Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked

stupid consoles this is all their fault! ................ I'm gonna go play NBA 2K11 on my ps3 :rolleyes:

The Crytek devs are basically telling the PC community that the console business is where the real moneys at. It's obvious they spent ALL their time developing Crysis 2 for the Xbox 360 then ported it to the PS3 and PC. Devs like Valve and Blizzard rake in the big bucks by catering to PC gamers so the real problem is Cryteks inability to deliver a gaming experience that warrents our full attention.

Is it too much to ask for a development company to have a decent multi gpu machine to test this shit on?

I mean really, if a gaming dev has a machine then then your typical [H] gamer with multi gpu setup, then why bother to test at all.

Let me guess...they'll ignore feedback and piracy will be blamed for their crap PC sales?

Doubt it, they blamed piracy and the game being too much of a system crusher and too advanced for prior sales.

If they are smart they'll conclude it's not worth bothering with PC gaming like EPIC and others have, and just move on.

The Crytek devs are basically telling the PC community that the console business is where the real moneys at. It's obvious they spent ALL their time developing Crysis 2 for the Xbox 360 then ported it to the PS3 and PC. Devs like Valve and Blizzard rake in the big bucks by catering to PC gamers so the real problem is Cryteks inability to deliver a gaming experience that warrents our full attention.

Devs like Valve and Blizzard also do not push technical boundaries which helps them generate great sales. Which is the future and the only workable business model.

Yes I can when it's Crytek that released the game with an issue that makes the game all but unplayable for people with multiple GPUs, but which a member of the community was able to largely resolve in a couple days, by creating a small program to adjust graphics options (similar to what most PC games come with!)

Remember even Crytek said the flicker/flutter issue was one thier end and not the GPU makers. Beyond that shouldn't Crytek be the one responsible that the people they are selling their game to will actually be able to play it as long as their system meetings the system requirements?

What do you want them to do? If AMD and Nvidia refuse to support multi-GPU setups in the game they can't really make them. With no XFire or SLI profiles out there is no real XFire or SLI support for the game. Its up to Nvidia and AMD to release profile updates for new games, so no you can't blame all of it on Crytek.

So, you want me to buy a generic fps with mediocre dx9 graphics that was designed for console? This game won't be worth the bandwidth to torrent.

I didn't realize DX11 was needed to make C2 look good.

Its not. The game is already one of the best looking games on the PC. I'm not sure why people even care about DX11. The people bitching about it seem to be the ones bitching about the game in general anyway.

Crytek clearly has shown their hatred of the PC game market at this point and in all likelihood will not develop another PC game again and go straight to consoles from now on. I just wish they were honest about it.

I've come to the point where I could care less about the dx11 patch, unicorn that it might be.
I beat the SP, am mildly enjoying the MP, and for what it's worth, it was a fun ride with good graphics. For the $20 I paid for the game I'm satisfied.

Am I pissed Crytek lied to us? Hell yea. Am I disappointed that it does not flex the muscle of my system? yes.

Will a buy another cerytek game? No.

Devs like Valve and Blizzard also do not push technical boundaries which helps them generate great sales. Which is the future and the only workable business model.

You must be joking. Valve is as close to the forefront of technical advances as they can be without being id Software or Epic Games. Were you not around for all the HL2 tech videos showing off reflections and refractions and such? Then with Lost Coast for HDR support. Then Portal as they had to deal with the difficult rendering tricks to get that to work. Frankly, Portal 2 looks incredible with the physics and particle engine they have built.

Starcraft 2 may not be DX11, but it does look good and run fast, and Blizzard uses a lot of technical tricks and expertise to achieve that on what today would be considered moderate gamer hardware.

Just because a game doesn't have an "extreme" graphics option that chugs along at 2 fps on a GTX 590 SLI doesn't mean the game isn't pushing technical boundaries.

I really wanted to get into this game at launch. I'm glad I checked the [H] first.

I'm really disappointed about this mess. I love sci fi shooters. Guess I'll have to wait for Crysis 2 Warhead or whatever when they make everyone pay for a patch again.

I will buy it when its price drops do US$ 29,00 (or less) on Steam.

if you look around you can already find it for that price...that's what I did.

