Cross by Red Harbinger

Certainly, just use low speed fans or a fancontroller :)

Thanks a lot guys!
Indeed a cool frontpage! :)

It has been over 2 months, time for a small update. :)
Needed some time to finish some things up and save up money for the screens and stand.

In the mean time also finished up a small passive cooled Htpc mod 'L3p AlCu'

And busy on a watercooled Acrylic build 'L3p - Parvum'

Also gathered a small collection of 'Desk Pc' builds I walked into the last few years.
Desk pc build collection.
(Send me a pm if you want yours added :) )

So here the photos from the last 2 months.
First bought a second hand floorstanding monitor mount.
Decided to buy this since I like to work with the desk and hardware inside and adding another 25Kg to the existing 80Kg ..

Dell 17" mounted for the looks .. bit small :)

Tested some other stuff in the meantime with the desk and some hardware.

And the first one out of 3.

Was in love with the design since day one.

Few weeks later also got the second one.

Still need to find a solution for the 'missing' Vesa mount.
(Sometimes you have to sacrifice for design)

Warranty voided .. but the leg is off :p

The original Vesa mount from the RS Stand won't work on the 1.5mm plastic.

So thinking of something else.

Will be be the fixation from the original foot.

Gladly have some 15x15mm aluminum bar left.

Also glad Asus and RS work with metric :)

So some drilling and tapping.

And assembled.

First one hanging like a rock!

2 outside monitors will need a small different way but should be no problem.

Waiting for the third monitor :)

One of the most beautiful projects I have ever seen. Great work! :)

Thanks a lot guys!

Small update again.

First the gaming package for this build from SteelSeries.

And made the two other monitor supports.
The photos will explain it all :)

At this moment I'm fully investigating a problem I had with the memory since the start.
The mainboard doesn't recognise the memory from slots B1 and B2. (More info here)
Seems I got scammed with a second hand cpu :(
No idea what to do yet...

Hopefully soon the third monitor :)

Where did you get the free standing monitor stand? I'm very interested.

Any chance we can get dimensions or a link to product details on that monitor arm?

Yo, brohan, muh broseph, two posts above yours. Product link. From l3p himself. Learn to read.

There has been quite a change in GPU's here.
Had the abillity to trade the 7970 for a GTX690.
This card was perfect for the Parvum build.
So decided to trade the second 7970 for a GTX690 too.

Will also polish both blocks and bridge like in the Parvum build as soon as they are here.

So played around already with them this week.

Under full stress.

After buying 2 239H's myself I got a third ASUS 239H from Asus Benelux for helping them on the Firstlook event.
Thanks for everything Rogier and Sven!

Couldn't wait to get it working.

And have my first triple screen experience :)

Here a small video, monitor isn't aligned yet and please don't mind my gameplay :)
Really an awesome experience!

Soon the final pics.

Did the last photoshoot last weekend.
Will be sorting them this week and make a final post including 2 nice videos.

Here the last pics right before it was finished + something extra :)

Bought an LSI Megaraid from someone to replace the Highpoint.

Also decided to place the monitor power adapters inside the desk .. enough room for it :)

And the last cable management... pfff

Got my last order thanks to Highflow!

And on request a small 'howto polish EK CSQ blocks' video.

Inside Cross I will use Red coolant off course .. still couldn't resist to show the result with UV Green :)

If I didn't have such terrible luck with colored fluid, I would go with green, that looks sick.

Final pics!

First a shot of the inside. There's just one power cable coming out of the desk to feed the 2 pc's, speakerset and 3 lcd's. This next to the 'standard' cables and watercooling :)

And the rest :)
(click for full res)

Lights off!

Taking my word back on surround-gaming .. pretty awesome :)

So is dual benching.

This wasn't just a casemod/build .. on the background the last 8 months I was able to to fully test the prototype on temperatures and compatibility etc. with the used products.

I want to thank² all the sponsors for helping on this project!

Some words from Thomas Nunn - CEO Red Harbinger:
"Well, it has been a challenge, and we appreciate the extreme levels of patience as seen within our fan-base.
We had no idea of all the complex logistical issues that would arise when manufacturing and distributing the large Cross desk around the world.
After several design iterations and manufacturing tweaks, we finally got the process down and have a viable means to store and ship out the desks to both North America and the EU.
Cross is meant to be our high-end flagship product, but while we were ironing out the key details, we designed several other products as well; we won't tease those photos until they are in production!
Our North American retailer is awaiting their Cross desk sample to arrive so that we may conduct final quality inspections on the finished product.
Once we review, you can expect the button to be pushed for final production and delivery to our North American and EU distributors.
As a status update, the desk is finished, with packaging development in the process as we speak.
Make sure to visit our facebook page or later our website to keep updated on future products and contests."

