Crossfire option missing in CCC

bigmac11

Limp Gawd
Man I hope someone can help me before I go insane. I started playing Far Cry 4 yesterday and it ran like shit. Since I havent updated drivers in a few moths downloaded the latest from AMD. And then the fun started. No matter what I do the crossfire option does not appear. I've tried 4 different drivers, tested each slot and card individually, tried different bridges, reinstalled windows and for the life of me i cannot get it working.
I'm sitting at around 8 hours of bullshit and have gotten nowhere. PLEASE help before I smash my PC thats how pissed I am.

Sorry about that.
Do what the guy above me said.....
uninstall using the CCC uninstaller, then run DDU (DisplayDriverUninstaller).....just follow the instructions in the program.
Install 14.11.2 beta

Unfortunately FarCry4 doesn't utilize Crossfire........yet.:(

Well I have to say this was one of the hardest things to fix. I didnt do anything different but on one of my many installs it started working. Didnt do anything different hardware or software wise it just all of a sudden worked.

In my 20+ years of messing with pcs I never had such a problem installing a driver. Man I wont be updating for quite a bit. Thanks for the replies :)

In my 20+ years of messing with pcs I never had such a problem installing a driver. Man I wont be updating for quite a bit. Thanks for the replies :)

That kind of weird quirk tends to be pretty common with those cards unfortunately :(... I know from experience.

And the bullshit continues. Got up bright and early today to play a few games and somehow since last night I once again lost crossfire. Tried restoring and reloading the drivers and it just wont work.

If anyone can give suggestions it would be appreciated. So now Im up to probably 20+ hours dealing with this. I've made a deal with myself if I cant get this fixed by noon Im smashing all the AMD cards I have. I do not remember ever having these types of issues with Nvidia.

Does your system recognize the cards individually? Are the power cables seated properly - I once had the same issue due to loose power cables at the PSU-end.

Does switching the position of the cards make any difference and can you use a different PCIE slot to test Crossfire (I guess not)?

Back