Critique My Proposed setup

psyclist

Gawd
Hey Guys,

Ok so after a few revisions, I think Im setting on a design. Trying to balance cooling performance and budget here. So im trying to cool the rig in my sig, Buying an H240X once they hit the shelves and another 140 thick rad they are outlined in blue in the pic. The green loop is my second 290X which is currently on an AIO setup that works pretty well.

I cant fit a 280 in the front right now because I have one of the HD cages installed and its full. And I dont think my lines for my AIO will reach from the lower PCIE to the rear exhaust (but they might) so its for now exhausting out the bottom.

I know this will be pushing this setup a little, but do you think it will run decently? and I know if I want to add the other GPU in the future I will have to up my rad surface area. I had thought for that, to move the H240X to the front of the case and put a thick 360 up top. But unsure if the H240X pump can handle all that?

Anyways, shoot my plan full of holes. Id love some constructive feedback from those who have been down this road before.

a5dxkm.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it'd be functional but understandable if you're trying to balance budget and performance. Given you're already cooling one GPU using an AIO, if you wanted to save even more costs, you could just get an AIO for your other GPU and stick with air for your CPU.

What does both fans intaking or exhausting do to airflow? Seems to me youd want to balance intake and exhaust no? Intake on both would cause all the components inside to heat up and as a result my second 290X would suffer on both the core and VRM temps.

Revised based on trying to balance intake and exhaust

Should the front fans be turned around to exhaust as well? Will this not starve the setup of intake air?

r79k7t.jpg

Back