor performance over graphical horsepower, but so many other things about Crysis 2 just don't seem right.
Dragon Age 2 was butchered even from a console point of view.
I think the guys at Epic are "consolizing" PC games in the right ways, though.

So who here is day one on this? Any takers? I would have done this... and still might... were it not for DA 2 and Shogun 2, both of which I've only just begun.

Then again, in DA 2 I've reached a natural break. Now might be a good time to pause and appreciate. The thing is, I still don't think the original Crysis was really all that. It didn't do what Half Life 2 did for me in its day.

Ah well, we'll see what type of mood I'm in. I can spend money on gaming because I don't have a wife sucking me dry.

I enjoyed Crysis and loved Far Cry, but this is not a day one for me. Partly because I'm just not that into FPS at the moment, but also because I don't like the direction that Crytek is taking this and the price tag. I'll probably pick it up eventually... maybe some months down the line.

Also, I hope those of you hoping for a DX11 patch won't be too disappointed when that doesn't happen. What incentive do they have? It won't increase sales one iota... and even worse it doesn't do anything for the primary console platforms. The best you can hope for is for it to be included in a Warhead type sequel/mission pack. IMO of course.

Honestly though, DX in general is a bit of a bust. This will likely be the last DX.

So who here is day one on this? Any takers? I would have done this... and still might... were it not for DA 2 and Shogun 2, both of which I've only just begun.

Then again, in DA 2 I've reached a natural break. Now might be a good time to pause and appreciate. The thing is, I still don't think the original Crysis was really all that. It didn't do what Half Life 2 did for me in its day.

I'll buy it day 1 if I can get it for, say, $60AUD or less (RRP for PC games out here is usually $100AUD, and I've seen preorders for Crysis at $79AUD). Otherwise I'll wait until I can pick it up on a steam sale in the future.

I wasn't a big fan of the original Crysis either, I thought it had a lot of potential but was poorly executed.

Back