Thomas, Scott, Shawn, Chuck, Youri, Daniel, David .. you guys are awesome! :)

Next to the sponsors I also want to thank all other people that helped Red Harbinger or me personally on this project!
And off course ... you guys :)

(click for full res.)

At the end of this week I'll upload 2 different videos. An unpacking/buildlog video and a final video!

Is there a specific photo you guys like?

The only thing you need now are a pair of these:
img-thing

Fantastic build, the liquid cooling makes it look like you're doing some nuclear reactor cooling in there.

In all my years of computing, this is the most incredible setup I've ever seen. Bravo sir.

:confused: What kind of monitors are those? It looks like one of those 3 in 1 setups. I've never seen bezels that thin before? What size are each? Where can you get them?

UPDATE: Never mind, found it on page 5.......Sue me, I'm lazy this morning.:rolleyes:

OOooOOh, Asus is coming out with an MX299q model. I'll take three, kthnxbai.......

Last edited:
Indeed awesome job! I could see this being a niche business for events such as this. Congrats!

Well I think I spoke too soon. For me personally, I'm still not impressed with the bezel thickness, it needs to be much thinner for me to invest in a three display setup. I'm aware that manufacturing a monitor or TV with little to no bezel is next to impossible; the two vertical bezels in a three way setup would be too distracting for me. They need to be eliminated.

Well I think I spoke too soon. For me personally, I'm still not impressed with the bezel thickness, it needs to be much thinner for me to invest in a three display setup. I'm aware that manufacturing a monitor or TV with little to no bezel is next to impossible; the two vertical bezels in a three way setup would be too distracting for me. They need to be eliminated.

Those monitors have about the thinnest bezel I've seen on displays to date. If you really don't want bezels, you could run 3 projectors. that's the only way I've ever seen 3 screens done with no borders between. There is a member on the forums that has such a set up. You should check it out.
The bezels really don't bother me when i've gamed with them. Your eyes are still drawn to the main screen in front of you, the outer screens just envelope you in the games more, Makes you feel more a part of the scene when you see things moving out of the corners of your eyes.

As has been stated since the dawn of Eyefinity, your eyes begin to ignore the bezels when your gaming and you become immersed in the experience. If your constantly waiting for the change of state in your mind it never will. If you just get into the game and play, they disappear.

Bravo!!!!

Pure Sex. Those monitors are awesome.

I have the weirdest boner right now.

Absolutely beautiful! Congrats on a project well done. :)

Best rig I have ever seen. Hands down. Actually inspiring.

Thank you.

The only thing you need now are a pair of these:
img-thing

Fantastic build, the liquid cooling makes it look like you're doing some nuclear reactor cooling in there.

In all my years of computing, this is the most incredible setup I've ever seen. Bravo sir.

Indeed awesome job! I could see this being a niche business for events such as this. Congrats!

Thanks a lot guys!!! :cool:

:confused: What kind of monitors are those? It looks like one of those 3 in 1 setups. I've never seen bezels that thin before? What size are each? Where can you get them?

UPDATE: Never mind, found it on page 5.......Sue me, I'm lazy this morning.:rolleyes:

OOooOOh, Asus is coming out with an MX299q model. I'll take three, kthnxbai.......

Not sure about 3 of the 299's, a bit to wide for me :p

Those monitors have about the thinnest bezel I've seen on displays to date. If you really don't want bezels, you could run 3 projectors. that's the only way I've ever seen 3 screens done with no borders between. There is a member on the forums that has such a set up. You should check it out.
The bezels really don't bother me when i've gamed with them. Your eyes are still drawn to the main screen in front of you, the outer screens just envelope you in the games more, Makes you feel more a part of the scene when you see things moving out of the corners of your eyes.

^^
Exactly :D

Can't disagree more about the statement about your eyes ignoring
the bezels. I've played on an eyefinity setup before - I didn't get used to it. It's too much of a distraction. This monitors physical bezel is very thin, yes, but, as indicated in the threads pics, the actual picture doesn't expand to its edge, causing a noticeable band that will show as a too thick bezel when three are set up side by side. Sorry, it just won't do. As I said earlier, I'm aware I'll be waiting quite a while for a true "frameless" edge-to-edge bezel that won't interfere with my vision.

next add 3 more monitors... for the rear view big circle of monitors...

I can not even imagine how heavy that rig is...I want one...

After all the hard work, you deserve a round of applause on this project, well done!

Back