Crucial M4 128GB - $124.99 at Amazon

odditory

Supreme [H]ardness
Hot, cold, I dont care these are some good times with first the 256GB Crucial M4 and now the 128GB Crucial M4 at less than $1/Gb.

There are two groups of SSD buyers: Those that know Crucial's track record with the C300 and M4, and those that are still wandering forums with a thumb parked asking which drive to buy.

http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-2-5-Inch-Solid-State-CT128M4SSD2/dp/B004W2JKZI/

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Agreed. Fantastic SSD with excellent customer support. I run the 128 and have been smiling from day 1.

I've been really contemplating switching out my 64gb M4 for a 128gb but I still need a SATA3 capable mobo. These types of sales make an overhaul much harder to resist.

But I agree, I did a ton of research after friends had their SSDs fail and finally bit on one last year with the M4 and have been extremely happy. Except that I'm on SATA2. Dammit.

I've been really contemplating switching out my 64gb M4 for a 128gb but I still need a SATA3 capable mobo. These types of sales make an overhaul much harder to resist.

But I agree, I did a ton of research after friends had their SSDs fail and finally bit on one last year with the M4 and have been extremely happy. Except that I'm on SATA2. Dammit.

You honestly aren't missing much real world speed on SATA 2. The biggest advantage of an SSD is the basically zero access time. SATA 3 isn't going to improve on that for you. You might see a difference in a synthetic benchmark but that's about it.

This is the cheapest these SSDs have been--well, outside of the $109.99 Buy.com deal. I'm glad these are dropping in price. Fabulous drives

You honestly aren't missing much real world speed on SATA 2. The biggest advantage of an SSD is the basically zero access time. SATA 3 isn't going to improve on that for you. You might see a difference in a synthetic benchmark but that's about it.

Probably true but it still sucks not having things perform to their fullest. Also, I used a lot of gadgets and external drives and USB3.0 (which obviously would be on that type of board) would be a welcome addition to speed up the frequent transfers of gaming footage and whatnot (prOn)

I bought my M4 128 for 200 bucks last year, and that was a pretty good deal at the time. These new prices make me feel silly, but at the same time I have been enjoying my SSD the whole time since then, which I would have missed out on if I waited for rock bottom prices.

Back