In retrospect this POS isn't worth $2.90 though. Crytek shit the bed on this one...

Is it just me or are the graphics regressing in each Crysis iteration? We've gone from "HOLY SHIT" to "Not as good, but still HOLY SHIT" to "meh" in Crysis, Crysis: Warhead, and Crysis 2, respectively.

If Crytek keeps this up, we'll have Quake 1 like graphics by the time Crysis 5 is released, if they'll make it to 5 (I bet Crytek will "promise" eventual 3DFX support for PC gamers, too).

Is it just me or are the graphics regressing in each Crysis iteration? We've gone from "HOLY SHIT" to "Not as good, but still HOLY SHIT" to "meh" in Crysis, Crysis: Warhead, and Crysis 2, respectively.

If Crytek keeps this up, we'll have Quake 1 like graphics by the time Crysis 5 is released, if they'll make it to 5 (I bet Crytek will "promise" eventual 3DFX support for PC gamers, too).

One of the best looking games on the market is "meh"? Really people? Yes it looks worse than Crysis and Warhead, but christ its still a damn good looking game. Outside of Warhead and the original the only games I think look better than Crysis 2 are Metro and Just Cause 2. Of course I never considered Crysis to be "holy shit" level anyway.

Even World of Warcraft has a DX11 optimization...

DX11 isn't everything at this point in time, but coming from the makers of two previous graphically groundbreaking games for their generation (Far Cry, and Crysis obviously); one would think it would be a Crytek requirement.

The only thing I'd like Crytek to do is release a sandbox editor for the game like they did for the original Crysis. Unfortunately, I'm not even holding my breath for that. I'm sure they'd rather charge for DLC levels than let the PC community create some amazing custom levels like with the original game. :(

[...] (I bet Crytek will "promise" eventual 3DFX support for PC gamers, too).

where were you? :D they already have promised support for 3dfx's parent company, at least :p the 2million usd in "marketing money" has a lither bit to do with it :).

Not to be a jerk, but this is why piracy is rampant...nobody want's to pay $60 for a game built on 3 year old tech unless it's awesome.

Console games are not awesome, the half dozen or so buttons make for a kludgy gaming experience with limited options. This leads to dumbing down controls. This is what pissed me off so bad with Dead Space 2...the controls were so dumbed down that it even violated the basic controlset for FPS games. It was bad enough that I did rage a few times.

Thus why after hearing this game is console based, I won't touch it even if given to me for free.

One of the best looking games on the market is "meh"? Really people? Yes it looks worse than Crysis and Warhead, but christ its still a damn good looking game.
Crysis 2 has some nice tricks up its rendering sleeve (I quite like the lens flares), but you have to understand that this is 2011 we're in — some four years after the first Crysis was released, and yet we're looking at an overall regression in visual fidelity compared to what the same company brought to us four years ago.

The original Crysis even had one major gameplay innovation that Crysis 2 does not: quicksaving.

Crysis 2 has some nice tricks up its rendering sleeve (I quite like the lens flares), but you have to understand that this is 2011 we're in — some four years after the first Crysis was released, and yet we're looking at an overall regression in visual fidelity compared to what the same company brought to us four years ago.

The original Crysis even had one major gameplay innovation that Crysis 2 does not: quicksaving.

I'll take the loss in visual quality for the improved gameplay, better fire fights, improved AI, and seemingly better over-all game (though I'm not sure if C2 falls apart in the second half like the original did).

Yes. I hate the loss of quick saving in modern games. I don't blame consoles (since its entirely possible to include quick saving like features on a console) so much as the new "cinematic experience" style of game design where developers think check points are more important than saving anywhere because for some reason "cinematic experience" design dictates that quick saving ruins the "immersion" of the experience.

