Crucial m4 said to be released april 26th - who's buying?

Zipp

n00b
The Crucial forum and Engadget have the official date for retail distribution as tomorrow (today?) April 26th. I sold my only SSD when I upgraded to a Sandy Bridge laptop and I've been dying to replace this spindle disk. This notebook supports SATA 3 so it should be a worthwhile upgrade.

Anyone else waiting to pull the trigger on this thing?

I'm waiting to see the price on it. If it's expensive, I think I'll just get the C300, since the 128gb version is on sale on Newegg for $200. If it's a comparable price to the C300, I'll jump for the new version. I've heard that the performance is only a marginal upgrade though.

superbiiz (formerly ewiz?) has had the C400 for about a month now. Its OEM, but the price is good at $460 for 256GB.

Based on the review's I have seen, the M4 is actually slower in a few areas, although on the whole it seems to be 5-20% faster. But nothing that seems to really justify paying much more. The price difference right now on Newegg is $28. That is pretty minimal to me, but I just bought a C300, and I am not worried either way.

they must have readjusted the price already, but glad to see they're showing up

I might just go with a 256 c300 and save approx $80. Not sure if there will be much of a real world performance boost

FYI Amazon (not a marketplace vendor) is now selling the 64GB, 256GB, and 512MB m4. $117, $453 and $907 respectively. Free shipping and no tax.

My 256GB will be delivered tomorrow.

Back