• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crossfinity Dirt2 much more playable today.

Finkus

Gawd
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
931
..with the Dirt2 patch. The notes mention something about optimising triple buffering so perhaps that was it. The controls feel much more responsive in Crossfinity mode with barely any stuttering. They also mentioned optimising shadows. General performance seems to have skyrocketed.

Between the new patch and the 10.3 Catalyst drivers, Dirt2 is screaming along at 60fps average, with vysnc, with all DX11 features on, at 6048x1080.

The patch weighs in at around 600MB. Go check it out! :D

P.S. I think Dirt2 is currently the gold standard Eyefinity game. Correct aspect ratio and field of view, with a centralised UI, right out of the box.
 
I ran into issues where dirt 2 would open in window mode only and lag itself out =(...re-installing it now w/ the update to see if that will help
 
I ran into issues where dirt 2 would open in window mode only and lag itself out =(...re-installing it now w/ the update to see if that will help

Hit ALT-Enter to make it fullscreen.

Dirt2 often freaks out if you change resolutions or switch vsync on and off. I've seen the screen black out and the game go into various resolutions of windowed mode. Just hit ALT-Enter, like any other game, to make it fullscreen. Or ALT-F4 if it looks like it's crashed.
 
Good to know. Unfortunately this might mean that optimizing for Eyefinity requires more developer support than most shops might be interested in providing.
 
Min=42, AVG=52 went to Min=48, AVG=57 with the patch at 1680x1050, Ultra 2xaa. Had to manually install the patch though.
 
cool cant wait to try it out.. I saw steam updating the game last night..
 
Good to know. Unfortunately this might mean that optimizing for Eyefinity requires more developer support than most shops might be interested in providing.

All they need to do is center the HUD and provide a way to change the FOV...
 
P.S. I think Dirt2 is currently the gold standard Eyefinity game. Correct aspect ratio and field of view, with a centralised UI, right out of the box.

Mmm... but Burnout Paradise has specific triple monitor UI options... and this game was released in 2008. Go figure.
 
I can't remember where I read it, but yeah if you play Dirt2 crossfire/crossfinity the 10.3's are must haves.
 
Where are you guys finding the Dirt 2 patch? And the ATI Catalyst 10.3 Drivers? I am using a XFX HD5870
 
If you have Steam it will already be patched up. If you don't then it will auto-patch when you log into GFWL.

The 10.3 beta drivers are floating about the net. I got mine from a link here on this forum I think.
 
Back
Top