Crucial M500 480GB SSD 159.99 lightning deal

filip

2[H]4U
The Crucial M500 480GB is 159.99 at amazon right now.

LInk

It's a Lightning deal so get it while it is hot.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks. :) I got one with just 15 minutes left. I had to pay tax but, I will not see this drive at this price for a while, maybe mid next year as a regular price. Going to enjoy it when I receive it next week.

Maybe, maybe not. The SanDisk Ultra II which is faster was $160, Mushkin Chronos was $140, and the OCZ AMD 480GB was $160 as well all this week.

Really sucks having to pay tax on Amazon... ugh.

Maybe, maybe not. The SanDisk Ultra II which is faster was $160, Mushkin Chronos was $140, and the OCZ AMD 480GB was $160 as well all this week.

Really sucks having to pay tax on Amazon... ugh.

But are those of equal in terms of reliability? I know in general the consensus is to go Crucial, Samsung and Intel. Just wondering if any other brands are worth looking into.

And it looks like I missed out on the deal. I don't mind waiting until they drop to $120 or so though.

New year SSD's will stay at these prices i am sure.

and this is also the old model now with the MX100 out to replace the M500 and the M550 as their high performance line so now they are just trying to clear our inventory.

But are those of equal in terms of reliability? I know in general the consensus is to go Crucial, Samsung and Intel. Just wondering if any other brands are worth looking into.

And it looks like I missed out on the deal. I don't mind waiting until they drop to $120 or so though.

I haven't had any issues with the Sandisk drives that I own yet. I did have some issues with the Crucial M4 locking up, but I think they've gotten all of those sorted out since then. That M500 was a great price, but I really don't need another SSD right now.

Been running a Mushkin Chronos for several years now with zero issues. Have also always been very high on Muskin system memory. Quality stuff.

Amazon upgraded my shipping to UPS Next Day Air, for free! Got mine this afternoon!

Got it and ended up having to return it. It would not function in a USB 2 dock and it has issues with the 990 FX Chipset. Think I will stick with MyDigitalSSD, PNY and Intel which all work solidly for me. I also tried a 256GB MX100 drive back in June and it failed in a week with bad blocks. Crucial just is not for me with my hardware.

Back