Crucial C300 CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1

vitalym

Limp Gawd
I just ran a speed test using Bart's Stuff Test

Write
Avg/s: 130.8MB

Read
Avg/s: 248MB

Do these speeds look right with the C300?
According to the specs the write speed is good, but the read speed looks like it's connected to a SATA II port, even though I have it in a SATA III port on my ASUS P7P55D-E Pro LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s

Are there any settings in the BIOS or elsewhere that need to be adjusted for it to read faster?

Last edited:
Not familiar with bart's stuff test. Try "AS SSD Benchmark" or CrystalDiskMark.

In CDM set transfer size to 1000MB and see what your sequentials look like.

Last edited:
Not familiar with bart's stuff test. Try "AS SSD Benchmark" or CrystalDiskMark.

In CDM set transfer size to 1000MB and see what your sequentials look like.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalDiskMark 3.0 x64 (C) 2007-2010 hiyohiyo
Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]

Sequential Read : 259.004 MB/s
Sequential Write : 131.450 MB/s

Test : 1000 MB [C: 40.3% (48.1/119.1 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2010/10/12 23:50:22

Confirm if SATAIII is enabled in that motherboard's BIOS. By default its disabled (same for USB3). Look in the tool menu under "IO Levelup"

Last edited:
Confirm if SATAIII is enabled in that motherboard's BIOS. By default its disabled (same for USB3). Look in the tool menu under "IO Levelup"

I looked and haven't found anything about level up other than CPU level up, but it's late and I'm tired so I might be missing it.

If it's there, then I will find it tomorrow...if anyone owns this board the exact steps would be awesome.

I have the same drive as you and I ran AS SSD test last night. Don't have the exact readings I got but here are the approx. numbers:

Sequential Read : 340.000 MB/s
Sequential Write : 130.000 MB/s

Hope this helps!

So I checked and I didn't find anything about IO Levelup

Unfortunately I don't have this board, I'd just done a quick google around and saw someone else with the same exact C300 issue on the same mobo and he managed to get SATA III enabled somewhere. You've checked the actually boot-time BIOS and not just the windows based Asus tool?

I have the same drive as you and I ran AS SSD test last night. Don't have the exact readings I got but here are the approx. numbers:

Sequential Read : 340.000 MB/s
Sequential Write : 130.000 MB/s

Hope this helps!

It helps me know something is wrong :(

Unfortunately I don't have this board, I'd just done a quick google around and saw someone else with the same exact C300 issue on the same mobo and he managed to get SATA III enabled somewhere. You've checked the actually boot-time BIOS and not just the windows based Asus tool?

Yup, "Press DEL to enter setup"
Would you mind linking me the post you found regarding that, I'll look through it for clues

Back