• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CRT issues

mrurmil

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 18, 2003
Messages
81
Hi all,

I'm using a Sony Trinitron Multiscan G500 here at work. The 4 corners of my screen are purple for some reason. When I hit degauss, the entire screen looks perfect (no purple or anything) for about 3 seconds, then it goes back to the way it was. It doesn't transition back to the bad look, it just goes to it instantly after 3 seconds. Does anyone know what is going or how to fix it?
 
I had a similar thing happen when i placed some unshielded speakers too close to my television (within two feet or so). The only problem is if it's left that way too long the damage becomes permanent.

I'm obviously not sure if interference is your issue but it's easy enough to troubleshoot~be sure to also check the path of your vga cable as the interference can be entering thru there as well.
 
Yea, speakers or another magnetized device too close to the tube will do that. It could also be a landing problem. You could open the moniters OSD and navigate to where you can adjust landing.
 
Your a genius. Landing fixed the problem. I set all 4 corners to 50 and it looks good now. Thank you so much!
 
Back
Top