CRT issues

mrurmil

Weaksauce
Hi all,

I'm using a Sony Trinitron Multiscan G500 here at work. The 4 corners of my screen are purple for some reason. When I hit degauss, the entire screen looks perfect (no purple or anything) for about 3 seconds, then it goes back to the way it was. It doesn't transition back to the bad look, it just goes to it instantly after 3 seconds. Does anyone know what is going or how to fix it?

I had a similar thing happen when i placed some unshielded speakers too close to my television (within two feet or so). The only problem is if it's left that way too long the damage becomes permanent.

I'm obviously not sure if interference is your issue but it's easy enough to troubleshoot~be sure to also check the path of your vga cable as the interference can be entering thru there as well.

Yea, speakers or another magnetized device too close to the tube will do that. It could also be a landing problem. You could open the moniters OSD and navigate to where you can adjust landing.

Your a genius. Landing fixed the problem. I set all 4 corners to 50 and it looks good now. Thank you so much!

Back