I think this is the trend that's going to keep going as far as gaming aimed at consoles. There's just more money for game developers in consoles at this point. Piracy is harder to pull off on consoles. You get to aim for one hardware spec which is easier on developers. The downside is that consoles just get too long in the tooth after a while. Idon't think the 360 and ps3 would still be developed for if it weren't for the money involved. Another thing is that more players of consoles are paying with mommy and daddy's money and are less capable of making their voices heard to developers in general than pc gamers. I love PC gaming and don't have a console but then again I can still go back and play every game I've ever owned can console gamers say the same? I don't think Crysis 2 is a HORRIBLE game. Is it worth $60 probably not, but that's very subjective as to how much play time you get out of it. There are arguably far less efficient ways to spend your entertainment dollars($5 beer anyone). I also wanted to throw out there that the Crossfire flickering and scaling can be fixed. I don't know what I did wrong before but apparently I didn't rename the .exe correctly or the profile just wasn't being applied correctly. RadeonPro with the bioshock profile did indeed fix that for me. It wasn't perfect when first started up the game seemed kind of "hitchy" but I was able to play single player with at a framerate of between 30-75 FPS @ 5292x1050 Extreme V-Sync off using this program. It's still not perfect but I'm seeing a CFX utilization of between 80-90%. Before using the program I was mostly seeing around 30 FPS at that same res but high settings. Sorry for the misinformation on that other thread.

Yep, back to waiting for the bargain bin for now I guess.

Fuck Crytek. Why even support this shithole of a company if this is how they like to fuck over their PC supporters? I hope Cevat Yerli gets a size DX 11 dildo stuck up his bunghole and Microsoft as well since I'm sure they had something to do with this to boost 360 sales.

Fuck Crytek. Why even support this shithole of a company if this is how they like to fuck over their PC supporters? I hope Cevat Yerli gets a size DX 11 dildo stuck up his bunghole and Microsoft as well since I'm sure they had something to do with this to boost 360 sales.

Jesus Christ man, chill. You act like Crytek killed your dog.

You guys have some serious issues, as this fascination with dick eating and bungholes cannot be healthy.

Not to be a jerk, but this is why piracy is rampant...nobody want's to pay $60 for a game built on 3 year old tech unless it's awesome.

Console games are not awesome, the half dozen or so buttons make for a kludgy gaming experience with limited options. This leads to dumbing down controls. This is what pissed me off so bad with Dead Space 2...the controls were so dumbed down that it even violated the basic controlset for FPS games. It was bad enough that I did rage a few times.

Thus why after hearing this game is console based, I won't touch it even if given to me for free.

If a game sucks that bad, why will people waste their time by playing a pirated game? I just boils down to people wanting something for free, and it always ends up screwing over honest people.

You guys have some serious issues, as this fascination with dick eating and bungholes cannot be healthy.

Seriously. Just vote with your wallet. I waited for Crysis and Warhead to go on sale. They were well worth the small price I paid (about $10 each) for the level of gameplay and good graphics I enjoyed. If you're disappointed, wait until it's a price that's worth it to you.

Seriously. Just vote with your wallet. I waited for Crysis and Warhead to go on sale. They were well worth the small price I paid (about $10 each) for the level of gameplay and good graphics I enjoyed. If you're disappointed, wait until it's a price that's worth it to you.

Exactly. I'm enjoying the game, but I doubt I'll buy it until its cheaper. Until then I'll play through my bosses copy since he's done with it for now.

I just think it's funny that it's 2011 and Crysis 2 is built on the same tech (dx9) as Far Cry was before release in 2004.

The most sane comment I read in this thread. I did the same thing but more so cause my rig wasnt up to snuff then. I enjoyed it an excellent game that looked nice and could alllmost maxx out at a res one step lower than my current res. This game looks arguably better and runs beautiful on my upgraded system at native res. I'm happy as a pig in mud.

I just think it's funny that it's 2011 and Crysis 2 is built on the same tech (dx9) as Far Cry was before release in 2004.
It's also funny that its still one the best looking games out there regardless of how you compare its tech.

I feel bad for all the people with this intense need to voice their hatred for this game and make sweeping assumptions of their future business goals and internal protocol within the company.

I am glad that Crytek, an up and coming company, got a chance to pull in some console money. I have faith that this game will sell well and empower them to spend the resources to also come out with an awesome new PC game that most of you will love and give you the same feeling you got when you saw the first video demo of Crysis in that jungle scene.

Back