Crucial M4 256GB SSD - $200 w/ FS at Amazon

I remember this deal happening a week or so ago as well. We'll have to see if the other companies follow suit.

lol

i ordered this yesterday from them for $230. Just chatted in and they are refunding the difference :)

Newegg Business also has this for $200 currently, fyi.

You can price match this with Staples and use one of their $25 or $30 off coupons to bring it down a little further. :cool:

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll finally get to see what all the SSD fuss is about :)

damn you guys.. I bit :( now I have to explain to my wife what happened to my gas money for next week..

Last edited:
damn you guys.. I bit :( now I have to explain to my wife what happened to my gas money for next week..
Siphon gas from her car...she'll just think she's been "heavy footed". I'm in the middle of order one of these right now.

Not so hard to believe if he lives in LA and has to drive the 405 daily. Probably quicker to walk it.

Last edited:
I already got one from TigerDirect for $200 last week... now should I get a second one...?

I bought this drive 2 weeks ago for the same price and so far its been awesome.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll finally get to see what all the SSD fuss is about :)
You'll notice a difference, but since you have a 775 rig, you won't be able to see SATA III speeds.

Should I take the plunge and use as a gaming drive? Or wait a bit for the 480gb SSD's to drop?

I drive 100miles a day and I have a V6 car. you can do that math :(

Geez dude, stay off of the pedal. I have a 3.5L V6 and drive about that much every day, but I'm only spending about $50 per week on gas. Something's not adding up. :confused:

You'll notice a difference, but since you have a 775 rig, you won't be able to see SATA III speeds.

Should I take the plunge and use as a gaming drive? Or wait a bit for the 480gb SSD's to drop?

His random access speeds won't be bottlenecked by the interface, and that's where SSD make the most difference (opening apps etc). Sequential speeds will be capped tho, might affect game load times.

I'm using a 120GB Samsung 830 that I bought in November for like $200 (came with Barman Arkham City at least), I've been tempted to pick up a second one or a 256GB M4 to use as a game drive but ehh.... Not really worth it imo. It's not hard to move games around with Steam Mover... The way prices are going, these things might be 50¢ a GB by end of year or the next one, this deal is already pretty close to 75¢ / GB, which was unheard of just 6 months ago.

It's definitely a great time to jump on a SSD if you're not running your OS on one tho. It's a shame ultrabooks and other light laptops have moved to non-standard stick formats for SSD, otherwise I'd upgrade right now and re-use older/smaller drives on a future laptop.

His random access speeds won't be bottlenecked by the interface, and that's where SSD make the most difference (opening apps etc). Sequential speeds will be capped tho, might affect game load times.

I'm using a 120GB Samsung 830 that I bought in November for like $200 (came with Barman Arkham City at least), I've been tempted to pick up a second one or a 256GB M4 to use as a game drive but ehh.... Not really worth it imo. It's not hard to move games around with Steam Mover... The way prices are going, these things might be 50¢ a GB by end of year or the next one, this deal is already pretty close to 75¢ / GB, which was unheard of just 6 months ago.

It's definitely a great time to jump on a SSD if you're not running your OS on one tho. It's a shame ultrabooks and other light laptops have moved to non-standard stick formats for SSD, otherwise I'd upgrade right now and re-use older/smaller drives on a future laptop.
I used steam mover to see how FO: New Vegas would load vs my 600gb velociraptor and the difference was minimal, but still faster :D.

I can't wait till prices go down even further, $200 bucks today is till gonna be $200 a year from now. Hopefully we see 480gb+ SSD drives for that price in a year or LESS!!!

Back