Crysis 2 Crossfire

Matrices

Supreme [H]ardness
What are you guys doing to make this shit work? Are newer drivers/CAP compatible? I'm running the fear.exe on 11.2 and CAP 3.

Two 5850s, 11.2 drivers, CAP 4 profiles and it works just fine. Renaming the .exe to Bioshock.exe makes it run even better.

From the OCN forums, FEAR.exe seems to be the way to go if you're having issues with Bioshock.exe. Anyone using Steam is fucked, though. AMD's driver team really needs to be fired, en masse. This is the second time (Rift was first) in recent memory that they release some "profile" and it doesn't do shit for most users in CF.

I was getting weird brown rectangular boxes across the screen. Renaming to FEAR.exe fixed that and increased performance 5-10 fps.

From the OCN forums, FEAR.exe seems to be the way to go if you're having issues with Bioshock.exe. Anyone using Steam is fucked, though. AMD's driver team really needs to be fired, en masse. This is the second time (Rift was first) in recent memory that they release some "profile" and it doesn't do shit for most users in CF.

lol amd's team needs to be fired? at least they don't catch on fire *cough*GTX590*cough* no but seriously FEAR.EXE i think, from what i have read, would and should work best.

interesting that changing the exe to fear makes cf work as the textures in the game look suspiciously like those in fear 2.

that's what happens when you have console optimized textures :p Some things have to be sacraficed, even during creation, certain guidelines have to be followed to fit the xbox360's unique texture mapping subsystem. Then it's poorly ported over to the PS3, if so. EDIT:Afterwards, a PC version is recompiled from the source code by an intern, and he uses the original texture files with the same texture mapping system as the xbox360 version :p

Last edited:
so far crysis 2 even plays a little like fear 2, right down to that gimmicky feature that lets you kick over parts of the environment and use it for cover.

i had to disable crossfire to get decent performance on my pair of 6970 ;/
tried fear, bioshock and rift exe

I'm using the latest profiles, and it doesn't look like theres any crossfire boost at all with this game.

Being a Steam-version owner, I knocked my res from 1440x900 with everything maxed out using that nifty graphics settings utility down to 1366x768 and then used the middle setting for AA and edge AA. With everything cranked at 1440x900 I was getting between 33-40FPS, with my lower settings I get between 49-60FPS.

I was still getting flickering and whatnot, so I decided hey, I'll just turn crossfire off and OC one of my cards. Turns out I get the exact same framerates.

There is another patch in the works already it sounds like, hopefully it wont take too long. This is semi-disappointing as it stands now.

With Steam, what you can do is use Radeon Pro, add the game profile to the program, and then tell the profile to use the FEAR Crossfire profile. That way you don't have to change the name of the exe.

I'm using 11.4 preview drivers and it looks like every other frame has lighting effects, so the result is this really annoying flashing. I turned crossfire off, and it went away.

Used radeon pro with fear exe, now I am gaming at extreme setting(3600x1920) with crossfire70+ frames no flickering or lighting effects. I am using non steam version

Back